General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
xMoonlightxTragedyx
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: The Honeymoon

Post by xMoonlightxTragedyx »

It could have been more detailed, but I enjoyed the way she wrote the scenes. It was tasteful and still left it up to the imagination. I think she was being a little causious with the fact its a young adult book. But I haev read more detailed YA books.
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

I thought she did a good job by casually skipping to whole sex scenes. Although some of my friends were sad. lol.

But I was so scared when she first thought she was pregnant. I almost dropped the book and started screaming. But I never saw that one coming.
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

spagirlval wrote:
G-Faerie08 wrote:
Alice's Grandma wrote: Edward's reaction after the first night they made love - the bruises. It was so painful. Could you imagine, he sat there watching them slowly appear all through the night as she lay asleep. What a mixture of conflicting emotions he must have felt.
When I read it, I actually took it as a humorous kind of thing..But your take on Edward's emotions puts a whole new perspective on the subject for me. I could understand how he felt to a certain extent, but I didn't real delve in to the other feelings he could have or what he did once Bella went to sleep and he lay there watching her the rest of the night.
Wow, didn't think of that either. I wish she would write BD from Edward's perspective.
Yeah, I think it would be great if she wrote the whole series from his perspective! :D

I think she did a good job with the honeymoon...I mean, I would have liked a bit more detail, but she did have a very wide age range she was trying to please. I think the way she did it was the best way she could have without offending parents of younger readers and some readers themselves.

EDIT:
Some have said they have read more graphic YA books, and that is true. I think it would have been fine in that sense, because any little kids and parents that were upset wouldn't have been able to deny that it was clearly marked "YA" from the beginning. But I think she did the whole thing tastefully, and though I would have enjoyed more detail, I was pleased with how it came out.
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
wishingiwasbella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by wishingiwasbella »

I thought the Sex scene was good. It was very tactiful, and and not to much of what happens. The way that it was written is amazing. She describes it with not to much graphics and details but just the way that she describes the next morning from bella's view is great.
Forbidden_Freedom
Settled in Forks

Post by Forbidden_Freedom »

For the characters, and the YA precaution, the honeymoon was great. Honestly, no matter how young we are, you KNOW that we've read the smuttiest Bedward fanfiction possible. :oops:

Si, Stephenie did a GREAT job with keeping it clean. BUt what I loved, was that she made created a sense of anticipation from Bella's end. Which, honestly, had me stifling a scream.

Really, we have our VERY dirty, graphic imaginations for the actual sex-scenes. And the imaginations of some very . . . imaginative fanfiction authors. I suppose that'll have to do . . .
jenny_devil
Settled in Forks

Post by jenny_devil »

i agree with everyone. i think SM did a good job with giving hints and letting us fill in the blanks ;) she kept it tasteful and clean with a few steamy bits lol. although i must admit i wanted a bit more descrption but it is YA.
maddierose
Settled in Forks

Post by maddierose »

I was a little surprised at how much sex was mentioned... I mean, when they were at Isle Esme it was definitely tasteful- that was my favourite part of the book. And Emmett's jokes were funny! But... I don't know. Something about it irked me a bit. Towards the end of the book, how much it was mentioned. And the ending..leaving it on a note like that, with Edward and Bella having sex with Renesmee in the next room.. I dunno. Something felt a little off to me. Like it was a fanfic or something.
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

I loved Isle Esme and it's in Rio! The sex scenes were totally apropriate for the rate. And I think "Why am I covered in feathers?" is definetly one of my favorite quotes ever. It's amazing the idea of the island. I remember when we were all especulating about the honeymoon and lots of girls suggested that. And it's perfect. An isolated place where Edward could sparkle under the sun. "sigh" I really liked BD. I don't know how people can complain so much.
Last edited by Lunna-san on Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NiCoLeeLoCin
Wandering Through Town

Post by NiCoLeeLoCin »

I really liked the honeymoon. I also liked it better if it was a it more detailed, but I'm not complaining at all. Their first time: I was like; you better not get pregnant Bella! :lol: Well... you know what happened. :roll:
I also really liked their second time. Bella is so smart :lol: :lol: Crying over a dream and then make Edward have sex with her. I am 14 years old (2 weeks = 15) and I was reading those parts the first time with my parents in the same room. Oh my God! It was really hard to hold my laughter. And when I really couldn't help but laughing my mother was like; I wanna see what's so funny. And I was like Noooo! I didn't want her to have a wrong idea about Twilight :roll:
fang1/3
Settled in Forks

Post by fang1/3 »

i just thought it was a little annoying how she'll give us quite a detailed description of things like Bella's leg being broken but won't give us a little more description on the sex.
I mean at the same time, I think it fits, I'd be a little more botherd if she gave more description about the sex becuase it might sound like a fanfiction or something I mean it took me a while to get over her getting pregnant.
But Edward is a gentleman from just over 100 years ago, I think it might ruin his... sensible & polite sort of character if we had more idea of what he was like during sex I mean the fact taht he was wrecking teh furnature changed my view on him a little (not for the better or worse, mind ;]).
I think it's perfect just the way it is really, it leaves more rooms for us to make up our own idea of it.
Now, what the honeymoon would be like in a movie.... haha