General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ShadowNIN
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Cullen Cars

Post by ShadowNIN »

My eyes are trained to find the silver volvos too. It's weird. I never really liked them, but now, I think I could drive one and like it! :) But if I could pick any of the Cullen cars, I would want the vanquish or the guardian. Especially the vanquish if it came with Edward. :twisted:
ImageImage
bluemaria
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by bluemaria »

My friend pointed out that one of our professors drives a Volvo. It's a newer one and not quite what I picture when I think Volvo but it is a pretty nice car. That said, he is kind of a metro/ stuffy guy - very high strung and he is kinda scared of snakes. Just one more reason I just can't picture Edward in anything but the Vanquish :)
piemurmom2
Settled in Forks

Post by piemurmom2 »

I own a 2007 Gray Volvo S60. I am very confused how 5 adults (one of whom was BIG Emmett) would fit comfortably in my car. I guess Jasper & Alice would be snuggled close. But there would definitely be no leg room in the back seat. :lol:
ShadowNIN

Post by ShadowNIN »

Is anyone else bothered that they didn't pick the correct volvo for the movie? From the previews it looks like they picked the C30 but doesn't it say on SM.com that Edward drives the S60R? Were they too cheap to spring for the more expensive one or did they just think a 17 year old guy wouldn't be driving a 4 door sedan? It has been really bugging me!
ImageImage
ShadowNIN

Post by ShadowNIN »

piemurmom2 wrote:I own a 2007 Gray Volvo S60. I am very confused how 5 adults (one of whom was BIG Emmett) would fit comfortably in my car. I guess Jasper & Alice would be snuggled close. But there would definitely be no leg room in the back seat. :lol:
Right! So how would they all fit in the smaller C30?!?!
ImageImage
Persephonie

Post by Persephonie »

Emmet sat out front.
Alice on the back seat in between Rosalie and Jasper.

SM keeps describing Alice as "pixylike", and that's awfully tiny...
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

That would be very uncomfortable for humans but I guess that they don't get uncomfortable just like they could stand for weeks on end, or never move forever.

But does anyone else think of Edward as a BMW kinda guy? http://car-reviews.automobile.com/image ... /alt01.jpg
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

Yeah, I never really saw Edward as a volvo owner. The other cars all made sense. Carlisle has a moderate (and i use the word moderate loosely) car, Rose's BMW totally fits her personality as does Emmett's Jeep. I also did not like the Ferrari as Bella's "after" car. It was so unlike her, I mean hello she fell in love with her rusty truck...which is a far cry from a Ferrari. I think Bella is a domestic kinda girl (domestic means made in the U.S for anyone that doesn't know). The Ferrari just irked me lol.
mananda

Post by mananda »

ShadowNIN wrote:Is anyone else bothered that they didn't pick the correct volvo for the movie? From the previews it looks like they picked the C30 but doesn't it say on SM.com that Edward drives the S60R? Were they too cheap to spring for the more expensive one or did they just think a 17 year old guy wouldn't be driving a 4 door sedan? It has been really bugging me!
Yea I was. It's kinda dorky looking... :lol:

Maybe they struck a deal with Volvo. Volvo is probably trying to market their lesser known car. Product placement!

I still think it's a silly looking car.
ShadowNIN

Post by ShadowNIN »

mananda wrote:
Yea I was. It's kinda dorky looking... :lol:

Maybe they struck a deal with Volvo. Volvo is probably trying to market their lesser known car. Product placement!

I still think it's a silly looking car.
I'm hoping it doesn't bother me throughout the whole movie though! I mean, I know they are going to change somethings, but they really should keep something that is so prominent and talked about in the book a lot the same.
ImageImage