General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
heartscreams
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Jasper's Response to Bella's Change

Post by heartscreams »

surprised isn't the word. confused would be more likely. i understand about him handling newborns back then, but he already knew that Bella knew so much about newborns, so shouldn't he have higher expectations of Bella? Edward even mentioned once to Bella (i think in Twilight), that when they hunt, they put mind over matters. so i think that should apply on being newborn as well. with that, plus knowledge of being newborn and whatnot, it's no wonder Bella was able to manage. but then again, i wouldn't blame Jasper for reacting the way he did (:
starmie_alice_holter
Wandering Through Town
Location: Hoping Cookie Monster does not find Edward's jacket in the closet...

Post by starmie_alice_holter »

Well, I knew that it would be hard for Jasper, the way that she was controlable. I mean look at it: out of everyone in the family, he was the only one who, up to Twilight, was still having trouble adjusting and abstaining. I felt sorry for him. Everything just seemed to remind him of what kind of jacked-up past he had, which, as a result, could make him feel like more of a monster than the others.
"I won't take back my word. That's my way of the ninja."- Uzumaki Naruto.

It just kills me that we here in the little Caribbean are not able to get our grubby little paws on any of that cool Twilight stuff....Hark! Shall I survive?...
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

I kinda thought that it was weird. He seemed almost mad that Bella liked being a vampire and was good at it too. Idk. But i think that now, or in the future, Jasper will adjust really quickly with Bella's help.

I almost thought that it was unlike Jasper to act that way... maybe he was jealous :P
Alice-Is-Awesome
Wandering Through Town

Post by Alice-Is-Awesome »

I felt bad for Jasper when Bella had such good self-control because he felt so weak. :(
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/url][/img]
heartscreams

Post by heartscreams »

AliceLauren wrote:I kinda thought that it was weird. He seemed almost mad that Bella liked being a vampire and was good at it too. Idk. But i think that now, or in the future, Jasper will adjust really quickly with Bella's help.

I almost thought that it was unlike Jasper to act that way... maybe he was jealous :P
hahha, yea, maybe he was. because before Bella joined the Cullens, Jasper was the last and 'newest' member, so everyone kinda gave him the chance to improve being a 'vegetarian'. but now that Bella is one of the Cullens, and she managed to control herself, it just didn't bring Jasper anywhere, but the 'last-and-newest' member stance. haha! it's just a thought.
Nightvision

Post by Nightvision »

I really wasnt that suprised by Jasper. It has got to be so hard for him to watch Bella be almost perfect, and makes him remember all those newborns he had run into through his life. You cant blame him for wanting to be careful around her.
trhmllr
Learning to Love Green

Post by trhmllr »

I like Jasper a lot!! It is understandable how he feels. He is still having a difficult time with it and he has had years to practice. But he had more years giving in to those instincts. He is embarassed by his "Weakness". I don't hink he is weak... he just lived longer feeding on humans. It takes time! He also was around so many newborns, seeing how they are, it makes since he would fear the safety of his family.
Then he is always around her. Bella (as well as the reader) think he is "watching her", but it is because she is happy. Then he can feel those emotions she is having. I am glad Bella had it easier than normal newborns. That would have been a completly different book if she was like other newborns!!!
So don't feel bad Jasper.... we understand!!!!
ImageImage
Megsimadic
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Megsimadic »

I wasnt shocked at all. I mean, if you consider his past, and then add his power. I mean it must be really difficult. He feels what the others feel, so he not only feels his bloodlust but everyone elses too, all their needs added. Then when Bella changes and she is constantly changing her emotion to fight the bloodlust and keeps pushing it behind her Jasper is confused at how easy she is just pushing it away like it doesnt matter. His history doesnt allow him to think that possible at all. So then he feels guilty about what he's done as now he realises that if he had his mind set he probably could have controlled it just like Bella. He's rewriting his past and he hates it.
But I like how he becomes closer after dealing with it as he is drawn to Bella through her comfort in living as a vampire.
My Youtube - My Livejournal
Private Meg Shinigami of Jasper's Confederate Army

Team Jasper:He is my happy hormone
Team Alice: Because Im short and annoying too!
KeepMeWithYou
Wandering Through Town
Location: In the City of Nothing with my Dhampir, Xavier, and his human Ally

Post by KeepMeWithYou »

Poor Jasper... He's always thought himself the weakest link but then Bella comes along and POOF! she's pretty controlled unlike the newborns that Jazz has dealed with...it's a different, perhaps difficult, concept for him to accept. But I think Bella could also help and work with him to improve his own control with the bloodlust.
inlovewithmyJasper54
Learning to Love Green
Location: Florida - waiting for a Vampire to shine in the sunlight

Post by inlovewithmyJasper54 »

well, Jasper's responce was expected but I wish he wasn't so up tight. :(
but, all I have to say is, Jasper can hold me back any day..... lol jk :D
ImageImage
both made by... me! =) <3