General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ShortStuff_<3
Wandering Through Town

Re: The Honeymoon

Post by ShortStuff_<3 »

I'm grateful to SM for not including any gory details of their love-making sessions coz i seriously think that would have tainted the book for all the younger readers. I'm 12 nearly 13 and me and my twihard friends agree that we seriously don't need to read any of that. And besides, think about the movie, i mean, if they did really do it in detail it would be rated M/MA right? so how bout all the young twihards out there??

That said, if it were rated MA i'd do everything in my power to sneak in....[LOL]
Dear Jacob, I WIN. Sincerely, Edward.
[i'm.betting.on.ALICE] :D
>>> ADRENALINEE RUSSSHHH <<<
macfaerie
Settled in Forks

Post by macfaerie »

ShortStuff_<3 wrote:I'm grateful to SM for not including any gory details of their love-making sessions coz i seriously think that would have tainted the book for all the younger readers. I'm 12 nearly 13 and me and my twihard friends agree that we seriously don't need to read any of that. And besides, think about the movie, i mean, if they did really do it in detail it would be rated M/MA right? so how bout all the young twihards out there??

That said, if it were rated MA i'd do everything in my power to sneak in....[LOL]

I agree completely, I was really talking mainly to the older women, like myself. I have an 11 yr old and I wont let her see the movie or read the books even now. I think that yes at your age, which is around the age of most of SM's readers how she has written the books is very appropriate. That is also why I included the quote from her site. SM goes on to say that after Twilight was put into print she was made very aware that her target audience was of the young adult age group and therefore morally she needed to write the rest of the books with that in mind. However she had already started Forever Dawn before Twilight took off. That is why she finished it and gave it to her sister, and I am sure she is of a more mature age.

So yes, I agree with you. The books as they are written have just the right amount of romance for the target readers. But don’t be mad with the older group of us who have fallen for this love story too and would like to see more of the romance.
An Eternal Kiss, Given By a Dark Angel
MAL - 1995

Macfaerie
seniortwilighter
Settled in Forks

Post by seniortwilighter »

Not sure if I can explain this right but here goes!

As an adult I could have taken a bit more detail :) BUT as mum to a 14 year old twilight fan I'm glad there wasn't any :D Ithink we (my daughter and I) would have got embarrassed but now I have someone to discuss my obsession with :-)
macfaerie
Settled in Forks

Post by macfaerie »

I chose to get my friend interested, i think my daughter is to young (at 11 yrs. old). I know what you mean though. lol.
An Eternal Kiss, Given By a Dark Angel
MAL - 1995

Macfaerie
SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SarahGoddard »

grr! Wrote a really good post and got deleted when the internet disconnected. :evil:

When I first read it I was like "Thats it?!?" I'd been waiting for it for so long and then - no detail. Then I realised I didnt need the detail. Someone mentioned it early on in this thread - we arnt meant to see that most intimate part of their realationship. And like all good horror films (bare with me! :) ) your imagination will always present a much more vivid picture. Therefore you can have as many (or as few) details as you want. Not that it matters because we will never really know, and that makes it all the more magical! :)

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
seniortwilighter
Settled in Forks

[I chose to get my friend interested, i think my daughter is to young (at 11 yrs. old). I know what you mean though. lol.[

My daughter introduced me to the series so I didn't get any choice! :D
seniortwilighter
Settled in Forks

SarahGoddard wrote:grr! Wrote a really good post and got deleted when the internet disconnected. :evil:

When I first read it I was like "Thats it?!?" I'd been waiting for it for so long and then - no detail. Then I realised I didnt need the detail. Someone mentioned it early on in this thread - we arnt meant to see that most intimate part of their realationship. And like all good horror films (bare with me! :) ) your imagination will always present a much more vivid picture. Therefore you can have as many (or as few) details as you want. Not that it matters because we will never really know, and that makes it all the more magical! :)

I just used my imagination (swoon :oops: )
allisonlovesedward
Settled in Forks

Post by allisonlovesedward »

Alice's Grandma wrote: I loved the honeymoon portion of the book. A warm, private island where they could just spend time with each other and not have to worry about hiding any secrets. What a great relief for them.

Edward's reaction after the first night they made love - the bruises. It was so painful. Could you imagine, he sat there watching them slowly appear all through the night as she lay asleep. What a mixture of conflicting emotions he must have felt.
The whole island part was so perfect. And that's exacly what i was thinking. He was up all night watching the bruises come up. That must have been horrible :[

As far as how into detail it goes, the ONLY reason I was glad that the book didn't go so far into detail was because of the YA. I just hope they don't cut ALL of it out of the movie (if they make one.)
Mara Jade Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Mara Jade Cullen »

allisonlovesedward wrote:The whole island part was so perfect. And that's exacly what i was thinking. He was up all night watching the bruises come up. That must have been horrible :[
Yes. Poor Edward. :cry: And not. :roll: He can be a bit exasperating at times--this being one of them when he refuses to aknowledge that he didn't really hurt her. He'd rather think himself a monster and beat himself up. I mean come on, Edward! You've loved this girl with an insane intensity, you're infinitely stronger than her, and you have like 100 years of pent up...energy. And all she has to show for it is feathers in her hair and a few bruises? :roll: UGH! :twisted: grrr...Just enjoy the post-bliss with your loving wife when she wakes up all happy.
As far as how into detail it goes, the ONLY reason I was glad that the book didn't go so far into detail was because of the YA. I just hope they don't cut ALL of it out of the movie (if they make one.)
hmmm... :twisted:

I think that I might be a bit relucant to have my pre-teen/early teen daughter read the books until she would be older. I love the morailty that is in the books and that the physical action stays shoulders and up. But even so, the descriptions are quite sensual and tantilizing--especially in Twilight. More so even than some of the more explicit stuff that I have read in other series.
Team Edward
jettabugfox
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by jettabugfox »

Mara Jade Cullen wrote:
allisonlovesedward wrote:The whole island part was so perfect. And that's exacly what i was thinking. He was up all night watching the bruises come up. That must have been horrible :[
Yes. Poor Edward. :cry: And not. :roll: He can be a bit exasperating at times--this being one of them when he refuses to aknowledge that he didn't really hurt her. He'd rather think himself a monster and beat himself up. I mean come on, Edward! You've loved this girl with an insane intensity, you're infinitely stronger than her, and you have like 100 years of pent up...energy. And all she has to show for it is feathers in her hair and a few bruises? :roll: UGH! :twisted: grrr...Just enjoy the post-bliss with your loving wife when she wakes up all happy.
I was thinking about this today, and I think part of his reluctance to recognize Bella's euphoria as real is Bella's undeniable perverse need to try and make everyone else happy most of the time, even if it makes her miserable. She tries so often to be selfless (except where Jake is concerned :x ) - think about the 4 pages of New Moon where she is trying to fake it for Charlie's sake instead of trying to make herself well and her guilt over asking him to stay with her in Eclipse - and I bet that his automatic reaction to this is that she can't possibly be telling the truth. Not to mention, as someone else mentioned, he has had all night to watch the bruises form on her body, but... OKAY! We get it! You are mad at yourself! Now quit killing Bella's buzz! :lol:
Don't compromise yourself. You are all that you've got. - Janis Joplin