General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: The Honeymoon

Post by debussygirl »

SM did it perfectly. Period. There is no point into going into details like that. To me, that's just an area not to be watched or read because it's just...not something to be taken lightly like that, just to be read at a whim. I'm not very good at expressing my feelings a lot of the time because there don't seem to be any adequete words that are either powerful enough or not cheesy. But it's just that stuff shouldn't be out for people to see and read it's just wrong to me, that something that's supposed to be so (this is where lack of wordage comes in)...sacred in a way...be put out there for everyone to gawk at. It's not cool. And just because other people write that doesn't mean SM should. She handled that part beautifully I thought. We knew they had their night, and that was good enough for me.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Emmett+Me=Magic!!!
Settled in Forks

Post by Emmett+Me=Magic!!! »

I think SM did a great job with the whole honeymoon part! She gave enough detail but not so much that it was embarrassing to talk about with your friends! The feathers thing was kind of funny, it's kind of an inside joke with me and my friends!
sophieet
Wandering Through Town

Post by sophieet »

debussygirl wrote:SM did it perfectly. Period. There is no point into going into details like that. To me, that's just an area not to be watched or read because it's just...not something to be taken lightly like that, just to be read at a whim. I'm not very good at expressing my feelings a lot of the time because there don't seem to be any adequete words that are either powerful enough or not cheesy. But it's just that stuff shouldn't be out for people to see and read it's just wrong to me, that something that's supposed to be so (this is where lack of wordage comes in)...sacred in a way...be put out there for everyone to gawk at. It's not cool. And just because other people write that doesn't mean SM should. She handled that part beautifully I thought. We knew they had their night, and that was good enough for me.
Absolutely agree! It was perfect. Any more detail would've just been inappropriate. Any more detail about the physical side of it would have ruined it because it would have made it more about sex than about their feelings for each other. It's definately fine the way it is. :)
You wanted me to be human, I reminded him. Well, watch me.
consider_me_dazzled
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by consider_me_dazzled »

I thought SM did a great job w/ the honeymoon. I kinda thought it would be more descriptive than that to start with, but when you think about the age span of ppl reading the books, how could she not keep it PG-13? I mean, you don't want to go overboard w/ it when there are 12 and 13 year olds reading. I wouldn't want my 12 yr. old daughter (if I had one) reading something that was more in detail than BD.

So, to me it was perfect.....just enough to know what was going on.....and just enough to let your own imagination go wild!!! :twisted:
bao wewolf
Settled in Forks

Post by bao wewolf »

this is to funny!! Half of us wanted a tad bit more detail and half of us thought it was just enough. My opinion i would have liked a little more detail. Not in the sex itself per say... more along something like this. Spelling might be off but again this was something i was kinda thinking...

As he pulled me towards him, the water making little waves around me, his hand softly caressed my left checked and he kissed me passionetly. Edward holding back some but I could still feel the intensity in his hold or how his lips molded to my lips. He was just as nervouse, for this was just a new to him as it was to me. His breathing, if ever there was such a word for Edward since he didn't need to breath, was a little heavier then usual. I could feel my body tense, not from being scared, but instead of what we were about to attempt. It was completly right in ever facet way. Not only did my heart belong to Edward but now i would also be connected to him phyiscally. As my heart beat started excelrating i gazed into this topaz eyes and knew the tension i was feeling wasn't from nerves but instead a hunger from deep with in, an internal passion longing to be cut out. As we started getting into deeper water his skin was no longer cold but almost body temperture, just a degree or so cooler than mine. I wanted this and i wanted him. And as we continued with my desire, i never payed attention again to the beautiful moon staring back at us.

Again i just thru this together but i was kinda hoping on something along this line. I don't think this was to dirty or to risky but still enticing. Please don't send me any hate mail saying how absurd i am or that it was a stupid idea. I was just thinking out loud.
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

I thought SM did a great job with the Honeymoon. As an adult-I would have liked more detail ;) LOL! But I am the mother of an 11year old, who after years of hating to read, has chosen to read TW and is 1/2 way through NM. I'm conflicted as to what I'll do when she gets to BD-I guess reiterate the fact that its a fictional story and they were married....

