How many times have you read the saga?

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Marie Masen
Settled in Forks

Re: How many times have you read the saga?

Post by Marie Masen »

I am a newly addicted fan. I didn't read them for the first time until Oct/Nov of 2010.
by now I have lost track - at least 10 times each.
The Short Life of Bree only twice and Midnight Sun about 8 times because I keep reading Twilight and MS at the same time to put them together.
I finally got a Kindle Ereader so no one can tell what I'm reading!!
I too have to have a little bit of Twilight every day!!
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

We're like reading buddies, Marie! :wave: How fast do you read them? I read each in about 24 hrs the first time through, but now I'm up to about 2-3 days per book. I keep trying to lengthen the time I go between reads, but all that happens is that I spend more time online and on movies. I always read all the way through, except when looking up quotes for wallpaper (yes, I make Twilight wallpaper to feed the addiction too) and to refer to in the forums.
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
Marie Masen
Settled in Forks

Post by Marie Masen »

OMG Hi Smitten-by-twilight!! :clap:
soul mates by Twilight...I tryto take my time but I just can't.
Plus I watch the movies over and over again. I almost have to watch one a day but can't when my husband is home.
I have even watched all three in one day when he has to work long hours 2 days a week.
EverythingRemindsMeOfTwili
Settled in Forks

Post by EverythingRemindsMeOfTwili »

I've read the entire series 6 times, Bree 3, the Host 2, and Hell on Earth 2. I'm jealous of my Mom--she's read them 13 times! And I'm the one that got her hooked! Oh well, I've got little kids and she's semi-retired. Such is life. :)
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side."
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Hell On Earth? Have I missed something by SM? :shock: Where can I find it?
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
Marie Masen
Settled in Forks

Post by Marie Masen »

I have also printed out scenes from the movies and cut them out and put them in the books near the appropriate paragraphs. With Breaking Dawn, I just have random pix of Edward and Bella. :)
Settled in Forks

"Hell on Earth" is a short story she wrote. It's in a book with other authors stories too--the book is called Prom Nights From Hell. I REALLY like it a lot. I haven't read the other authors' stories, but SM's is great (as usual). :D
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side."
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

I have literally, at this moment, lost count. I believe it's somewhere around 18.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Marie - that's dedication for you. :clap: The movie scenes are often hard to match up to book scenes, too. I'm planning to print out SM's outtakes and extras that were not included in Guide, and stick them in the back, in case they are ever deleted. The one on Lexicon, too, which is one of my faves.

Everything (or ERMOT, which came to me earlier today), thanks for the tip. I remember hearing about the book and being hesitant, but if you think it's good, I'll give it a shot! :D

JazzGirl - totally empathize with losing count. ;) After the first 10 re-reads of Harry Potter I deliberately lost count (re-reading now as part of my constant bid to wean myself from my addiction to all things Twi), and I think I will do the same with Twilight. Only Twihards really understand the addiction ... which is why I need my daily + Lexicon fix!
Settled in Forks

:lol: ERMOT!! That killed me! :lol: I immediately thought of a small rodent....ridiculous, I know. ahhhhh.... :D

But, yes, I did really like SM's short story, but just so you know, my Mom didn't care for it much. But, we never really discussed why. She didn't want to spoil my enjoyment of it and to paraphrase, she said it just struck a personal note with her that she didn't like. But, I thoroughly enjoyed it. :)