Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: The Science of Twilight

Post by debussygirl »

cataclysm wrote: What if
blood provides some essential ingredient that is used to 'fuel' the
type of cellular maintenance required for immortality?
I don't think so. Wolves can be immortal, but they don't drink blood. And for vampires I think it's more of the venom that immortalizes them. Blood is just a response of their body.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Joanne Maria

Post by Joanne Maria »

Wolves, if they eat raw, are, in a way drinking blood. If they kill another animal to eat there is plenty of blood in the raw meat. Remember when Jacob and Leah ate together in BD.
shape-shifter
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by shape-shifter »

I have a venom question: Would venom kill Nessie, or turn her into a monster?
Joanne Maria

Post by Joanne Maria »

shape-shifter wrote:I have a venom question: Would venom kill Nessie, or turn her into a monster?
Doesn't Renessme have venom in her??? remember when she bit Jacob and everyone was concerned, but nothing happened...
pubesy
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by pubesy »

nessie is non venomous.

so that brings me to another question - since nessie is non venomous, she would have a much harder time eating her prey, yes? since she cannot paralyze her prey?
Team Switzerland - Thanks for the sig Alysha
adultes lexiconum recipientes nuntiis singulis
Joanne Maria

Post by Joanne Maria »

Renesmee is non-venomous but she still has the razor sharp teeth and the speed and the strength of a vampire.
Their venom helps them to attract their prey (humans), remember how Edward's scent always dazzled Bella.
So, I think if Renesmee is only preying on animals, she will not need to attrack them.
She can use her razor sharp teeth and strenght to kill them. Vamps venom helps to trap not kill.

As far as if she were bitten by another vamp??? We need to ask SM that one.

I would like to thank my friend QUEENIE for these answers!!!
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Joanne Maria wrote:Wolves, if they eat raw, are, in a way drinking blood. If they kill
another animal to eat there is plenty of blood in the raw meat.
Remember when Jacob and Leah ate together in BD.
But that doesn't mean it's the blood that gives them immortality. They don't need to eat while in wolf form, and so could never eat raw meat if they didn't want to. Remember how grossed out Leah was by it? I doubt she would have eaten raw meat if there had been any other choice.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Joanne Maria

Post by Joanne Maria »

Nope...blood does not make the wolves immortal, shape shifting does. You are correct.All is was saying was that they do consume blood if they choose to eat in wolf form. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
Last edited by Joanne Maria on Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

pubesy wrote:nessie is non venomous.

so that brings me to another question - since nessie is non venomous, she would have a much harder time eating her prey, yes? since she cannot paralyze her prey?
but she's very strong with sharp teeth. she isn't as strong as a vampire but almost quite so. like Nahuel. but her teeth are pretty sharp...
shape-shifter
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by shape-shifter »

At least one thing makes sense about Nessie: she has brown eyes. I think it's funny how Bella always imagined she would have a boy with green eyes, because Edward had green eyes as a human, but everyone knew that Nessie would have Bella's eyes