General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Ifeellikerain
Learning to Love Green

Re: The Twilight Saga Book Covers

Post by Ifeellikerain »

goldeneyedgirl14 wrote: for ms, i would do a black background with a red circle(sun.) and white points of light(stars.) :)
yeah that sounds good. definitely a white cover! did SM say she wanted it to have a white cover? i seem to recall reading that somewhere but maybe im making it up...
Babygirl67
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Babygirl67 »

love them and very creative :)
TwilightxSagaxLover
Wandering Through Town

Post by TwilightxSagaxLover »

Twilight- Okay SM gave a few reasons for the reason behind the Apple. Actually the friends i have of mine who have only seen the movie and not read the book think that the Apple is from Edward in the movie when he catches Bella's apple in the cafeteria. But i favor over the reason that it is like Snow White. We find out at the end of the book that Bella wants to be transformed from Mortal to Immortal. So i think that since Edward thinks that Vampire life is the kiss of death, then it would bring up the whole Snow White story. (She eats the apple and dies.)
But I think that i like the idea of the forbidden fruit better. I myself and a christian so i am familiar with the forbidden fruit thing. I think it means that Bella is the forbidden fruit. Edward knows that it is forbidden for her to know about Vampires and stay mortal, so she herself is forbidden. I think that Edward is forbidden as well because he makes himself that way. He won't let himself be close to anyone, although he has good reasons, so he makes himself forbidden.

New Moon- I think that the bloody flower stands for a lost love and a new found love. It could have been a bloody heat i believe if Bella hadn't found someone who she eventually found that she was in love with while Edward was gone. So i think it means that she has a love (the flower) but it was taken away from her (the blood) but the flower also means that she found a new one and there was hope for her life to go back to being not happy but not miserable. Also since Edward comes back the flower means that her love was taken from her but it was returned stronger than ever.

Eclipse- I think that the title is easier to explain than the cover art but i think it can still be explained. I think it means that Bella had a strand of her life and it is cut because she is beginning to break free of her old life. She is getting married and taking on Immortality which means she is putting her old life aside to become the person she wants to forever be.

Breaking Dawn- Breaking Dawn to me shows exactly what SM has on her website. Bella started out almost as a no one because she didn't relate to much of anyone. She wasn't very strong or athletic and never the top of her class. She was the Pawn. When she met Edward she began the transformation into the person she wanted to be. She found people she could relate to and a person who could care for who she was. Then when she became and mother and a Vampire she was the strongest and the most beautiful which is something she had never been. She made her way through her journey and now is the person she forever choses to be. She is the Queen.
They were not calling to me; they were letting me go, leaving me to the black universe I had wandered for so many lifetimes. It wasn't black at all, it was blue. Warm, vibrant, brilliant blue... i floated into it with no fear at all.
Team Edward
Babygirl67

Post by Babygirl67 »

makes since with the story.
I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA »

Twilight-
SM said that it was meant to me that it was the forbidden fruit.Meaning that Edward was Bella's forbidden fruit and vice versa.
Also, in the movie they put in a bit where Bella dropped the apple and Edward caught it after it bouncing off his shoe.
I.WANT.TO.BE.ALICE is my Twi-Twin!
Rain.........Depressing. :D
Avatar and Signature made by me.
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

But which is it:

Bella's hands holding on to the forbidden fruit?
Edward's hands holding on to the forbidden fruit?
Bella's hands offering the forbidden fruit?
Edward's hands offering the forbidden fruit?
Or
None of the above...

:shock:
:lol:
Last edited by roseaurora on Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
topazeyes2

Post by topazeyes2 »

roseaurora wrote:But which is it:

Bella's hands holding the forbidden fruit?
Edward's hands holding the forbidden fruit?
Or
None of the above...

:shock:
:lol:
I think it's Bella's hands holding the fruit because I know this amazes you thatI remember this but in the cafeteria before Bella knows you know the time that Edward eats the pizza she picks up the apple and no I do not have my book but you cancheck if you think I am wrong
Image[/img]
Bulldozer Trainee at E.D.C. Go Emmett!!!
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

Dang.. you got me right before I edited it to be more clear about the meanings.

Bella's hands holding on to the forbidden fruit?
Edward's hands holding on to the forbidden fruit?
Or
None of the above...

You are right... Bella does eat an apple in a cafeteria scene, but I'll play devil's advocate and say that doesn't necessarily have to do with the book cover... tho it definitely could...
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

I think it's not even Bella or Edward holding the apple. Just a generic pair of arms.

The theme of Twilight (in my opinion) is temptation. Bella is tempted with Edward and an endless life with him. Edward is tempted with Bella, and finding his true love after all this time.

And when we think of temptation, what's the original? The snake in the Garden, telling Eve to eat of the forbidden fruit.
I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA »

It would be a generic pair off arms because
Remember that the Twilight book cover was decide before a movie was even thought about little alone an actor for Bella.
I.WANT.TO.BE.ALICE is my Twi-Twin!
Rain.........Depressing. :D
Avatar and Signature made by me.