Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Re: The Twilight Saga Book Covers

Post by ringswraith »

IloveAliceCullen<3 wrote:
ringswraith wrote:Thing is, a "half-invisible" moon is a half-moon, not a new moon. :)
Yeah, true, but half of the book is Bella unhappy and half of the book she is happy.
So half visible and half invisible?
It's still a half moon. Picture what you're saying.

This would lead to confusion, since the title is New Moon.

The period Bella spends as happy in this book isn't even close to half, so (in my opinion) that doesn't work either.

Stephenie Meyer has mentioned that in this book, Bella goes through the darkest time of her life. There shouldn't be a source of illumination on the cover as a result. Again, my opinion.
IloveAliceCullen<3
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by IloveAliceCullen<3 »

ringswraith wrote:
IloveAliceCullen<3 wrote:
ringswraith wrote:Thing is, a "half-invisible" moon is a half-moon, not a new moon. :)
Yeah, true, but half of the book is Bella unhappy and half of the book she is happy.
So half visible and half invisible?
It's still a half moon. Picture what you're saying.

This would lead to confusion, since the title is New Moon.

The period Bella spends as happy in this book isn't even close to half, so (in my opinion) that doesn't work either.

Stephenie Meyer has mentioned that in this book, Bella goes through the darkest time of her life. There shouldn't be a source of illumination on the cover as a result. Again, my opinion.
Yeah, you are right. But isn't this cover confusing too?
Well, then no half visible/half invisible moon, but I like the moon with a red light border.

I have to agree when you think of it, you are right. But I still don't know what this cover have to tell me when I look at it.

-And sorry if my english isn't well, I am used to talk Dutch-
Damon and Elena, there is definetly love between them.

"There hadn't been butterflies in her stomach, there had been bats."

Damon's POV~ I will be I swear Surrender

rapid_reader1 is the best VFF ever!
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Your English is fine. :) It's not my primary language, either. I've just spent most of my life learning it. :)

A dark moon with a red border might work- just need to make sure it doesn't end up looking like an eclipse. ;)

As far as the real cover, Stephenie Meyer said she didn't get any control over it, and I'm still not sure why they went with the bloody tulip.
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

For Me:

Twilight~ Bella is being handed something forbidden - that she knows she shouldn't accept.. Accept that she loves Edward, who in most normal cases, wouldn't be right for her.
New Moon~A piece of Bella has fallen from her, and without that piece, she doesn't seem/look normal. A flower with a missing petal doesn't look right.. And she needs that piece to be HER again..
Eclipse~Bella is being torn between two people, two mystical beings and two versions of her. She is torn between her love and her friend. She is being torn between a Vampire and werewolf. She is being torn between being a mortal, and an immortal. BUT, the ribbon is still holding together by a few thin pieces of thread, which means that she truely does love Edward, and right now, thats the only thing keeping her together.
Breaking Dawn~The red piece is showing how her life used to be as a human, small and unsuccessful. Now, as the 'queen', she got everything she wanted and it shows that shes powerful, and has overcome every difficult obstacle. If it wasn't for her shield, she wouldn't be where she is now, and she wouldn't of saved everyone against the Volturi at the end.

:o
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
TwilightxSagaxLover
Wandering Through Town

Post by TwilightxSagaxLover »

roseaurora wrote:Dang.. you got me right before I edited it to be more clear about the meanings.

Bella's hands holding on to the forbidden fruit?
Edward's hands holding on to the forbidden fruit?
Bella's hands offering the forbidden fruit?
Edward's hands offering the forbidden fruit?
Or
None of the above...

You are right... Bella does eat an apple in a cafeteria scene, but I'll play devil's advocate and say that doesn't necessarily have to do with the book cover... tho it definitely could...
Technically it couldn't have anything at all to do with it because of the fact that the book and cover were written and chosen before thoughts of the movie every existed.
They were not calling to me; they were letting me go, leaving me to the black universe I had wandered for so many lifetimes. It wasn't black at all, it was blue. Warm, vibrant, brilliant blue... i floated into it with no fear at all.
Team Edward
dopeydm
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dopeydm »

I think the movie was trying to duplicate the cover when Edward caught the apple. If you read the book about the making of that scene. They attached a string to the apple so that Edward could catch it that way. To me, that was just a cheesy scene, but at least they are trying to pull the books into it.
"But you see, just because we've been...dealt a certain hand...it doesn't mean that we can't choose to rise above -- to conquer the boundaries of a destiny that none of us wanted."
VampireAlternative
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by VampireAlternative »

dopeydm wrote:I think the movie was trying to duplicate the cover when Edward caught the apple. If you read the book about the making of that scene. They attached a string to the apple so that Edward could catch it that way. To me, that was just a cheesy scene, but at least they are trying to pull the books into it.
I didn't read the book about the making, but I think that was really unnecessary. I mean, it's great that they are trying to put some things from the books, but that was more than a wink to the readers. I think that was too much.
"I then drink about five of these and I can deal with the world. Or the world can deal with a guy full of five cups of "coffee on demand"." - Gerard Way
kween_kanshie
Settled in Forks

Post by kween_kanshie »

Hi everyone !
Is the 'k' in the title Breaking Dawn supposed to enhance the word 'king'. Is the word 'king' the Volturi (they are referred to as a royal family of the vampire world). And is the volturi attacking vampire bella??

Or am I making this up?
BlueWolf
Settled in Forks

Post by BlueWolf »

kween_kanshie wrote:Hi everyone !
Is the 'k' in the title Breaking Dawn supposed to enhance the word 'king'. Is the word 'king' the Volturi (they are referred to as a royal family of the vampire world). And is the volturi attacking vampire bella??

Or am I making this up?
I think the 'k' in Breaking Dawn is there because it would look silly if it were titled "Breaing Dawn." It's to continue the theme of times of day, celestial bodies, etc.

I could analyze the covers all day but the one thing that struck me is the photography for the cover of New Moon (that is the one with the flower, right? I don't have my books in front of me and my mind has been going at 80 miles an hour.) It's stunning. I can really see they got someone talented to compliment the works of a talented writer.
Leader of the "I Question My Own Fandoms" Club. It's part of a balanced fangirling ;D
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

I love the covers, they're simple but effective and distinctive. Plus they're recognisable, so it's easy to see if someone's reading one of the books at school as you walk down the corridor.

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D