Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twistarlighter
Settled in Forks

Re: The Honeymoon

Post by twistarlighter »

sameasher wrote:
porschejacker XD wrote:Call me a pervert if you will, but I just wanted a better description of what Edward looked like naked :P
I did too, all the the sparkling would've made that more fun to read ;)

PUURFECTLY SAID
Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
Alice-Is-Awesome
Wandering Through Town

Post by Alice-Is-Awesome »

I think Stepenie did a good job at keeping it PG-13. Of course everyone wanted know more about the honeymoon, but it is a teen/young adults book... I even know a 9 yr old reading Twilight! So I think she had to keep it PG unless she wanted to face angry parents' hate mail :? :P
I think SM did a great job! :D
<3
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/url][/img]
Alice-Is-Awesome
Wandering Through Town

Wish.I.may wrote:Me being only thirteen, I was kinda glad that Stephenie didn't go too in depth. I'm not a fan of lemons. Probably won't be for a while.

I agree. I'm 13 aswell and I even know a 9 yr old reading the Twilight Sega and I'm pretty sure her parents wouldn't be too impressed if they found out that their daughter was reading anything more detailed!! : P

Congrats Steph! :) ;)
Alice-Is-Awesome
Wandering Through Town

AliceLauren wrote: But I was so scared when she first thought she was pregnant. I almost dropped the book and started screaming. But I never saw that one coming.
I agree.
When Edward agreed that they'd 'try' after they were married, I first thought Bella could get pregnant but then once I thought about it, i thought that it couldn't happen because of the whole no blood thing, so when Bella first thought she was pregnant on the honeymoon, I was kinda confused and I didn't think she was actually pregnant but that it was something else like ( oh i donno) some creepy vampire sickness or somthing ( LOL I have no idea :P) So now that I've read more on this forum I get how Bella was even able to get pregnant ;) : P
LOL
F-16
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by F-16 »

I liked the way she did it.
I'm 20, and I think the fade to black was tasteful, and it didn't seem too abrupt, it was almost a natural place to stop off because at the point where it stopped being about their emotional feelings/conversation is when it became purely physical, at which point I think it would have been too much information for the younger fans.

I was immensely surprised though, at the end of the chapter about their honeymoon as vampires, with the line that SM put in right at the end. Ha, I had to read it again once just to make sure it was real, and then a third time so that I could laugh. :D
AliceMarieHale
Settled in Forks

Post by AliceMarieHale »

I'm 17 and I think Stepenie Meyers did ok on the honeymoon part of the book and at their own 'little house.' I mean I love romance novels and they get descriptive. I really dont care about it. But I can understand why she wrote it that way though. A wide varity of people read this book from ages 10 and up so I can see why she wasnt descriptive. But it was suttle yet funny I liked it!
ImageImage
~*AliceMarieHale*~
*JaspersMine*
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

em's_twilight wrote:Why oh god why does Breaking Dawn have to be a YA book?! :o And even so... she could have given a little more description ;) I mean i have read alot more "graphic" YA books then this :(

Depressing

<3
Em

I mean, I'm 16 as well, but I've also read more descriptive YA vamp books. I mena, I know SM's no Sherrilyn Kenyon when ti comes to the whole, ROMANCE descriptive area, but she could have given us a LITTTTLE bit more. atleat what was going through Bella/Edward's head at the time,

-Dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

I should start out by saying I am 17.

Honestly, I don't think the book was PG-13. It was so non-descript. I mean, I guess I can understand since I know there are some younger children reading the books. Still, it wasn't even that Stephenie didn't describe the sex scenes, it's that they basically didn't exist. Not that I think she should have gone into very dirty details... Okay, I wouldn't have minded, I've read books with explict sex scenes before, and I don't find them offensive, but for this, they shouldn't have been completely explicit, I agree. ...but she could have had some details, at least. I'm not saying it had to be dirty or perverse, but there are many things she could have described that wouldn't have been taken as offensive, but would have given the "sex" scenes more to them. Honestly, I felt sort of cheated because the scenes more or less didn't exist in Breaking Dawn.

That's the gist of my opinion. PM me if you'd like to discuss more. :)
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

twistarlighter wrote:
sameasher wrote:
porschejacker XD wrote:Call me a pervert if you will, but I just wanted a better description of what Edward looked like naked :P
I did too, all the the sparkling would've made that more fun to read ;)

PUURFECTLY SAID
P.S. I don't think that's perverted. I think we all wanted that. Maybe not the, er, specifics since there are younger people reading these books. Although, I am not embarressed to say I was really curious. I was thinking about that earlier today, actually. The, er, specifics, I mean. Weird, I know. Well, Steph's described his perfect chest before, so I guess we've gotten all we can (meaning, everything north of the border ;) ).
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
heartscreams
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by heartscreams »

midnight_fix wrote: And besides, sometimes filling in the blanks yourself is the funnest part. ;)
ahahah, i agree with you on that part!!

i wanted to read more on how much further Bella would seduce Edward. but i figured out that the after would be much more interesting, than during the whole moment. and i thought the way Bella behaved throughout the honeymoon, was, interesting? because i didn't know um, her hormones were raging, like Edward had described before. hahahah! so i was giggling the whole time Edward refused after that first night, but eventually gave in.

i can't quite imagine how the house or resort look like. anyone has better descriptions?