Click for Forum Rules

Re: Sequels

Postby Tornado » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:36 pm

Just do it! :D
Tornado
Eating Spaghetti with Billy

Postby michelle » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:40 pm

So this is what Stephenie said in a chat with twilight moms back in 2007.

I know seven years have passed since then, and maybe Stephenie’s plans have changed, I just want you to help me decode what she says. Because what I understand is that she had had some ideas for two more (twilight) books that we don’t know about, but maybe it’s only that my English is not helping me understand the true meaning of her words…

TM: Do you think you will write more in the Twilight series? I have a minor crush on Jasper. I just find him adorable, in a Matt Damon in Bourne kind of way.

Steph: I can't say for sure. Right now, I'm seriously burned out on vampires, and I still have Midnight Sun to go. Plus there is all kinds of behind the scene publishing politics with this series that sucks some of the fun out.

But could I really leave them behind for good? Probably not. I assume that after some recovery time, I'll revisit the Twilight universe. I have a detailed outline for a fifth book, and I finally figured out how I'd end book six.

I say I'm burned out on vampires, but what have I been working on this weekend? Vampires When I need to recharge, sometime I write stuff for fun. So I'm working on an Eclipse extra that tells the story from the newborns' perspective. Specifically from Bree's pov. It's really fun! I got to say "junkie ho"!
michelle
Learning to Love Green

Postby Tornado » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:02 pm

I know she said in interviews on the BD Pt 2 DVD that she wasn't sure she'd put the characters away completely, but she's also said at other times since this interview that she is sick of vampires at the moment, particularly after her heavy involvement in the two BD movies. I understand she was intending to write a sequel to The Host and there was talk about her doing a story about cannibal mermaids. I don't think we'll get another Twilight book in a while and if we do, I WANT MIDNIGHT SUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tornado
Eating Spaghetti with Billy

Previous

Return to Quench Your Thirst