General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pebblypoo
Settled in Forks

Re: The Honeymoon

Post by pebblypoo »

Yeah, I was alittle disappointed in the build up to the honeymoon also. I kept saying to my friend that I spent all that time reading the books, building the anticipation for their honeymoon and all I got was one line from Edward while they were in the ocean something like "I told you we would try..." I felt kind of cheated. Now, I didnt want full blown raunchy details, but it would have been nice to explore some other emtions or clumsy firsts like others have said here. overall I still enjoyed BD immensly, probably my favorite book of the saga, i just would have liked a little more time spent on the honeymoon. Someone had mentioned writing BD from Edwards view, now that would be VERY interesting!
:D
~Pebbles
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

Yep,

Just not enough of what we wanted. Darn it...

i do like the line "Why am I covered in feathers?" These at least was some good humor...

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

i do like the line "Why am I covered in feathers?" These at least was some good humor...
haha I liked that line too. SM does use some great humour throughout the books and I have found myself laughing out loud on many occasions whilst reading the saga.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
Dxplora07
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Dxplora07 »

I can completely understand why it was presented in the way it was. I thought it was very tasteful, and true to the relationship Edward and Bella share, very private and intimate. I did like how Bella described how she felt right before, "the fire wwas no longer a flash burn across my skin-it was slow and deep now; it smoldered away all my awkardness, my shy uncertainty." I think that had to have been my favorite line from that book. I love how that one line takes bella from being a girl to a woman, without having to demonstrate the act.........but I'm still a nosey woman, and I totally wish I could have had some juicy details!! dang it, bella, why couldn't you go outside your character for one, and kiss and tell!!! :lol:
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

I was really excited for this part ever since Edward made a promise to Bella about "trying" in Eclipse. I'm not really excited about the actual thing I'm more excited about their reaction specially Bella. How she feels (since its in her POV) while they are making love, what she thinks and basically just what her thoughts are so I was a bit disappointed when Stephenie Meyer cut the scene...

At least the aftermath is funny...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
LionandLamb123
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LionandLamb123 »

I love the honeymoon, personally :D . And I think SM did write about it tastefully, but yeah I do wish there were some more details. :lol: I remeber seeing an icon once that said what I expect of BD: A 3 page description of Edward naked :lol: And that isn't what I mean :lol: :lol: :lol: But I think a little more detail would have been nice :) I do wish there was some more discussions between Edward and Bella before they found out she was pregnant, because a lot of it was all the ...erm...night time :lol: and not so much like her narrating through what they're doing on a given day, because I felt that when she was talking about things like Edward taking her scuba diving and what not to tire her out that I was missing stuff...But overall I loved BD and the honeymoon :D
lady4string

Post by lady4string »

I thought it would have been funny if SM had added some first-timer fumbles and insecurities on both Bella and Edward. He seemed a little to self assured. I have a feeling this is the first time he's seen a woman naked other than in medical books or National Geographic. Heh heh! :oops: It would have also been nice to maybe get a little more detail on their first night together after the transformation when they didn't have to be so careful.
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

lady4string wrote:I thought it would have been funny if SM had added some first-timer fumbles and insecurities on both Bella and Edward. He seemed a little to self assured. I have a feeling this is the first time he's seen a woman naked other than in medical books or National Geographic. Heh heh! :oops: It would have also been nice to maybe get a little more detail on their first night together after the transformation when they didn't have to be so careful.

Actually I would have loved to have Edward use some lines from Bella's favorite books or of earlier periods...Like Dangerous Liasons or Count of Monte Cristo. Heck even the Three Musketeers has soem really funny lines that would have added to the scene greatly...Can you imagine Bella blushing???

minty88
Settled in Forks

Post by minty88 »

maybe im a little sick... but i was discussing it with my friend the other week (when we were meant to be working!!haha) and.. i just wanted nasty details... i mean c'mon!!! 3 books of are they are they not and............. nothing!! ahhhhh frustration!!! :oops:
The star that burns twice as bright, lives half as long....
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Yep,

SM is a tease. But you know what, we can fill in the blanks with what ever we want. Is it time to go home yet, need some rehearsal time...Yep wicked scoundrels are us…
:oops: :o :shock: