Favorite Quotes from the Saga

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TeamEdward1918
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Re: Favorite Quotes from the Saga

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

Eclipse Page 302

Jasper: “Alice told me what she’d seen of Carlisle and his family. I could hardly believe that such an existence was possible. But Alice made me optimistic. So we went to find them.”
“Scared the hell out of them, too,” Edward said, rolling his eyes at Jasper before turning to me to explain. “Emmett and I were away hunting. Jasper shows up, covered in battle scars, towing this little freak” - he nudged Alice playfully - “who greets them all by name, knows everything about them, and wants to know which room she can move into.”
Alice and Jasper laughed in harmony, soprano and bass.
“When I got home, all my things were in the garage,” Edward continued.
Alice shrugged. “Your room had the best view.”

Love this exchange, I like seeing the Cullens during lighter moments, ya know? :D
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good
topazeyes2
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by topazeyes2 »

"The wasting of finite resources is everybody's business" -Edward "Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner" -Bella, "You. Got. Food. In. My. Hair." -Rosalie, The part in BD where Jasper and Emmett are taking Edward to his bachelor party and Bella asks where they're going and Emmett says "Don't tell her!", "I am Switzerland"-Bella and "How did Mike Newton end up in this conversation"-Bella or it's something like that. Team Edward Forever!!!
Image[/img]
Bulldozer Trainee at E.D.C. Go Emmett!!!
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

I havent looked at this thread in awhile, but you all are reminding me of such great moments...oh, gee...guess I'll have to go re-read the series again! :lol:
imwiththewolf23
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by imwiththewolf23 »

"hey Rosalie, you know how to kill a blonde? you superglue a mirror to the bottom of a pool." - Jacob
I have nothing against blondes (most of my best friends are blondes) but its just a funny quote.

"life sucks when you die" -Jacob
jake's just hilarious<3
Clara "Al Capone" Romano for Twi-Mafia
The first werewolf in the mafia with a power. don't touch me, It'll hurt.
Lidia's official comedian
TEAM JACOBImage
BellsEdwardalways
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by BellsEdwardalways »

Okay so one of my favorites is really kind of a section from the book (Twilight):

"No nothing fit. Most of it was kind of silly. And then..." I stopped.
"What?"
"I decided it didn't matter," I whispered.
"It didn't matter? His tone made me look up-- I had finally broken through his carefully composed mask.
His face was incredulous, with just a hint of the anger I'd feared.
"No," I said softly. "It doesn't matter to me what you are."
A hard mocking edge entered his voice. "You don't care if I'm a monster? If I am not human?"
"No."
~Bella and Edward
Twilight I don't remember the page number but it's when she's pretty much figured out that Edward is a vampire.

Oh I have another one. Also from Twilight.
"And for all that," he continued, "I'd have fared better if I had exposed us all at that first moment, than if now, here-- with no witnesses and nothing stop me-- I were to hurt you."
I was human enough to have to ask. "Why?"
"Isabella." He pronounced my full name carefully, then playfully ruffled my hair with his free hand. A shock ran through my body at his casual touch.
"Bella, I couldn't live with myself if I ever hurt you. You don't know how it's tortured me." He looked down, ashamed again. " the thought of you, still, white, cold...to never see you blush scarlet again, to never see that flash of intuition in your eyes when you see through my pretenses...it would be unendurable." He lifted his glorious, agonized eyes to mine. "You are the most important thing to me now. The most important thing to me ever."
~Edward and Bella
I don't have the page number I know you would think I do but I had it rewritten in my diary and so that's where I pulled these from instead of getting up and getting Twilight. But after those two I started writing the page numbers in my diary when I quote or copied a passage from the books.

Okay so I know I already made a second post after Jazz but that one's so long I decided to add another quote from Twilight that is a favorite of mine. I promise it's shorter.

Jasper and I looked at each other. He stood across the length of the entryway from me...being careful.
"You're wrong, you know," he said quietly.
"What?" I gasped.
"I can feel what you're feeling now -- and you are worth it."
"I'm not," I mumbled. "If anything happens to them it will be for nothing."
"You're wrong," he repeated, smiling kindly at me.
~Bella and Jasper pg 404 Twilight
Last edited by BellsEdwardalways on Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
http://chelseadawn.webs.com/
Banner by Kimmy. Avatar made by Narnia
Banner by threethings
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

From Eclipse:
"You have more patience than I do." JB
"I should. I've had a hundred years to gain it. A hundred years of waiting for her." EC P 497

From New Moon:
" I could see it in your eyes, that you honestly believed that I didn't want you anymore. The most absurd, ridiculous concept--as if there were any way that I could exist without needing you! " EC p 510

From Breaking Dawn:
"All I really saw was Edward's face; it filled my vision and overwhelmed my mind. His eyes ere a buttery, burning gold; his perfect face was almost severe with the depth of his emotion. And then, as he met my awed gaze, he broke into a breathtaking smile of exulatation." BSC p 48.

