Animal preferance

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Cocoa

Animal preferance

Post by Cocoa »

Discuss the Cullen families animal preference in regards to their diet.
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Animal preferance

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

I remember Edward saying something in one of the earlier books about maybe their preferences were reflections of their personalities, and I agree with that. It never said(that I recall at least) what Rosalie and Alice's preferences were, but I like to think of them as...well, actually I haven't much. For some reason though, I associate Alice with a rabbit, but rabbits are much too small. Rosalie--I think of a gazelle or something like that. Something graceful. Hm...Alice also seems like she might enjoy a cheetah.

And I randomly think of a llama when I think about Jasper's preference. :lol:
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

I remember him saying that as well..I don't really see Edward as a mountain lion kind of guy though..I'm trying to think of hardcore, yet more debonaire beasts in the US but can't really think of any..If I had to pick for Edward, I'd say a panther versus a mountain lion..(I know there are no panthers here typically)

Can you imagine if they lived in the serengeti or elsewhere in Africa with some really hardcore animals..That would be like a buffet with over 100 selections to choose from. Of course they would have to mind the endangered species by hunting in moderation but they have not had a problem with that so far.
wishingiwasbella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by wishingiwasbella »

G-Faerie08 wrote:I remember him saying that as well..I don't really see Edward as a mountain lion kind of guy though..
If you think to the books fo rthis, it states several times that the way edward protects bella kind of reminds me at least of a lion. Like IN the field while they are playing Baseball, it says that he got down in a protective crouch in front of her when he read James mind, lions crouch. Lol. that's my point of view on that :-)

I can see the resembelence, Emmet in my eyes looks more like a grizzly type of guy with his stout build and booming laugh, while in my eyes Alice would be the one to like the deer or other deer like animal, as for Roslie, I'm not to sure, possibly, yeah I don't know my mind is lost on what she would eat.
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

I think it's kinda funny that they act like there favorite snack. :lol: You can so see the grizzly in Emmett.

I think that Edward is like a mountain lion. I agree. Fierce, strong, protective. he he. I can see it.
KeepMeWithYou
Wandering Through Town
Location: In the City of Nothing with my Dhampir, Xavier, and his human Ally

Post by KeepMeWithYou »

AliceLauren wrote:I think it's kinda funny that they act like there favorite snack. :lol: You can so see the grizzly in Emmett.

I think that Edward is like a mountain lion. I agree. Fierce, strong, protective. he he. I can see it.
:) I agree. You can see the similarities between them. I wonder--was the lion that Bella hunted in BD female? :roll: So they hunt similarily...like mates. :lol:

Rosalie sounds like a gazelle type to me, Alice seems like a rabbit, or a small bird. Jasper seems like a hunting-cat type to me. Strategic. Emmett defintly the grizzly.

Any sudggestions for Carlisle and Esme? :? I'm stuck on them.
hayweh
Settled in Forks

Post by hayweh »

To me, Carlisle seems like he'd hunt elk. Some thing big and majestic, but it won't damage the environment if he takes more than a few. He seems too compasionate to hunt big hunters.
I agree with you guys on all the others.

I really have no idea what Esme would like.
rain.on.me
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by rain.on.me »

Hmm...to me, Carlisle seems like the type of guy that doesn't really have a favorite. He's been around for so long, feeding from every kind of animal numerous times that he probably exhausted all preference. But what do I know?

I can see Alice liking a 'winter' animal. Like a polar bear or something.

And I can picture Jasper liking a giraffe. haha. I don't know why, though.

And Rosalie probably likes something exotic. Like...a monkey (or gorilla :D ), maybe a zebra or cheetah. I'm not really too up on my animals.

As for Esme...well, probably something simple. Ooorrrr...possibly a moose... :D Wait, are they extinct? Like I said, I'm not too up on my animals.
museicalking
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by museicalking »

hmm. they're all awesome and i guess that the animal preferances were put in to show hunting habits.
emmett-bears
they're big and burly
edward-mountain lion
elegant and agressive
jasper-hmm?
he doesnt seem to care as long as its bloood..
alice.esme-gazelle
graceful
rosalie-deer/elk
cause they're annoying and everywhere, (for who she is)
carlisle-hmm.
he cares too much to pick one.
Team Emmett- EDC, Inc. Emmett Demolition Crew.
Team Rosalie- Every Rose has its Thorns
Team Alice- Seeing the Future Since 1901
<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

I mean, I'm sort of a vegetarian, I don't eat red meat or any pig. Only really chicken, and if I have to. I think it's realy great the way the Cullens/Denali live. They think of Humans as PEOPLE(like Alice put it in BD)...they're people with lives and families. If I was a vamp, I think that the guilt would get to me-but once I let my senses over ride my conscience, I think I'd turn "not vegetarian". loll

Dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett