The Honeymoon

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Cocoa

The Honeymoon

Post by Cocoa »

This is a PG-13 thread to discuss all things vampire mating related.
em's_twilight
Settled in Forks

Re: The Honeymoon

Post by em's_twilight »

Why oh god why does Breaking Dawn have to be a YA book?! :o And even so... she could have given a little more description ;) I mean i have read alot more "graphic" YA books then this :(

Depressing

<3
Em
Nikkinik
Settled in Forks

Post by Nikkinik »

I'm 16 and I kind of thought she did a good job with the whole sex thing. I mean, I was satisfied with what she gave us. I can't really imagine how she would go about writing anymore. Maybe it's just because I'm young. :D But I was just surprised when people were mad about that.
It's a webshow! About Twilight! Check r4t5.com for show times! www.ustream.tv/channel/nikkinik%21
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

em's_twilight wrote:Why oh god why does Breaking Dawn have to be a YA book?! :o And even so... she could have given a little more description ;) I mean i have read alot more "graphic" YA books then this :(

Depressing

<3
Em

I kind of agree. I was really jonesing for some more with Bella and Edward..but I also think SM did a very good job keeping it PG-13 as it was. From the very beginning, Edward and Bella's relationship was very new and innocent. I think by putting in more description than needed would have degraded the characters a little bit. The intimacy and tenderness of the situation almost makes you feel like you shouldn't keep reading because them making love was a very personal thing that should be between just the two of them.

But because you can't really skip that part, of course you HAVE to read it!!!
:)
future_mrs_cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by future_mrs_cullen »

I'm 23. I thought she did it tastefully. I mean, she needs to appease everyone from young kids (there are some out there that like the book) all the way to married adults with kids themselves. Maybe even grandkids. I think it was just enough that we knew what was going on without it being a rated R book.
...And they lived happily ever after.

THE END
LisaAnn
Wandering Through Town

Post by LisaAnn »

Nikkinik wrote:I'm 16 and I kind of thought she did a good job with the whole sex thing. I mean, I was satisfied with what she gave us. I can't really imagine how she would go about writing anymore. Maybe it's just because I'm young. :D But I was just surprised when people were mad about that.
Same here, and like someone else mentioned, there is a big age span to please, so she can't really go into details that much. It was still a wonderful, and at times, funny part of the book.
I can't figure out how to delete my account.
Alice's Grandma
Settled in Forks

Post by Alice's Grandma »

At first I was shocked, but then I read a post by someone before the Lex went down. The person said that the kisses in Ec were much steamier and thinking back, I have to agree. I didn't have any problem with those - I thought they were tasteful. It was mostly sexual inuendo in BD, not actual description as in Ec. This makes sense, since they were just kissing in Ec, while they were actually participating in sex in BD.

I loved the honeymoon portion of the book. A warm, private island where they could just spend time with each other and not have to worry about hiding any secrets. What a great relief for them.

Edward's reaction after the first night they made love - the bruises. It was so painful. Could you imagine, he sat there watching them slowly appear all through the night as she lay asleep. What a mixture of conflicting emotions he must have felt.
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

Alice's Grandma wrote: Edward's reaction after the first night they made love - the bruises. It was so painful. Could you imagine, he sat there watching them slowly appear all through the night as she lay asleep. What a mixture of conflicting emotions he must have felt.
When I read it, I actually took it as a humorous kind of thing..But your take on Edward's emotions puts a whole new perspective on the subject for me. I could understand how he felt to a certain extent, but I didn't real delve in to the other feelings he could have or what he did once Bella went to sleep and he lay there watching her the rest of the night.
spagirlval
Settled in Forks

Post by spagirlval »

G-Faerie08 wrote:
Alice's Grandma wrote: Edward's reaction after the first night they made love - the bruises. It was so painful. Could you imagine, he sat there watching them slowly appear all through the night as she lay asleep. What a mixture of conflicting emotions he must have felt.
When I read it, I actually took it as a humorous kind of thing..But your take on Edward's emotions puts a whole new perspective on the subject for me. I could understand how he felt to a certain extent, but I didn't real delve in to the other feelings he could have or what he did once Bella went to sleep and he lay there watching her the rest of the night.
Wow, didn't think of that either. I wish she would write BD from Edward's perspective.
[
chloecullen
Settled in Forks

Post by chloecullen »

I think that Stephenie's descriptions (or lack of them) were tasteful.. but I kind of wanted a LITTLE more description. Nothing really mature, but a little more detail would have been nice. I loved the part where Bella said, "Don't be afraid, we belong together" and Edward says, "Forever"... It's so sweet :D