General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Rob
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Animal preferance

Post by Rob »

Aren't all of their animal preferences supposed to be predators? If so Ed: Lion, Emmet: Bear, Jasper: Wolf, Rosalie: Snake, Alice: Hawk, or some kind of graceful predator. Carlisle and Esme are impossible.
By holyguacamole43 at 2008-05-31
love2travel
Wandering Through Town

Post by love2travel »

I like that Edward and Bella have the same animal preference... mountain lion... :D
soul alchemist
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by soul alchemist »

I havent thought about this at all but I agree on the Rosalie hunts wolves.
Esme and Carslile would probably have the same preferance.
I can definetly see Emmett as a grizzly bear. Every time I see a bear it reminds me of him.
I wonder why Edward and Bella like mountain lion.
I see Alice and Jasper hunting cheetah or panters.
The most gorgeous twins in my world.
rosalie_girl100
Settled in Forks

Post by rosalie_girl100 »

Oh those are good.

I picture:

Edward - LIon
Bella - Lamb

[So the lIon fell inlove with the lamb]

Jasper - fox
Alice - rabit
Rosalie - wolf
Emmett - bear

Um...
Carlisle - some type of horse?
Esme - The same ^
If only I could find my prince, my teddy bear, my puppy

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3241/307 ... 0e.jpg?v=0
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

*dies laughing at Rosalie eating wolves*
Hence her hate of Jacob. :lol:
Seems accurate enough
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
Jack
Learning to Love Green
Location: 3-1-14-1-4-1.... That's right... tis' Shneaky indeed...

Post by Jack »

Rob wrote:Aren't all of their animal preferences supposed to be predators? If so Ed: Lion, Emmet: Bear, Jasper: Wolf, Rosalie: Snake, Alice: Hawk, or some kind of graceful predator. Carlisle and Esme are impossible.
I agree that they have to all be predators... its been said from the very beginning that stuff like bunnies and deer just aren't very appetizing. I don't know if snake would be right for rosalie though. And while I can see her going for wolves out of spite, I can't see them being her favourite. Maybe.... Tiger. I can see her loving Tigers for some reason.. they just carry a regal nobility about them that she would just love. Jasper, I can't see as having a favourite at all. He can't make distinctions between human blood so I don't think he can make distinctions between animal blood either its just human blood good, animal blood bad but makes alice happy. Alice I can see enjoying the odd eagle (or hawk) or two. I doubt they'd be big enough to satisfy the hunger without severely depleting the world's stock of them though. Maybe she needs less blood cause she's so incredibly tiny. But something about Bird's being able to "see all" from their high vantage point just like she sort of "sees all" with her visions, might be a draw. The Cheetah I could sort of understand but I'd peg Edward to favor them more then alice (he could still like cheetahs but like mountain lions better)... For Carlisle and Esme... Carlisle I can see enjoying actual lion (not the mountain variety) and esme... perhaps lynx? or an Arctic Fox.
*Jack*
"Hear The Sound, The Angels Come Screaming Down..." - MCR
Bulldozer Trainee in EDC Inc.- Emmett's Demolition Company
rapidheartbeat<3twi

Post by rapidheartbeat<3twi »

Yeah, I picture all vegetarian vamps. going for bigger game. I mean, seriously guys, how much blood can you get out of a snake? Or a bunny . . . .? There's a reason that the animals SM does mention are things like elk, deer, mountain lion, bear . . . they have something in common. They're BIG. I think other animal options would be along the lives of bighorn sheep, wolves (is it just the werewolves or all wolves that taste bad?), maybe foxes, but not birds. Hawks, eagles . . . they are mostly feathers and hollow bones. I don't think you'd get a whole lot out of them, plus, they'd be harder to hunt, what with their ability to FLY and all. I know that vamps are super predators and all, but why hop up and down trying to catch an eagle, when you can run after an elk?
"If you're going to have a lapse in control, I can think of a better place for it."-Bella-Eclipse
Rob

Post by Rob »

rapidheartbeat<3twi wrote:Yeah, I picture all vegetarian vamps. going for bigger game. I mean, seriously guys, how much blood can you get out of a snake? Or a bunny . . . .? There's a reason that the animals SM does mention are things like elk, deer, mountain lion, bear . . . they have something in common. They're BIG. I think other animal options would be along the lives of bighorn sheep, wolves (is it just the werewolves or all wolves that taste bad?), maybe foxes, but not birds. Hawks, eagles . . . they are mostly feathers and hollow bones. I don't think you'd get a whole lot out of them, plus, they'd be harder to hunt, what with their ability to FLY and all. I know that vamps are super predators and all, but why hop up and down trying to catch an eagle, when you can run after an elk?
Heyhey dont bash my snake rofl. But bighorn wont work they aren't predators :O
By holyguacamole43 at 2008-05-31
Jack
Learning to Love Green
Location: 3-1-14-1-4-1.... That's right... tis' Shneaky indeed...

Post by Jack »

Rob wrote:
rapidheartbeat<3twi wrote:Yeah, I picture all vegetarian vamps. going for bigger game. I mean, seriously guys, how much blood can you get out of a snake? Or a bunny . . . .? There's a reason that the animals SM does mention are things like elk, deer, mountain lion, bear . . . they have something in common. They're BIG. I think other animal options would be along the lives of bighorn sheep, wolves (is it just the werewolves or all wolves that taste bad?), maybe foxes, but not birds. Hawks, eagles . . . they are mostly feathers and hollow bones. I don't think you'd get a whole lot out of them, plus, they'd be harder to hunt, what with their ability to FLY and all. I know that vamps are super predators and all, but why hop up and down trying to catch an eagle, when you can run after an elk?
Heyhey dont bash my snake rofl. But bighorn wont work they aren't predators :O
Agree with Rob (except, I kinda went against the snake too... sorry :lol:) can't go for bighorn. The hawks and eagles. I agree, won't feed you much (but if you make it into a competition, it would be funny). But maybe a moose. You can't say they aren't "predators" I've watched one take on a car head on and the car was the one that sustained more damage. (Driver was alright though). You can't say they aren't a dangerous animal. I think they would enjoy moose.
*Jack*
"Hear The Sound, The Angels Come Screaming Down..." - MCR
Bulldozer Trainee in EDC Inc.- Emmett's Demolition Company
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

I think the Cullen clan all have their preferences for what type of animal they like to feed off of but I think it all depends on the area that they are living too. I think when they were in Alaska, there was a whole lot of different types of animals to feed from but now in Forks, I think it's kind of limited.

Emmett - is all about the bears. I think he prefers grizzly's but if he can get a hold of a black bear or polar bear it wouldn't matter.

Edward - didn't he tell Bella that he like mountain lions?

Alice - I can see her preference for deers. Probably the doe's since they are female and more graceful.

Jasper - I can see him going for a coyote since they are kind of savage in their own way and he's still trying to get over the "bloodlust" of humans

Rose - I think she would lean more towards a male deer. I just think that she would want to show how much she can dominate a male species and show how powerful she is underneath all the fluff

Carlisle & Esme - I think that they would use whatever animal they could come upon. I just think that they are so use to the lifestyle and they seem like they would be the hunters who are afraid/don't want to hunt becuse they are going to be taking out something from the animal species. I just see them as hunting male deer like Rose but not the really powerful ones.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!