General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
trhmllr
Learning to Love Green

Re: Hybrid Vampires

Post by trhmllr »

I like the fact we have been introduced to hybrids!!! They get the best of both worlds. They can live among the humans, survive with vampires and eat anything!
I think it would be possible for Nessie to conceive and have a baby. I don't think she will "freeze" like a normal vampire does. I hope we get to see what happens between Jake and Nessie
I also agree with what people say about the imprinting on someone who isn't able to bare children. That wouldn't be responsible I guess I could say. What would be the point, you couldn't guarantee the continuation of you line then!! I hope Stepheine will eventually answer our questions with a book!!!!!!!!!!!!
ImageImage
HazedInDeadlyPollen
Wandering Through Town
Location: somewhere in the many worlds of my brain...with Edward...

Post by HazedInDeadlyPollen »

Im just pondering and my mind changes opinion alot but I think Renesmee will most likely not be able to have kids.The werewolves and vampire hibrids have alot in common for me to base this on.
1)they both have a high body temperature
2)they both grow to a certain level of maturity at an excellerated rate and then stop*
3)If we go with Leah's theory,female werewolves cant imprint(to reproduce and carry on the genes) and female vampire hybrids(I think they need an official name) aren't venemous(can't create other vampires)
*Okay so werewolves grow rapidly after their first transformation and stop at a certain rage of development.The vampire hybrids grow rapidly and stop at a certain range of development.Although the werewolves can go back to aging it is only by giving up their werewolf side.The difference is that vampire hybrids can't just give up their vampire half a leave it dormant as the werewolves can.Before the werewolves have their first transformation werewolves live as regular humans because that side lays dormant.The vampire hybrids have their vampire side active from birth so they always develop in the rapid pattern.
if I'm not talking it means I'm lost inside my mind...
- nANCY ^_^
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

If the point of imprinting is to make new werewolves, then I'm sure that Renesmee and Jacob could have children. Weird, but probably true. They'll make a super amazing race of people...
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight

midnitesun
Wandering Through Town

Post by midnitesun »

I f I could pick what kind of creature to be in the Twilight Universe, I would definetly pick a hybrid. It's perfect because you can be vamp and human.
Credit: Evie of Nox!
I took the Midnight Sun virginity pledge!
NessieCullen
Settled in Forks

Post by NessieCullen »

I like the hybrids a lot. They get the best of both worlds *starts humming Hannah Montana* and can probably have kids. She develops really fast, so there's no chance in heck she's frozen. Also, she had a human mom, and humans have babies.

I love whoever suggested the Sarabell and Bilward names. Couldn't you just see that happening?

Alternate names: Alicalie, Edlisle?
TeamEdward
Because they were meant to be. (And vampires are SO much hotter!)
FAVE QUOTE: Edward "You're awfully small to be so hugely irritating."
Please, please, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, publish Midnight Sun!
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

moon.cherry.twilite wrote:Q: WHAT IF RENESMEE AND JACOB HAD A BABY?

A: Species: Vampwolf Human
IF it's a boy
Name: Bilward Charlisle Swullen-Black
IF it's a girl
Name: Sarabell Rosealice Swullen-Black.

Seriously.

I like Sarabell Alice Cullen-Black (Rosalie is too shallow to get any part in the name IMO =])
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
FutureCullen108
Settled in Forks

Post by FutureCullen108 »

I have a question about Nahuel and I'm not quite sure where else to post it. If Nahuel is venemous why wasn't his mother transformed when he chewed his way out of her uterus? I don't know if I'm just missing something, but I haven't been able to figure out an answer yet. At the end of Breaking Dawn Edward explains to Bella that Nahuel thought of himself as a killer for so long because of his mother's death, and he's finally able to move on when he sees Bella. Anyone able to answer?
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

Ok...I think the answer to why he didn't change his mom is that somewhere in the book they say that there are some injuries that even venom can not repair. That's why they are so worried about Bella that the venom wasn't enough or that they didn't get it in her fast enough to change her and she was going to die.

As to why seeing Bella made him not feel like a killer anymore...I think he just realized that he wasn't to blame for killing his mother. That he didn't know any better and all he knew to do was get out. If his mom had had someone like Edward or any of the other Cullen's she wouldn't have died. But he knows now he can't blame himself b/c obviously all hybrid children have the same instinct...to claw and rip themselves free.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Female hybrids may be capable of conceiving a child, but the draw back would be their skin yielding to the growing baby inside of them. Remember, they have vampire skin and that does not yield. Could be a problem.

Also, who is to say that the male hybrid can father children. They could be sterile - some quirk in their biological make-up. They can create vampires, but not father children, hmmm.

I would also think that if both male and female hybrids can have children and these children come from maybe a human/hybrid union, etc ., I would think that the bloodlines would thin out over time and the immortality trait would fade away. There's a lot to speculate about, kind of fun! ;)
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

navarre wrote:Female hybrids may be capable of conceiving a child, but the draw back would be their skin yielding to the growing baby inside of them. Remember, they have vampire skin and that does not yield. Could be a problem.

Also, who is to say that the male hybrid can father children. They could be sterile - some quirk in their biological make-up. They can create vampires, but not father children, hmmm.

I would also think that if both male and female hybrids can have children and these children come from maybe a human/hybrid union, etc ., I would think that the bloodlines would thin out over time and the immortality trait would fade away. There's a lot to speculate about, kind of fun! ;)
I thought that their skin is tougher than a human's but not quite as strong as a vampire's- hence the slight sheen, but not all out sparkle. I thought they explained Renesmee that way, but obviously no one had wanted to test the theory. So I don't think their skin would be as completely unyielding as a vampire's. And it is interesting to think that we could all be descended from vampires :twisted:
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!