General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
AgentCross
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Favorite Quotes from the Saga

Post by AgentCross »

"You're impossible," he said and he laughed once--a hard laugh, frustrated. "How can I put this so that you'll believe me? You're not asleep, and you're not dead. I'm here, and I love you. I have always loved you, and I will always love you. I was thinking of you, seeing your face in my mind, every second that I was away. When I told you that I didn't want you, it was the very blackest kind of blasphemy." - Edward Cullen, Page 510, New Moon

I love that statement, because it made the pain of New Moon worth it. I lived/read vicariously through Edward, he is my favorite character and I so fell in love with Bella... that statement to her as well as the others in The Truth chapter, just really made reading through the Jacob stuff worth it.

“Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars—points of light and reason. …And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything was black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason for anything.” Edward Cullen, Page 514, New Moon

That one is a favorite because it's a perfect description of what it feels like to loose true love.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

While there are many I could choose from, there are but two words in the entire Twilight universe that for some reason have stuck with me:

BE SAFE

To me, these two little words are pregnant with feeling and meaning. I love you gets thrown around so much these days that it's lost all meaning. To me, for someone to want you to stay safe, to stay out of danger, and/or essentially stay alive, well, that's what matters. To have your existence validated as being meaningful to another human being is a beautiful thing!

It's hard to explain.
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

Wow, Diabolical! It's like rereading Breaking Dawn right there! :lol: I do love all the quotes you chose, though!
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
nickcrab
Settled in Forks

Post by nickcrab »

Emmett: "At least someone is scoring around here."

But not for the reason you might think. The way she described his eyebrows raising and lowering like a Vaudeville villian put this hilarious picture of him in my head that made him one of my favorite characters. I see him bringing a touch of humor to a fairly serious household.
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

AgentCross wrote:
“Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars—points of light and reason. …And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything was black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason for anything.” Edward Cullen, Page 514, New Moon

That one is a favorite because it's a perfect description of what it feels like to loose true love.
DEFINITELY by FAR my favorite quote. To be honest i was really bitter towards Edward when he left Bella high and dry in New Moon, but once reading that i fell in love with the guy all over again. It was just so descriptive and beautiful- and once he said that there was no doubt in my mind that he suffered just as much as Bella did, and he really did love her.
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
hawkeye12
Settled in Forks

Post by hawkeye12 »

I would have to say my favorite quote is in Twilight, the first night that Edward stayed.
I don't know the exact quote (I don't have my book by me or else I would look it up) but it goes something like this:
Edward: "You said you loved me."
Bella: "You already knew that."
Edward: "Still, it is nice to hear"
Bella: "I love you."
Edward "You are my life now."

That has to be one of the most perfect written conversations between two people in the history of written language!!
22.FireandIce
Wandering Through Town

Post by 22.FireandIce »

It was heaven right smack in the middle of hell- New Moon 491

I think it totally describes all the books, the whole story.

but I like the one hawkeye just said one of my faves
Seth.Jacob.Edward.Bella.Alice.Jasper.Emmett. Rosalie.Carlisle.Esme.Garrett. Zafrina.Emily.
Renesmee.Quil.Charlie.TheRomanians.Claire. Ben.Maggie.Tanya.Kate.Embry.Eleazar.Leah.Billy.

<3 Stole My Heart
Conzoni al vento

Post by Conzoni al vento »

The quote that is in my signature.

"Would it be childish of me to hide in your closet?" NM

"And the moment our lips parted, he whispered my name" T
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

oleander wrote:While there are many I could choose from, there are but two words in the entire Twilight universe that for some reason have stuck with me:

BE SAFE

To me, these two little words are pregnant with feeling and meaning. I love you gets thrown around so much these days that it's lost all meaning. To me, for someone to want you to stay safe, to stay out of danger, and/or essentially stay alive, well, that's what matters. To have your existence validated as being meaningful to another human being is a beautiful thing!

It's hard to explain.
I know. I loved that one little phrase. I thought it was just perfect.
And from it stemmed my username on anyplace I am registered that is Twilight-related.
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
spagirlval
Settled in Forks

Post by spagirlval »

Most of the ones listed already are my favorites. I am in the process of reading Twilight for only the 3rd time :roll: and at the end of chap. 19 this caught me....
Jasper & Bella
"You're wrong, you know," he said quietly. J
"What?" I gasped. B
"I can feel what you're feeling now- and you are worth it." J
"I'm not," I mumbled. "If anything happens to them, it will be for nothing." B
"You're wrong," he repeated, smiling kindly at me. J