If SM would like to release Forever Dawn, I'll be one of the first in line! :D
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I think that Forever Dawn essentially was BD in every since. So I don't think that in Forever Dawn will there be more detail than in BD, even though it was "adult", I find BD to be more adult that most YA books because of the situations it presented in the pregnancy.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by edward4ever »

I have been reading the comments on this thread for months now and I am now ready to post my own. I usually go away from this thread upset, because comments are made about the YA crowd reading the books and it's better that SM didn't describe the wedding night too much, and it was "just enough". That's just plain "Malarky" (that's not usually the word I use to describe it though, :D , sorry)

To me, although I enjoyed the honeymoon chapter a great deal, it seemed like the editor just chopped out about 4 pages. It was such a huge departure from what SM had given us so far that it was a shock to the system! I was one of the people who went "Wait...what?" and flipped the pages back and forth to see if I'd accidentally grabbed too many when I'd turned the page. And then I thought..."well, okay, she's going to talk about it after the fact...Edward and Bella are going to 'discuss' their first night and how it went....that's fine, too." But then they really didn't.

It wasn't so much a disappointment that she didn't describe the sex, that's not what I was missing....it was the build up TO the sex, like she had built up EVERY OTHER make-out scene in the last 3 books.

I... just like Bella, "...burst into flames..."(pg 81) when Edward "...shrugged out of his shirt..." as he walked out to the beach. The anticipation was incredible! Afterall, SM has really been teasing us with this for the entire series....

Let's just get that out there and talk about the THE BIG PURPLE ELEPHANT in the room. WE ALL HAVE BEEN LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS NIGHT AND IF YOU SAY THAT YOU WEREN'T THEN YOU ARE LYING! ;)

All I wanted was exactly what I had been given for the last 3 books. Just beause they were now unclothed, doesn't mean we can't still have touching and kissing in the "safe places". We can still talk about the fire in the pit of the stomach or the electricity zinging across the skin. There was nothing....and I was bummed. :(

I was so bummed, in fact, that I wrote my own...trying to keep SM's style in tact...and keeping it PG-13. It is attached to my sig if you're interested in reading it. I didn't post this so I could promote my fanfic--I wrote it months ago--I just wanted to give my opinion like everyone else has.
:D
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
Ifeellikerain
Learning to Love Green

Post by Ifeellikerain »

edward4ever wrote:

Let's just get that out there and talk about the THE BIG PURPLE ELEPHANT in the room. WE ALL HAVE BEEN LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS NIGHT AND IF YOU SAY THAT YOU WEREN'T THEN YOU ARE LYING! ;)

All I wanted was exactly what I had been given for the last 3 books. Just beause they were now unclothed, doesn't mean we can't still have touching and kissing in the "safe places". We can still talk about the fire in the pit of the stomach or the electricity zinging across the skin. There was nothing....and I was bummed. :(

I was so bummed, in fact, that I wrote my own...trying to keep SM's style in tact...and keeping it PG-13. It is attached to my sig if you're interested in reading it. I didn't post this so I could promote my fanfic--I wrote it months ago--I just wanted to give my opinion like everyone else has.
:D
I just wanted to say, firstly...i agree! i too thought i had skipped some pages, i was sooooo confused. and I am ok with how she wrote it but i really thought shed have given us just a little bit more, i mean cmon!

but yeah i read your fanfic version of the honeymoon, very nice! I love that it was a little akward too, like when edward had to jump to the other side of the room and bella got all self concious lol it was perfect. my fav part was the second to last sentence about edwards heart, that was so sweet!

anyways if anyone, like me, was left wanting a little more then go read that, though maybe only 13+ just to be safe
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

I'm a bit torn on this issue. On the one hand, I did feel that there should have been a little more (detail). However, I can fill in the blanks myself pretty well, so I actually prefer how Stephenie Meyer did it. It keeps the story from becoming this "sexual" thing and keeps the love story intact without becoming too... I want to say vulgar, but that's too strong. Crude, perhaps?

edward4ever: That was nicely done. :) I struggled with the last chapter of my fanfic (in my sig) for similar reasons- I needed to keep things rated T, which was a little frustrating because my characters' relationship was quite intense. In the end, I was happy I kept it the way it is now, for reasons similar to the above.