General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
marinel
Settled in Forks

Re: Jasper's Response to Bella's Change

Post by marinel »

I think Jasper responding like that to Bella being a newborn was expected. I don't think anybody could be more knowledgeable about the ways of a newborn than he is. He has seen first hand how they are, I would not blame him if he seems to be on guard. He has no reason to think that Bella would react in any other manner.
harmony_624
Wandering Through Town

Post by harmony_624 »

Megsimadic wrote:I wasnt shocked at all. I mean, if you consider his past, and then add his power. I mean it must be really difficult. He feels what the others feel, so he not only feels his bloodlust but everyone elses too, all their needs added. Then when Bella changes and she is constantly changing her emotion to fight the bloodlust and keeps pushing it behind her Jasper is confused at how easy she is just pushing it away like it doesnt matter. His history doesnt allow him to think that possible at all. So then he feels guilty about what he's done as now he realises that if he had his mind set he probably could have controlled it just like Bella. He's rewriting his past and he hates it.
But I like how he becomes closer after dealing with it as he is drawn to Bella through her comfort in living as a vampire.
Couldn't have said it better myself!!
One word says it all: Twilight

Team Edward - because who really needs a headboard?! ♥

Me without Twilight is like Bella without Edward, and we all know how that played out!

Image<-- Egg(s) are clickable (please click!!)
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

I think he was confused. He's never seen this before and it leaves him to think twice about what he knows.
I wasn't surprised at all because he's probably seen the most "awakenings" of newborns, so this would come as a complete shock to him, while the others are pretty much just happy she's alive.
He had every right to be startled.
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
VampGirl
Wandering Through Town

Post by VampGirl »

Poor Jasper. I think he was hoping Bella as a newborn would validate his own struggles, but of course it didn't turn out that way.

But they both were born into the Vampire world in completely different ways. He didn't have much of a chance really. But Bella not only had a lot of preparation, but she brought with her a very powerful mind and self control. So I don't really blame Jasper because he was a product of his environment. More time with the Cullens including Bella can only help him overcome his struggles.
ImageImageImageImageImageE<3B
TheCullenBoysAreMine
Settled in Forks

Post by TheCullenBoysAreMine »

i love Jasper and it was actually kinda sweet how he was anxious about how Bella was reacting to things...but his and Bella's relationship as brother and sister completely changed because now instead of shying away from her he wants to b around her.
"Why won't you leave me alone?"
Believe me, I wanted to say.I've tried.
Oh and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you.
keep it light.

Bella and Edward,Midnight Sun.
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

I thought it was really funny while at the same time I had to feel sorry for him! He was so looking forward to not being the weakest one of the family, only to find out Bella has complete control over herself. The way he constantly watched just waiting for her to slip up was the funny part! Though, I'll admit, he scared me sometimes with how determined he was to get her to mess up.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jane V »

hmm, i have to say it honestly made me a little bit mad at Bella. everything in BD was just a little too perfect for her, i think you all know what i'm talking about. but i'm not even going to go into that now.

anyway, i felt bad for Jasper. he's looking forward to seeing someone who has less control than him, to see someone struggle like he does so he can feel a little better about himself, and then...wait, nope! of course Bella, since she has to have her perfect little ending with no troubles whatsoever, of course SHE won't have thirst! :evil:

i almost cried when Jasper said "i can't understand, i can't bear this," and walked out the back door. i wanted to slap Bella. sorry, but it's how i feel.
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by -veiled- »

I think the book says something alone the lines of Jasper being jealous of Bella when she changes and I agree. I think he was jealous of how well she was able to control her thirst and mind during the transformation.

Stephenie Meyer explains how he handled it and I just think he wished he could have controlled himself better, but I love how Jasper finally begins to welcome Bella into the family.
CullenxLove
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: frolicing through the unicorn forest that is RPattz's hair

Post by CullenxLove »

VampGirl wrote:Poor Jasper. I think he was hoping Bella as a newborn would validate his own struggles, but of course it didn't turn out that way.

But they both were born into the Vampire world in completely different ways. He didn't have much of a chance really. But Bella not only had a lot of preparation, but she brought with her a very powerful mind and self control. So I don't really blame Jasper because he was a product of his environment. More time with the Cullens including Bella can only help him overcome his struggles.
completely agree with you. i like how later on though, jasper starts to like revolve around bella just because of the happy felings that she radiates..i thought that was kind of cute, but it also makes me feel a little bad for jaspr because he never really had those feelings.. :/

Team Edward, Emmett, Alice, Jacob, Garrett, Jasper, Seth, Bella, Charlie, and Renesmee<3
"And by the way I adore you..in frightening, dangerous ways" - Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun
jonsgirljen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by jonsgirljen »

I felt bad for Jasper after Bella transformed and he still remained the one having a hard time with the adjustment period. I can't say that I didn't expect it, but I still felt bad for him. He had all this experience with newborns that he felt was true for everyone, and then comes Bella and throws the rulebook out the window. I was happy that she was able to overcome the newborn stage, but I still felt so bad for Jasper. It is different though because Jasper became a vampire in such a violent and turbulent time, while Bella had a lot of time to prepare for her transformation. She chose that life. Jasper chose it too, but only after many years of drinking human blood. It's so hard for him.