General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Ichigo Kitty
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: The Honeymoon

Post by Ichigo Kitty »

Haha, me too. I think we do know that he was pretty freaked out by the look on his face when she told him her period was late.

Bella: Edward, my period was late

Edward: O_O !?
Ice and Fire co-existing together without destroying each other...

~ E<3B
Mara Jade Cullen

Post by Mara Jade Cullen »

I'd love to hear Edward's POV on the honeymoon as well.
I love hearing the story from Edward's mind.
Team Edward
Jazz1124
Settled in Forks

Post by Jazz1124 »

renesmeecarlie wrote:
pennybug84 wrote:
Jazz1124 wrote:I have a pretty good idea what is generally going through his mind at this point...

"Holy crap, she's hot...but I can't I'll kill her...but she's so hot...but I want her to stay alive...thank you, alice for packing her bags!...damn it this is rediculous..." :lol:

All kidding aside...it's obvious that the Honeymoon for Edward involved a horrible inner struggle between his intense love for Bella and the reality of what he was and what she was not...although hearing his reasoning for biting the pillows would be interesting.
ha ha that was great. I would love to read the Honeymoon from Edward's pov. (I would love to read at least from the Bachelor party through the honeymoon from his pov. it would be great.)
Hahahahah Jazz- that was perfect!!

I know though--in MS he kept describing how hard it was to be around her and even though that subsided a lot after he "lost" her in NM, the honeymoon was probably still extremely difficult for him

I agree- I love how much SM elaborated on the relationship between the three guys as the books went on- I bet the bachelor party was HILARIOUS
I'm glad you all liked that...it was a spur of the moment thing.

And it's true that real ment read Twilight because real men are confident and comfortable enough in their own skin to admit it ;)
Karistiona
Settled in Forks

Post by Karistiona »

Honestly I'd like to read about all of it from Edward's perspective, but I have to be realistic and realise that that's not going to happen!

I think Stephenie handled the Honeymoon scenes veeeery well, it's so true that often it's sexier to leave something to the imagination, and the scene of their first time illustrates that perfectly.

In saying that, in my fantasy literary world I would *LOVE* to see Jacqueline Carey get a hold of Edward and Bella... nobody writes a better hopelessly-in-love-having-hot-sex scene in delicious, glorious details like Jacqueline Carey :P
I smile because I have no idea what's going on :)
Mara Jade Cullen

I was surprised that after all the descriptive detail of their kissing and such in Twilight that SM was so subtle about the wedding night. I listened to the books on MP3 and checked a couple of times that I didn't miss a chapter. :lol: But I understand why she did and respect that choice.

But poor Bella when she awoke. Edward was just infuriating. Ugh! :roll: So typically Edward in his overreaction and in his obstinacy.
I love Edward's character, but this is a prime example of the fact that he is a flawed character--definitely not perfect. He's so ceratin in his mind that he's a monster and that he was right in the first place that they should not have attempted it, that he doesn't even listen to Bella.
Personally, I think she should have pulled the "tears" card out sooner.
At least he gave in later so that he wouldn't have carried that misconception that "trying" was a mistake throughout eternity--with all the typical Edwardian guilt and self-accusation that would have gone along with it. :roll:

I do love how SM is a hopeless romantic. Edward is so old fashoined with his idea of what oder things come in. Bella, despite her misgivings does love the old fashioned/traditional wedding. And that first magical "trial" that they had together resulted in Nessie. :D
Team Edward
giafromjersey
Settled in Forks

Post by giafromjersey »

Stephenie did what she needed to do to please the whole"demographic" I do wish she would have written it along the same lines as she did with Eclipse( a little more detail would have been nice.) But, she did it tastefully, and let us leave it to our imaginations...and boy, was my imagination roaming. :oops:
twilight.fan4life14
Settled in Forks

Post by twilight.fan4life14 »

I am 14 and I loved how the sex scene was handled. I think that authors sometimes go into to much detail. I think the setting was described really well. The broken headboard and the feathers were an awesome touch.
Mara Jade Cullen

twilight.fan4life14 wrote:I am 14 and I loved how the sex scene was handled. I think that authors sometimes go into to much detail. I think the setting was described really well. The broken headboard and the feathers were an awesome touch.
I agree that most authors give TMI. Like, I love the story in the Clan of the Cave Bear series since the main character is a medicine woman and I work in medicine. But if I had to read one more time how large the lead character's parts were, etc, I would have puked. When I listen to the books again on MP3 I just skip those sections and get back to the story again. Yuk :roll:

A few more details would have been good, too. ;)
But at least, like you said, the pillows and headboard details were there. For once we can see that Edward did allow himself to be a bit more uninhibited. He's so ultra-self-controlled all of the time.
Team Edward
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

WOO YEAH, AN UNCONTROLLED EDWARD! *lost in thought*.... :twisted:
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
Lexi3456
Settled in Forks

Post by Lexi3456 »

Im 17 and i like sex scene part wasnt too graphic but she could have put moe emphisis on it like sometimes i was like whhat with the break?...are they doing it? lol i mean like she got all big in eclipse when ahe was kissin jacob(ew i personly hate jacob :evil: ) she coulda done it with edward!:) :D