How many times have you read the saga?

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules

Re: How many times have you read the saga?

Postby Calicoxx » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:11 am

Twilight - 3
New Moon - 29
Eclipse - 1
Breaking Dawn - 1

God I hate New Moon, but it is *always* there for me to read.

((Hate being liking it less than the others, of course. ^^))
Peace, love, always and forever.
Calicoxx
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Postby ocd4edward » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:46 pm

I picked up Twilight for the first time in June, I think.
This is my 4th read-through - I'm about 3/4 of the way through Eclipse.
I am soooo relieved to hear that I'm not the only one re-reading these books.
I rarely read a book more than 1x (well, except for Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe) -

What is the deal? Why are these books so addicting? They are like literary Girl Scout Cookies. When I'm not reading, I'm listening to Twilight radio or a Muse CD.

I ran into a girl at the library who was a Twilighter - we (twilight freaks) should have a signal or handshake or something.
ocd4edward
Settled in Forks

Postby Dylan » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:17 am

I have read Twilight 19 times, New Moon and Eclipse 10 times (I got them both for christmas and thats why they are the same, and I have read BD 1 (working on #2)
Got A Draft, I would love to read it!
Searching for the a girl that will laugh at every stupid joke I tell. Who I want to hold until the end of time. The girl who I can call mine and who will call me her's... she is out there... I know...
-Dylan
Dylan
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Postby Heidi » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:40 am

I think I've read through them about ten times each..but I have to admit I skip over the sad parts in New Moon anymore..I just can't take the sadness even though I know it all works out. I'm still reading them all in sequence pretty much and until I start a 12 step program at Twilighters Anonymous, I'll probably continue to read them. It's strange because I've never been this addicted to any reading material before. It's like a dream I don't want to wake up from. I'm not ready to let go of the story or the characters.
Heidi~*bringing new meaning to the words "fisher of men"*~-"Call me for your Volterra vacation - Castle tours offered daily! Meet the ancients,they would love you stay for dinner!"
Heidi
Settled in Forks

Postby b&e214 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:06 am

I have only read them all twice so far, but I've only had the saga for three weeks. I would have started my third time around but I lent my copy of twilight to a friend, bad idea, let me tell you.
But HEIDI, I am right there with you. I loved Harry Potter and thought I was obsessed with that, but it doesnt even compare to how I feel about Twilight. I am definately not ready to let them go, and oddly Im not sure I ever will be. A dream you dont want to wake up from is a great way to describe it.
I think your friends are angry at me for stealing you.
They'll survive.
I may not give you back, though.
b&e214
Settled in Forks

Postby iamle4nne » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:21 am

at least 6 times each.. i actually just started reading them like 2 months ago :) i got addicted 8-)
iamle4nne
Settled in Forks

Postby ocd4edward » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:01 pm

b&e214 - I lent out my 1st copy of twilight and haven't seen it since. now my neighbor is bugging me for my new copy - dilema, how to tell her to shove off and get her own...
ocd4edward
Settled in Forks

Postby S_M_G » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:15 pm

ocd4edward wrote:b&e214 - I lent out my 1st copy of twilight and haven't seen it since. now my neighbor is bugging me for my new copy - dilema, how to tell her to shove off and get her own...

Teehee, I have both my copies lent out right now! After I gave the first copy away one night I got this sudden urge to read the meadow scene. Knowing this, my evil best friend kept sending me lines through facebook, the first kiss and all. I had to get dressed, go to walmart at 1AM and buy another copy! Twilight addiction is dangerous :lol:

"You give faith to the ones you love,but the people who really deserve it are the ones who come through even when you don't love them enough".”
S_M_G
Learning to Love Green

Postby trhmllr » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:08 pm

I am way behind everyone!!!!!!!!!!! I just found the Twilight saga in late July. Just before Breaking Dawn came out.
I have also read 20 books this summer besides the Twilight saga. I plan on reading these books many more times!!!!
Twilight-3
New Moon-2
Eclipse-2
Breaking Dawn-2
And like others have said those's #'s count as reading them cover to cover. I have on many occasions picked them up and read certain chapters again... or my favorite parts of each book!!!
I have read all the extras and out takes on Stephenie's web site a few times also!!!
ImageImage
trhmllr
Learning to Love Green

Postby Lizardpolisher » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:50 am

I do this thing where I will start at my favorite part and finsh the book from there. I have done that tons of times for Twilight and New Moon, but all the way through I have read Twilight and New Moon 3 time each.
I read Eclipse once and then lent it out. It went through about 4 different people and I just got it back about a 2 months ago. I am finally rereading Eclipse, so soon it will be 2. And Breaking Dawn once.
Lizardpolisher
Settled in Forks

PreviousNext

Return to Quench Your Thirst