Illegal Activities

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules

Re: Illegal Activities

Postby psugar » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:11 pm

They can rip it up in the matter of seconds if someone comes. :)
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
Image
User avatar
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica
 
Posts: 607
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:15 am
Location: Wait, I live somewhere! That news to me

Re: Illegal Activities

Postby xXBeSafeXx » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:15 pm

Shakespeare wrote:In some ways the Cullens could be considered the "bad" vampires. Think about it--as harsh as the sounds, the normal vampires are just obeying the laws of nature. Humans are their food source. Only humans consider humans to be above other animals. As superior beings, the vampires just see us as food.

The Cullens, on the other hand, break laws and, with the exception of Carlisle, do absolutely nothing to aid society. They just take up space. I can understand their need to forge papers since it is essential for their survival, but I do not think they should be frivolously breaking the law. Alice predicting the stock market is especially disturbing. That is basically stealing. The only reason the stock market works is because people take risks when they invest. By eliminating the risk, the Cullens are indirectly stealing from people who need the money even more. As for driving fast, I agree with everything Amivera said. There is also the matter of them hunting animals out of season. Their loopholes in the law don't change the fact that there is a reason for restricting the hunting. I also find it improbable that no one notices the decrease in bears.

They don't actually hunt animals out of season. I forget which book they said that in, but I thought they made it quite clear.
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
User avatar
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire
 
Posts: 1868
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:14 pm
Location: school. always school.

Re: Illegal Activities

Postby Amivera » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:14 pm

xXBeSafeXx wrote:They don't actually hunt animals out of season. I forget which book they said that in, but I thought they made it quite clear.


Twilight (page 214): "Bears?" I gasped, and he smirked. "You know, bears are not in season," I added sternly, to hide my shock.
"If you read carefully, the laws only cover hunting with weapons," he informed me.

^They do hunt out of season. Illegal. Mountain lions, too. Very illegal. How rude. :evil:
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
User avatar
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:37 pm

Re: Illegal Activities

Postby vampirenerd » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:30 am

Shakespeare wrote:In some ways the Cullens could be considered the "bad" vampires. Think about it--as harsh as the sounds, the normal vampires are just obeying the laws of nature. Humans are their food source. Only humans consider humans to be above other animals. As superior beings, the vampires just see us as food.

The Cullens, on the other hand, break laws and, with the exception of Carlisle, do absolutely nothing to aid society. They just take up space. I can understand their need to forge papers since it is essential for their survival, but I do not think they should be frivolously breaking the law. Alice predicting the stock market is especially disturbing. That is basically stealing. The only reason the stock market works is because people take risks when they invest. By eliminating the risk, the Cullens are indirectly stealing from people who need the money even more. As for driving fast, I agree with everything Amivera said. There is also the matter of them hunting animals out of season. Their loopholes in the law don't change the fact that there is a reason for restricting the hunting. I also find it improbable that no one notices the decrease in bears.


So...you would rather the Cullens kill innocent people than break laws such as forgery, breaking speed limits, and hunting out of season...all b/c it's natural

Sometimes I wonder lol...and about the Cullen's just taking up space...well, it's not like any of the other vampires are contributing anything to society...at least the Cullen's aren't killing people while they're just "taking up space"

Sorry, that whole post just kinda caught me off gaurd
Image
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:39 pm
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Re: Illegal Activities

Postby Amivera » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:43 am

That's not what she was saying, vampirenerd. I look at it in terms of this:

The Cullens are joining human society. They are, essentially, attempting to become humans, as they were before. In giving up their natural lifestyle, they are saying that they will act the human part. They join highschool (although they could just as easily be homeschooled, so I'm not sure what this was for), they get jobs, buy a large home, buy many cars, buy tons of clothes, buy food weekly (and throw it away)...

I believe that by attempting to become human,they should be forced to obey human laws. Stealing from humans through the stock market when they obviously don't have a need for money is wrong. Buying multiple expensive cars when they obviously don't have a need for them is wrong. Driving over the speed limit when it is unnecessary— again— is wrong.

Basically what I'm saying is: The Cullens have decided to become part of human society— part of our society. By using our resources and joining us in all that we do, they have given themselves up to it. Therefore, they should follow the rules— especially when breaking the laws is so unnecessary— especially when Emmett and Jasper have already taken so many human lives, it might just be best to repent.

Yeah... :D
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
User avatar
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:37 pm

Re: Illegal Activities

Postby Twilightlover101 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:27 am

AgentCross wrote:This is America, it's only illegal if you get caught... or you can't afford it.

true true, besides hasn't everyone
Image
User avatar
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:00 am

Re: Illegal Activities

Postby vampirenerd » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:35 am

Amivera wrote:That's not what she was saying, vampirenerd. I look at it in terms of this:

The Cullens are joining human society. They are, essentially, attempting to become humans, as they were before. In giving up their natural lifestyle, they are saying that they will act the human part. They join highschool (although they could just as easily be homeschooled, so I'm not sure what this was for), they get jobs, buy a large home, buy many cars, buy tons of clothes, buy food weekly (and throw it away)...

I believe that by attempting to become human,they should be forced to obey human laws. Stealing from humans through the stock market when they obviously don't have a need for money is wrong. Buying multiple expensive cars when they obviously don't have a need for them is wrong. Driving over the speed limit when it is unnecessary— again— is wrong.

Basically what I'm saying is: The Cullens have decided to become part of human society— part of our society. By using our resources and joining us in all that we do, they have given themselves up to it. Therefore, they should follow the rules— especially when breaking the laws is so unnecessary— especially when Emmett and Jasper have already taken so many human lives, it might just be best to repent.

Yeah... :D


Well, Amivera I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I don't feel that b/c the Cullens CHOSE to act human, and not kill humans, that they should be FORCED to do anything. I think that what they are doing isn't affecting anyone too much...they do give to charities and it hasn't been proven that they do ro do not throw away perfectly good food. Other than there driving (which i personally don't feel will hurt anyone due to their heightened senses) they aren't affecting anyone. They only do the illegal stuff when they need to...other than Alice's stockmarket game...so I don't think they should be FORCED to do something just b/c they are trying to be GOOD vampires.

So agree to disagree b/c I feel the two of us are never going to see eye to eye on this subject lol
Image
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:39 pm
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Re: Illegal Activities

Postby Amivera » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:46 pm

^^ Agreed. :lol:
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
User avatar
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:37 pm

Re: Illegal Activities

Postby vampirenerd » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:17 pm

See...I like you. You give me someone to discuss with but when we get to the point where we can't go any further we just agree to disagree. Unlike some people who get so upset when you don't agree with them. It makes it a lot easier to discuss when someone isn't going off on you for not agreeing with them.
Image
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:39 pm
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Re: Illegal Activities

Postby Amivera » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:45 pm

vampirenerd wrote:See...I like you. You give me someone to discuss with but when we get to the point where we can't go any further we just agree to disagree. Unlike some people who get so upset when you don't agree with them. It makes it a lot easier to discuss when someone isn't going off on you for not agreeing with them.


Haha, thank you. :D I've noticed that as well. Sometimes you just need to accept that not everyone will agree with your point of view. (Hence the whole "opinion" thing. lol)

Twilightlover101 wrote:
AgentCross wrote:This is America, it's only illegal if you get caught... or you can't afford it.

true true, besides hasn't everyone


Hahaha, so very true.
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
User avatar
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:37 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Quench Your Thirst

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests