General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
chowzinha
Learning to Love Green

Re: Illegal Activities

Post by chowzinha »

I just loved knowing that someone like Jenks existed!
It was pretty cool to know how the Cullens get their way in all kinds of document forgery.
I'd have liked if SM would have given us a little more about it. I'd really want to know if they have ever needed to change names, for example! :D
\/Brittany\/
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Telling Jasper that Alice cheated on him...with a werewolf

Post by \/Brittany\/ »

^^Ooh me too! I'd love to read the scene that SM said was in Forever Dawn where Bella gets to "play Superman" for Max, Jenks' assistant, when he gets into trouble. I'd love to see what Jasper did as well to make Jenks so nervous.
Team Bella: Have a Little Werewolf with Your Vampire
I have Twilightis *cough,cough* There is no cure
Jasper Hale laughs at your mood ring
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

I'm sure since Jasper can affect the emotional climate around him, he made things quite terrifying for Jenks, plus he would be just plain frightening anyway.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Ractor
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Ractor »

\/Brittany\/ wrote:^^Ooh me too! I'd love to read the scene that SM said was in Forever Dawn where Bella gets to "play Superman" for Max, Jenks' assistant, when he gets into trouble. I'd love to see what Jasper did as well to make Jenks so nervous.

You know, that would be a great seen to have posted. Kinda wonder what would happen though, since it would blow her cover.
Ractor - Proud Twiguy
Chef for Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.
Gino Dartino "Dart"- Twilight Mafia
(forth Line NINJA)
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

chowzinha wrote:I just loved knowing that someone like Jenks existed!
It was pretty cool to know how the Cullens get their way in all kinds of document forgery.
I'd have liked if SM would have given us a little more about it. I'd really want to know if they have ever needed to change names, for example! :D
Hmm... well, we know that Jasper changed his last name... and Emmett, Edward, Esme & Alice did too. I wonder about first names, though.

But, yeah, I'd love to know more about how they skirt laws to make their world work. I mean, how does Carlisle's medical degree/license work? Perhaps I shall trot on over to the Q&A board to ask...

Image Image Image
youcrazything
Settled in Forks

Post by youcrazything »

I don't have a problem with the Cullens and their illegal activities. The way I see it is that human laws are made for humans. The Cullens aren't human so technically the laws don't apply. Much the same with the other "bad" vampires, they live by their own set of rules/laws. However, since the Cullens pose as humans, they at least have to keep up the pretense of being law abiding citizens so as to not draw attention to themselves. Seeing as how they don't age and have been alive for hundreds of years, they have to break the law to pretend to follow the law. :lol:
As for Carlisle's degree(s) and licences I can't imagine he'd possibly be able to keep up with legal versions considering they move every few years or so. He probably has fakes based on real ones he's received, I'd imagine (at least they'd only be partially fake, heh).
I have to wonder if they keep any bank accounts. I'm fairly sure they've used credit cards at some point in the books, and it doesn't seem like they just constantly carry hundreds of dollars of cash on them at a time. Not like they would have to worry about being mugged.... but still seems a bit impractical.
I'm betting they have more than one person like J... maybe they have a connection at a bank, and one that does their taxes... all completely forged and illegal ;) I wonder how many people have undergone Jasper's "influence" to make some fast cash...
"Sometimes I wondered if I was seeing the same things through my eyes that the rest of the world was seeing through theirs." ~ Bella
IluvEdward27
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by IluvEdward27 »

I think the only one's who really do the illegal stuff is Alice and Bella. Bella got the papers from J. and Alice stole the car in Volterrea.
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

Don't forget Alice doing insider trading with Edward on the stock market.... :shock:

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Edward stole a car in Twilight to make it to the ballet studio, if I remember correctly.

Not to mention they're all guilty for falsifying tax returns over the years, faking deaths, et cetera.
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

You know that they not only forge documents and do insider trading, but they also must be excellent hackers as well. For Alice to do all the trading and Carlisle to look legal, they must go into dozens of secure sites illegally. Alice can forge things pretty well on her own, according to her words in New Moon. Several of the fanfiction entries are about the Cullens in Las Vegas. Can you imagine them in Monty Carlo? Wow!