General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jazziscool
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Sequels

Post by Jazziscool »

TheCullenBoysAreMine wrote:well the most likely(i think) is a Nessie/Jacob/maybe Leah story about the rest of their lives ( or at least some of it)lol....i would also love to see an Alice p.o.v. of one or more of the books.partly because i absolutely love her and partly because i think she always has a hidden story in all the books....like something about her is left mysterious...idk just my opinion though.lol.
I bet there is going to be Leah's story and she's going to imprint.
Also, Nesse's POV when the Volturi come back.

Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Supervisor of the DBJ:Donating Blood to Jasper & Co.
slayerchick303
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by slayerchick303 »

Spartan wrote:I'm just hoping that like with Twilight after Midnight Sun she realises that she isn't ready to give up Edwards POV, For me it's a bit ironic that she's only doing Twilight because I personally feel that the other 3 would be more interesting from his POV, Of course I'm not saying that Twilight won't be interesting - Of course it will! It's just that in new Moon we have like no Idea of what he did, In Eclispse the Jacob / Edward thing and the Newborn / Victoria probs and in BD - well it's kind of obvious isn't it. He's a dad!
I agree with you. I would love her to continue-on with Edward's perspective of the novels, but Stephenie Meyer has said that she doesn't want to write New Moon from Edward's perspective because it would be too depressing. I have to say, I am the most curious about Edward did during that book, so I'd love to see it in a novel, but apparently that won't happen.
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

slayerchick303 wrote:
Spartan wrote:I'm just hoping that like with Twilight after Midnight Sun she realises that she isn't ready to give up Edwards POV, For me it's a bit ironic that she's only doing Twilight because I personally feel that the other 3 would be more interesting from his POV, Of course I'm not saying that Twilight won't be interesting - Of course it will! It's just that in new Moon we have like no Idea of what he did, In Eclispse the Jacob / Edward thing and the Newborn / Victoria probs and in BD - well it's kind of obvious isn't it. He's a dad!
I agree with you. I would love her to continue-on with Edward's perspective of the novels, but Stephenie Meyer has said that she doesn't want to write New Moon from Edward's perspective because it would be too depressing. I have to say, I am the most curious about Edward did during that book, so I'd love to see it in a novel, but apparently that won't happen.
well i read one of the extras on stephenie meyer's website called "the phone call", and that little bit was from edwards POV, but you read that he's in a dark sewer under a kitchen in a restaraunt curled up in a ball :( poor edward, lol. but i think she should still do at least the other two from edward's POV.
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

ilovetwilight wrote: well i read one of the extras on stephenie meyer's website called "the phone call", and that little bit was from edwards POV, but you read that he's in a dark sewer under a kitchen in a restaraunt curled up in a ball :( poor edward, lol. but i think she should still do at least the other two from edward's POV.
Yeh I read that bit too, It was a bit wierd. I know SM doesn't want to do the other ones, esp NM, from Edwards POV but you gotta hope, If it there was absoluotely no chance of SM writing a Midnight Sun series I'd be well depressed.
* * Sapere Aude * * Jasper is my Edward : D
char1eigh
Settled in Forks

Post by char1eigh »

I really hope that Midnight Sun is not a lost cause! I love the idea of seeing everything through Edward's eyes. (I would read all the books through his eyes!) I know I have read that Stephanie Meyer said that it would be hard to write New Moon through Edward (and I totally get that), but I would really like to know how hard the separation was and feel his emotions through the Italy part. I just want more of these characters! Stephanie Meyer has been so generous with the extras and outtakes, but it all just leaves me wanting more. I hope Stephanie's break doesn't last too long, and that she continues with these characters!
Jacoblack
Settled in Forks

Post by Jacoblack »

Last edited by Jacoblack on Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pandem3
Settled in Forks

Post by pandem3 »

I am so addicted to these books! I would just love to see her write for the rest of her life about the Cullens. There are so many opportunities to write about from so many different characters. I know it might get a little boring to write about the same people all the time but when you are good...you are good. Why give up on that?

I really do hope she picks back up and starts to write about all of our favorite characters again.... we can only hope!

(Midnight Sun was amazing...I really hope she picks that one back up!)
StarEmerson
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by StarEmerson »

There is just so much she could write about! I am not even too keen on reading from others P.O.V to be honest, apart form the one we could have had. I think that would have been enough. Because after all it's Bella's story. No one elses. It would be like reading HP from Rons POV or Dumbldores, or Voldemorts. Overkill!

I would like Nessie's story in a few decades? What happens with her and Jacob? Nahuel? But it would be too sad to have them mention Bella and Edward. It is over now :cry:

It would be good if she wrote about the other vamps stories though. kinda like Anne Rice did with all hers.

Like Victoria or someone, how they became a vamp, and the story for them?
"Magic Keeps Us Alive"

EllaMinnowPee
Settled in Forks

Post by EllaMinnowPee »

I would actually like to continue the story of Bella and Edward and all the Cullens. They aren't going to live in Forks forever; since they don't age they can't stay in one place for more than a few years. I'd love to read about them finding new places to live. Bella could go to college- several times over, if she wanted. She could join Edward and Alice and all the rest and masquerade as high school students again. They can explore different careers. They can travel all over the world. I'd also like to find out how they are going to raise Renesmee. She can't go to a regular school as she matures so quickly, and there are no schools for vampire/human hybrids. I doubt Renesmee will just marry Jacob after she reaches maturity without experiencing more of life- I'm sure Edward at least would insist she experience the half-human side of her life. Can you imagine the kind of education they can give to Renesmee, having all the time in the world to travel all over? Does Bella ever see her mom again? I'd like to explore Bella's relationship with her parents, as they age and eventually pass away, and she stays the same. That would be incredibly painful. Will Bella and Edward always have a separate cottage or will they move back in so they can all live under one roof again? Will Renesmee and Jacob go off on their own or will they stay with the Cullens? Would they be able to have children? If you have eternity, what would you do with it? It may make for a boring book for others, but I'd love to just read about the Cullens living happily without the constant threat of being hunted or killed.
renesmeecarlie
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by renesmeecarlie »

StarEmerson wrote:There is just so much she could write about! I am not even too keen on reading from others P.O.V to be honest, apart form the one we could have had. I think that would have been enough. Because after all it's Bella's story. No one elses. It would be like reading HP from Rons POV or Dumbldores, or Voldemorts. Overkill!

I would like Nessie's story in a few decades? What happens with her and Jacob? Nahuel? But it would be too sad to have them mention Bella and Edward. It is over now :cry:

It would be good if she wrote about the other vamps stories though. kinda like Anne Rice did with all hers.

Like Victoria or someone, how they became a vamp, and the story for them?

I am a huge HP fan so I get your point- but it would be VERY cool if she wrote a book from the POVs of the characters who have powers that ivolve the mind (Edward, Alice, Renesmee even)--I feel like their thought processes would be so complicated and fascinating...even if we only saw a few scenes from each of their points of view!

"Amazing", he said, his exquisite voice full of wonder, slightly amused.
"Carlisle was right."