General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
be my escape
Totally Inside Jacob's Mind

Hybrid Vampires

Post by be my escape »

Discuss the hybrid vampires and the differences between male and female.
tricia
Learning to Love Green

Re: Hybrid Vampires

Post by tricia »

The hybrids have the best of both worlds.

They get the immortality of a vampire, yet they can eat if they want to, they can go out into the sun.

They could live comfortably in both worlds.

Wonder if you diluted Vampire blood in a hybrid with another human what would happen?

Wonder what a 1/3 vampire, 1/3 human and 1/3 wolf would look like?
"Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world."

And, by the way, I adore you... in frightening, dangerous ways.
Bianca
Settled in Forks

Post by Bianca »

tricia wrote:
Wonder if you diluted Vampire blood in a hybrid with another human what would happen?
that's an interesting question! I guess they would live very long, but not forever...

but we don't know if hybrids live for ever, do we???
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

yeah. Hybrids live forever. They eventually just stop growing. But that would be cool to see if Nessie and Jacob have kids. I wonder what they will turn out to be...

But I think it's weird that the male vampire hybrids are poisonous while the females aren't.
museicalking
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by museicalking »

the hybrids are awesome. what's not to like, it had the fun and advantages of both being human and vampire.
Team Emmett- EDC, Inc. Emmett Demolition Crew.
Team Rosalie- Every Rose has its Thorns
Team Alice- Seeing the Future Since 1901
<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3
BeautifulVeins
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by BeautifulVeins »

Do you think Hybrids are infertile? Because they do stop changing after a while, but they stop getting older, does that mean that they couldn't change (the females) in order to have a baby?

Maybe the only way we'll know is if Stephenie does do a book from Jake or Nessie's perpective
"I was thinking, while I was running..."
"About not hitting the trees I hope."
Doodle
Learning to Love Green

Post by Doodle »

I did think about whether Nessie could have a baby too. And if she could what would the child be like? We can assume that Jake will be the baby's father and I was wondering how the vampire parts of Nessie's DNA and Jake's wolf parts will react. Also would the baby be able changed into a wolf? Lots of questions, only Stephenie can answer.
"because days come and go, but my feelings for you are forever"
tricia
Learning to Love Green

Post by tricia »

My guess is that she is human enough to have a child.

After all she can eat food if she choose to, so her digestion works. Well at her rate of growth lucky Nesse will have her period in about 6 months if she can reproduce.

also when you look at it from an imprinting perspective.... If we took Leah's theory about reproduction, maybe you could not imprint on someone who was infertile. Maybe imprinting is a way of carrying on the wolf gene?

I think SM is giving Nesse the best of both worlds and that would include children.
"Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world."

And, by the way, I adore you... in frightening, dangerous ways.
ourlastmemory
Settled in Forks

Post by ourlastmemory »

AliceLauren wrote:yeah. Hybrids live forever. They eventually just stop growing. But that would be cool to see if Nessie and Jacob have kids. I wonder what they will turn out to be...
i like the idea of those two having kids, because...well, in the loosest sense, it wouldn't be a mutant baby because as carlisle discovered, both parents have the same amount of chromosomes ^^
i'm thinking that, if its possible, vampirism will dominate, but the offspring will just carry the ability to shapeshift, rather than ever be able to use it. if the offspring bred with a werewolf then the "shapeshifterism" or whatever it is would probably dominate.
but then, i'm thinking if the hybrids get to a point where they cease growing and reach full maturity, i doubt renesmee will have long before whatever kind of biological clock she has stops ticking, if she does ovulate at all, she might not, since female full vampires dont...thats my theory on it anyway, it would be interesting if stephanie had thought that one through and had an answer...she probably does.
shape-shifter
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by shape-shifter »

I think females are non venomous and males are

I think vampire venom would either kill Nessie, or turn her into a monster

If Nessie and Jacob had kids, would the kids be vampireish? Probably not, but they probably will have vampire model looks, and will probably have wolf genes

hey this would bring vamps and shape-shifters together!