General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Re: Hybrid Vampires

Post by ringswraith »

Well it's said her body won't mature past a certain point, but no one's said it can't change to allow for a child.

And if we're going with the whole "imprint to pass on" theory, Jacob wouldn't have imprinted with Renesmee if she couldn't have kids.

As for the Punnet square... I believe no matter the outcome, the child will have traits of a human, vampire and werewolf/shapeshifter. The only differences in possibilities lies in which part (or parts) will be more dominant (or if they all will be of equal dominance).
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

ringswraith wrote:Well it's said her body won't mature past a certain point, but no one's said it can't change to allow for a child.

And if we're going with the whole "imprint to pass on" theory, Jacob wouldn't have imprinted with Renesmee if she couldn't have kids.
I agree and disagree. It does make sense that Renesmee probably can get pregnant, hence the imprinting.

However, Nahuel didn't say a word about it. And he has 2 or 3 sisters. I think if if the hybrid vampires could get pregnant, he probably would have made a comment.

Or maybe, we are just seeing this throught the wrong angle. We tend to see Renesmee as too human. But she's half. Part of her is vampire as well.
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

Lunna-san wrote:I agree and disagree. It does make sense that Renesmee probably can get pregnant, hence the imprinting.

However, Nahuel didn't say a word about it. And he has 2 or 3 sisters. I think if if the hybrid vampires could get pregnant, he probably would have made a comment.

Or maybe, we are just seeing this throught the wrong angle. We tend to see Renesmee as too human. But she's half. Part of her is vampire as well.
EDIT: Hmm. I think I misunderstood your post. Are you saying that Nahuel would have said something, had his sisters gotten pregnant by someone else?
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

ringswraith wrote:
Lunna-san wrote:I agree and disagree. It does make sense that Renesmee probably can get pregnant, hence the imprinting.

EDIT: Hmm. I think I misunderstood your post. Are you saying that Nahuel would have said something, had his sisters gotten pregnant by someone else?
Sorry, bad English. I'm so tired.

I was just saying, if one of his sisters had a child, I think he would have said something about it. It's just a thought.
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

It's possible they just never thought of it. They are half-vampire, after all- and I believe they hunt humans.
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Joham had taught his children that humans were an inferior species, so I doubt any of Nahuel's sisters would have had a chance to attempt procreation in the first place.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:Joham had taught his children that humans were an inferior species, so I doubt any of Nahuel's sisters would have had a chance to attempt procreation in the first place.
That's a great point.

Perhaps they should go visit the Denalis. :lol:
BeccalovesEdward
Wandering Through Town

Post by BeccalovesEdward »

omegawolf3 wrote:Could we solve this with a Punnet square????
Yes we could!
Okay, well, first off, let me just get my theories out here and my basis for my theories and Punnett Square.
I know somebody in the Science of Twilight topic said that they thought werewolves imprinted on certain people because they had that 24th werewolf gene. And the reason they only imprint on Quiluetes (except for Nessie) is because all the Quiluetes have that 24th gene. The reason Jake imprinted on Nessie was because she has 24 genes. Whoever said that is a god. It is genius.
So, my theory is that the werewolf gene would be recessive on that 24th chromosome.
My other theory is that the vampire gene and the human gene are codominant. It is the only possible way for there to be a hybrid. The Punnett squares proving this can be found here http://s638.photobucket.com/albums/uu10 ... shuman.jpg and here http://s638.photobucket.com/albums/uu10 ... ampire.jpg and here http://s638.photobucket.com/albums/uu10 ... ampire.jpg (The reasoning and the meanings of the letters are in the description)
Using those two theories, I did a 16 square Punnett Square. H is codominant human gene, V is codominant vampire gene, W is no shapeshifting, and w is the ability to shapeshift. http://s638.photobucket.com/albums/uu10 ... rewolf.jpg That means that they would only carry the shapeshifting gene but not be able to turn into a wolf. Half of them would just a normal hybrid on the outside and the other half would be normal humans.
I know the next question is "What combo of hybrids/werewolves/humans does it take to make a vampire/human/werewolf and how many generations?" Well, if a werewolf imprinted on Jake and Nessie's baby, and then they had a children, there would be a possibility of them producing a vampire/human/werewolf. That Punnett Square is here http://s638.photobucket.com/albums/uu10 ... rosswe.jpg with the red being the vampire/human/werewolf. The row third from the left would be a normal human without the ability to shapeshift. The first row would be a normal vampire hybrid carrying the gene for shapeshifting. The last row would be a normal werewolf.
I hope that helps everybody. As many people have said on here, it'll make a lot more sense if you've taken, take, or will take biology.