The Twilight Saga Book Covers

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Cocoa

The Twilight Saga Book Covers

Post by Cocoa »

Discuss the meanings behind the 4 book covers.
eizel
Learning to Love Green

Re: The Twilight Saga Book Covers

Post by eizel »

twilight- SM said it simply means CHOICE....
new moon- no one really knew but here what i think it is...
I think that it represent Bella's heart... the one small petal falling represents her broken heart when Edward left, something is torn from her life, something is missing. The flower still look pretty and looked like nothing changed but we all knew that somehow something changed because we knew that one petal is missing even when Edward came back for her. err sorry for my English, im really not good at explaining things.
Eclipse- Bella breaking free from her old life but but there is no clean break from it.
breaking dawn- Bella Vs. Bella
ImageImage
Credit to http://kawaii-inc.org/ for my sad cute avatar.
im just sad Stephenie Meyer put Midnight sun on hold indefinitely
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

eizel wrote: new moon- no one really knew but here what i think it is...
I think that it represent Bella's heart... the one small petal falling represents her broken heart when Edward left, something is torn from her life, something is missing. The flower still look pretty and looked like nothing changed but we all knew that somehow something changed because we knew that one petal is missing even when Edward came back for her. err sorry for my English, im really not good at explaining things.
that's a really good one for NM! Though SM did say it had nothing to do with the story- it was just a pretty picture. But i'm going to have to go with your interpretation- lol it sounds much more deep and i don't like the idea of a cover "just cause it was pretty" haha.

As for eclipse i think it also had to do with Jacob...not exactly sure what though
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

Twilight--Apple=forbidden fruit.

Eclipse--I think I heard somewhere that the tear in the ribbon was Bella's separation(sp?) from her old life, and the two strands holding her to her human life were Jacob and Charlie.

Breaking Dawn--Okay, so originally I had written this big long explanation on what I thought it was, but this was before I read it and it got deleted with everything else. BUT now I think the change from red to white was Bella changing from human to vampire, but the red pawn is Renesmee.
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
museicalking
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by museicalking »

Twilight- said again is meant to show temptation or choice- will you eat it for satisfaction or resist for all the right reasons.
New Moon- well... who knows for sure? i know its a ruffled tulip and my honest opinion is that the flower shows growth and survival. In growth, she tries to live out of edward with jacob and survival cause she still seems whole even though peices seem to slip through.
Eclipse- The ribbon is suppost to show bella's slow seperation of her human life and struggling to ease into her immortal one.
Breaking Dawn- The chess peices are bella! the red pawn is suppost to show how she was weak and needed protecting, but through the books she grows to be the one protecting everyone else!!
Team Emmett- EDC, Inc. Emmett Demolition Crew.
Team Rosalie- Every Rose has its Thorns
Team Alice- Seeing the Future Since 1901
<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3
nads
Settled in Forks

Post by nads »

i think BD cover is about Bella and Renesmee. the queen is bella who already transformed into vampire, bella often described vampires skin was white..i'm not good with chess, but i know that queen play the big role in chess. (correct me if i'm wrong) . and the pawn is renesmee. she is in the middle, not black or white - not human or vampire, so the pawn is red - the other color mostly used in vampire story.
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

SM said that the cover of BD was that Bella used to be the weakest player (pawn) but now she is an awesome vampire and she is super strong so she is the queen. :D

gets it? lol.
KaseyHeartEdward
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by KaseyHeartEdward »

I love the covers! yes i am one of those people that sorta judges the book by it's cover. But it is mainly which cover is going to catch my eye. Smiles

And i love how all the cover pictures have meanings

well except New Moon.

But i always thought of it as the petal falling represented just one drop of blood. And how somthing so small can cause so much. Can change so much.

I also liked eizel's idea.
Love Always ~KaseyHeartEdward

Original Twilighter
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

I'm glad I have all the origionl covers. They are already printing Twilight with the movie cover. The covers are special :)
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
YourFavoriteAries
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by YourFavoriteAries »

Ok, I know that SM said both chess pieces on the BD cover are Bella but I have a completely different interpretation...

The white piece is Bella. It's strong, white, the strongest piece on the board. The game is not ABOUT the queen but in most cases the Queen ends up being a main part of the game if not THE part.

The pawn I see as Nessie. She is warmblooded for one but she is also being used by the Volturi to get to the other pieces. She's, in a way, weak because she can't protect herself or change whats going on. She must rely on other to help and solve the problem.

I'm not sure I worded that the best but yeah...
Private Chloe Meadows of Jaspers Confederate Army- Stainless Carlet