General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Must be dreaming
Settled in Forks

Re: Cullen Cars

Post by Must be dreaming »

I was not interested in cars before i read Twilight, but now I am. I don't know, I guess it's kind of funny. I looked up all the cars, just to get an image in my head, and then I actually googled everything and now I know a lot more cars and brands. I even found out that my dad's car is actually a pretty expensive car, and I had no clue, haha. I think Edward's Aston Martin is my favorite now :D
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

i am inlove with the Aston Martin Vanquish..mmm....
Marry me Edward? ;)
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Alice's Porsche is my favorite. I think the color suits her personality, very bright & cheerful.

I have always wanted a Porsche but of course too expensive for me. I think the
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

My grandma has a silver volvo, that I get when I get my license. It's either that I told my parent's or I get a yellow porsche. Then my mom got mad at me so I said I could have a jeep too.
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
bluemaria
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by bluemaria »

I think it is rather funny that Edward refers to Rosalie’s M3 as ostentatious when he himself owns a Vanquish. I mean there really is no comparison between the two. I guess the difference is that he does not show his off.

A few people have talked about what they would have rather Bella got for the after car. My choice for her, given the love she had for the old Chevy, would be a Shelby 500 GT (like in Gone in 60 seconds). Now that is a car with some muscle that anyone, even Bella, could love. It is a Ford and has great roots like her old truck, and Carroll Shelby is an absolutely legendary designer.

Check it out here:
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w293 ... 83x317.jpg

If not a Shelby it might have been cool to get her a kick-a** antique truck. One that would go fast and be a little more her style. I have to say I was kind of expecting this and not the Ferrari
sammydk
Settled in Forks

Post by sammydk »

My favorite is the yellow porsche. Well, I would probably choose another color, but still, I love that kind of car.
My dad drives a Suzuki grand vitara, and I get to drive it sometimes, though I do not like it. To me it's huge, non-feminine, clumsy and a bit difficult to drive. I'm guessing that most cars in America has automatic gears? They don't, here in Denmark, mainly because it's waaay to expensive for any normal person here to get that. We drive manually, and that can be difficult (especially when you won't damage your dads car..) in my opinion.
Our cars costs about 3-4 times more than a car could cost in America.
We pay tons and tons of taxes, charges, insurences, etc etc..
So that why I don't own a car.

But once I get really rich I'll buy myself a Porsche.
She walks in beauty like the night
Hypnotising the silence with her powers
-Suede, DogManStar, Heroine
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

sammydk wrote:My favorite is the yellow porsche. Well, I would probably choose another color, but still, I love that kind of car.
My dad drives a Suzuki grand vitara, and I get to drive it sometimes, though I do not like it. To me it's huge, non-feminine, clumsy and a bit difficult to drive. I'm guessing that most cars in America has automatic gears? They don't, here in Denmark, mainly because it's waaay to expensive for any normal person here to get that. We drive manually, and that can be difficult (especially when you won't damage your dads car..) in my opinion.

when i start to drive i will need an automatic - i am going to do some serious damage if i dont
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
sammydk
Settled in Forks

Post by sammydk »

Landiana wrote:
sammydk wrote:My favorite is the yellow porsche. Well, I would probably choose another color, but still, I love that kind of car.

when i start to drive i will need an automatic - i am going to do some serious damage if i dont
Haha, tell me about it.. I don't know what it's called in English, but if you drive manually there are 3 pedals instead of two, and you have to sort of combine the gas pedal with the.. hmm, it's called 'koblingen' in Danish, but that's the one to the far left that keeps the engine going. You can't just psuh the gas pedal, then the engine will stop. (And that's not fun when you're holding in line, lots of cars behind you. )
It's particualr difficult if the road goes up hill, even the tiniest bit.
I got the hang of it now, my dad taugt me a few tricks.

Another thing; do you get your drivers lisences in highschool, or do you have to pay for it yourself?
We have to, and the avarage price is about 15.000 kr, which is some 2500 dollars... Thats right...
She walks in beauty like the night
Hypnotising the silence with her powers
-Suede, DogManStar, Heroine
novemberalice
Settled in Forks

Post by novemberalice »

i want a porche turbo. if i go to itally i would so steal one. jk i'd never do that.
I coveted you.I had no right to want you -- but I reached out and took you anyway. And now look what's become of you! Trying to seduce a vampire." He shook his head in mock horror.
"You can covet what's already yours,"
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

sammydk wrote:Haha, tell me about it.. I don't know what it's called in English, but if you drive manually there are 3 pedals instead of two, and you have to sort of combine the gas pedal with the.. hmm, it's called 'koblingen' in Danish, but that's the one to the far left that keeps the engine going. You can't just psuh the gas pedal, then the engine will stop. (And that's not fun when you're holding in line, lots of cars behind you. )
It's particualr difficult if the road goes up hill, even the tiniest bit.
I got the hang of it now, my dad taugt me a few tricks.

Another thing; do you get your drivers lisences in highschool, or do you have to pay for it yourself?
We have to, and the avarage price is about 15.000 kr, which is some 2500 dollars... Thats right...
That third pedal is called the "clutch" in English ;) A friend tried to give me a quick lesson in driving "stick" (manually) but nothing really stuck with me, so I stick with automatic but I think it would be really badass to learn stick someday when I have the time. It just seems so much cooler than driving automatic :lol: It's one of the goals I would like to acheive over my lifetime. And woah! $2500?!?!? I thought all the silly fees in the US were ridiculous, but I paid little more than that for my first car... if it had cost that much just to get my license, I would not have been driving for a long time.
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!