Just a few of my favorites.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
BellsEdwardalways
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by BellsEdwardalways »

Okay, so I got another one. Once again more of a section than just a quote. This one's from New Moon Chapter 24. Vote pg. 525-527
"I think," I said slowly, "I am not sure, but I wonder...I think maybe I knew it the whole time."
"What did you know?"
I only wanted to take away the agony in his eyes, but as I spoke the words, they sounded truer than I expected they would.
"Some part of me, my subconscious maybe, never stopped believing that you still cared whether I lived or died. That's probably why I was hearing the voices."
There was a very deep silence for a moment. "Voices?" he asked flatly.
"Well, just one voice. Yours. It's a long story." The wary look on his face made me wish that I hadn't brought that up. Would he think I was crazy, like everyone else? But at least that expression -- the one that made him look like something was burning him-- faded.
"I've got time." His voice was unnatrually even.
"It's pretty pathetic."
He waited.
I wasn't sure how to explain. "Do you remember what Alice said about extreme sports?"
He spoke the words without inflection or emphasis. "You jumped off a cliff for fun."
"Er, right. And before that, with the motorcycle --"
"Motorcycle?" he asked. I knew his voice well enough to hear something brewing behind the calm.
"I guess I didn't tell Alice about that part."
"No."
"Well, about that...See, I found that...when I was doing something dangerous or stupid...I could remember you more clearly," I confessed, feeling completely mental. "I could remember how your voice sounded when you were angry. I could hear it, like you were standing right next to me. Mostly I tried not to think about you, but this didn't hurt so much -- it was like you were protecting me again. Like you didn't want me to be hurt.
"And, well, I wonder if the reason I could hear you so clearly was because, underneath it all, I always knew that you hadn't stopped loving me."
Again, as I spoke, the words brought with them a sense of conviction. Of rightness. Some deep place inside me recognized truth.
His words came out half-strangled. "You...were...risking you life...to hear--"
"Shh," I interrupted him. "Hold on a second. I think I'm having an epiphany here."
I thought of that night in Port Angeles when I'd had my first delusion. I'd come up with two options. Insanity or wish fulfillment. I'd seen no third option.
But what if...
What if you sincerely believed something was true, but you were dead wrong? What if you were so stubbornly sure that you were right, that you wouldn't even consider the truth? Would the truth be silenced or would it try to break through?
Option three: Edward loved me. The bond forged between us was not one that could be broken by absence, distance, or time. And no matter how much more special or beautiful or brilliant or perfect than me he might be, he was as irreversibly altered as I was. As I would always belong to him, so would he always be mine.
Was that what I 'd been trying to tell myself?
"Oh!"
"Bella?"
"Oh. Okay. I see."
"Your epiphany?" he asked, his voice uneven and strained.
"You love me," I marveled. The sense of conviction and rightness washed through me again
Though his eyes were still anxious, the crooked smile I loved best flashed across his face. "Truly, I do."
~Bella and Edward
Last edited by BellsEdwardalways on Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
http://chelseadawn.webs.com/
Banner by Kimmy. Avatar made by Narnia
Banner by threethings
icunevermore
Wandering Through Town

Post by icunevermore »

Edward to Tyler
"No blood, no foul,"
After the crash.
Twilight P. 61

It was so funny I lost my place.
I wanna be a Grizzly Bear just so Emmitt will tackle me.
http://www.myspace.com/icunevermore
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

"Clouds I can handle, but I can't fight an eclipse."
"Well, I'm so sorry I can't be the right kind of monster for you, Bella."
-Jacob Black
Those quotes are so powerful and beautiful. I also like the moonless night one of Edward's.

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

readmymind
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by readmymind »

I have more, of course, that I'll put up later, but I love after they tell the story of how Alice and Jasper joined the Cullens and Edward says, "When I got home, all my stuff was in the garage."

I'd love to see his face. And you know Alice had to have had a vision that he wouldn't be bothered by it.
Midnight Sun: She was dreaming of me. And it wasn't even a nightmare. She wanted me stay with her, there in the dream.--Edward Cullen