Cullen Cars

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Re: Cullen Cars

Post by Landiana »

ShadowNIN wrote:
mananda wrote:
Yea I was. It's kinda dorky looking... :lol:

Maybe they struck a deal with Volvo. Volvo is probably trying to market their lesser known car. Product placement!

I still think it's a silly looking car.
I'm hoping it doesn't bother me throughout the whole movie though! I mean, I know they are going to change somethings, but they really should keep something that is so prominent and talked about in the book a lot the same.
i totally agree. it bugs me that they can not get something that fundamental right

something crazy happened to me the other day. i was in a car park, just looking at tehcar while i was waiting for my family and i saw a volvo S60R. now, i squealed at that and got a lot of funny looks, but i looked at the car next to it and almost fainted. literally it was the Aston Martin Vanquish! i love that car so much anyway, but seeing both of Edwards cars next to each other was surreal for me. i wanted to wait in the car park for someone to come and collect the car.... not that i was expecting anything out of the ordinary to happen.... no...
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
twilight1
Settled in Forks

Post by twilight1 »

OMG I LOVE the martin vanquish that car iz amazingg :D
Rockin'It
Settled in Forks
Location: Taking "stalkerish" to a new level., a.k.a., Google Earth-ing Jacob Black!

Post by Rockin'It »

Landiana! you lucky gal! I would give just about anything to see an Aston Martin Vanquish! Such a beautiful car...

I had a weird experience the other day... I was taking a walk through the woods behind my house, and I started wandering past the cemetary that runs beside the woods... and as I got closer to the cemetary, I noticed that there wa a car parked on the road beside it... and it was an S60R Volvo! Well, that alone had me freaking out, but as I watched -and I kid you not- the guy that owned the Volvo turned around and walked back over to it from where he'd been standing by someone's grave... and he looked so much like Edward, I nearly passed out! As it were, I squeeled before I could get ahold on myself, and he heard me and looked my way! So, trying to cover my blunder, I smiled and waved and pretended that I'd tripped or something and then he got in his car and sped (and I mean sped) away... It was amazing! :mrgreen:
mananda
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by mananda »

haha those stories are hilarious.

The State Fair of Texas just kicked off and I'll probably go through the car shows looking for Twilight cars. haha.
I'Anne.
Settled in Forks

Post by I'Anne. »

I think the ferrari wasn't too bad, because it was just soo much like Edward to give a car like that to Bella. But I would've liked it if Bella had actually taken to the spide. It would have been hilarious. My favourite Cullen Car is Emmet's jeep. Plus he just totally suits the looks. :P
----x----JACOB----x----ImageImage----x----JACOB----x----
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

Rockin'It that sounds awesome.

i'm still trying to get over my adventure - i want to go back and just stand by the car and wait
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
sammydk
Settled in Forks

Post by sammydk »

CantBreathe wrote:
sammydk wrote:Haha, tell me about it.. I don't know what it's called in English, but if you drive manually there are 3 pedals instead of two, and you have to sort of combine the gas pedal with the.. hmm, it's called 'koblingen' in Danish, but that's the one to the far left that keeps the engine going. You can't just psuh the gas pedal, then the engine will stop. (And that's not fun when you're holding in line, lots of cars behind you. )
It's particualr difficult if the road goes up hill, even the tiniest bit.
I got the hang of it now, my dad taugt me a few tricks.

Another thing; do you get your drivers lisences in highschool, or do you have to pay for it yourself?
We have to, and the avarage price is about 15.000 kr, which is some 2500 dollars... Thats right...
That third pedal is called the "clutch" in English ;) A friend tried to give me a quick lesson in driving "stick" (manually) but nothing really stuck with me, so I stick with automatic but I think it would be really badass to learn stick someday when I have the time. It just seems so much cooler than driving automatic :lol: It's one of the goals I would like to acheive over my lifetime. And woah! $2500?!?!? I thought all the silly fees in the US were ridiculous, but I paid little more than that for my first car... if it had cost that much just to get my license, I would not have been driving for a long time.
It isn't easy, but once you get the hang of it, it shoulnd't be a problem.
The fees in the US is nothing compared to the ones in Denmark..
Example: I make something like 16800 Dkr per month, whihc is something like 3360 dollars. Then I have to pay about 40 percent in taxes (thats right..) and to make it worse, that's the normal amount for an average income here. I do have some things I can substract before that, but it is still a lot. The price for a car is just about 180 percent more than in the US.. And that's before insurence, more taxes, fees, and a funny little thing called 'moms', which is 25 percent....

BUT: once we pay all these things for our food, cars, houses, clothing, etc etc, we have free hospitals, free doctors, and every single person in Denmark has the right to get a certain amount from the goverment each month as a help. It isn't much but enough to help you with basic things. If you get sick during work, everybody gets 'sygedagpenge', from your local city hall or what ever it's called.
So yes, we might live in a very expensive country but we never ever get really poor.
She walks in beauty like the night
Hypnotising the silence with her powers
-Suede, DogManStar, Heroine
AliceC
Learning to Love Green

Post by AliceC »

I want Alice's yellow Porsche.
It's so Alice!
And I love Alice. And it's yellow. I love that whole part in the saga,
about "Speaking of Italy and cars we stole there..." etc.

It was a humorous little plot.

; )

You. Are. Not. Leaving. Me. - Ian O'Shea
cubgirl77
Settled in Forks

Post by cubgirl77 »

My friends know ---and tease me profusly--- that if I ever won the lotto I would be on a plane to Italy then onward to the Autobon. I believe there should not be speed limits but instead speed minimums! I would love the Mercedees or Volvo. I love that they own performance cars to have them perform, why else have one?
"More than my own life"
Dylan
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Dylan »

I could see Edward and his family driving manuals instead of automatics. Manual transmisions have 10 times the acceleration of any automatic transmision... I have one , its my first car, and I absolutely love it. I can get it moving whenever I want it to while automatics are much more mechanical and ease into the next gear slowly... Anyways I got one because if a girl ever wants me to drive a manual I wont be the loser who doesnt know how... :D

I seriously hate driving automatics now, its no fun... There is just the gas pettle and the break and I feel so powerless over what the car does... But I feel so much more into driving when I drive a manual, its fun...

And almost all preformance cats built for speed like the Vanquish and the 911 Turbo use manual transmisions (It makes them faster)

And It is awsome when you can show off to your friends your mad driving skilz as they watch you use the cluch and shift constantly while you arent even thinking about it... It just becomes natural after awhile, like riding a bike...
Got A Draft, I would love to read it!
Searching for the a girl that will laugh at every stupid joke I tell. Who I want to hold until the end of time. The girl who I can call mine and who will call me her's... she is out there... I know...
-Dylan