General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Sequels

Post by oleander »

I am DEVASTATED that someone leaked the first 12 chapters of Midnight Sun and that she is considering not finishing it. I hope this is just a marketing ploy because I can't fathom not reading the book.

Even though Stephenie posted the leaked chapters on her site last night, i can't bring myself to read them...i feel dirty even thinking about them.

Good lord, Stephenie, please don't let this stop you from finishing!! We need Edward's POV! It was truly brilliant, the one chapter that I did read.
Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

^^^ I KNOW!!!! holy shoot....if she decided to not finish the book now i would cry. CRY! for days!!!! perhaps even months.

ugh i can't believe someone would ruin it for all of us. i really hope that stephenie meyer decides to continue it in spite of this setback. and i agree, even though it's there, i can't bring myself to read it. i guess i will one day if she really does decide to not finish it, but i'm really hoping against hope that that will not be the case. doesn't seem like a good sign that she put up a partial playlist though..i dunno. it literally makes me sick to my stomach to think about it not being finished....the knowledge that midnight sun was on the way made me be able to cope with the series ending in the first place.

i really hope SM for whatever reason reads this forum and sees how much it would mean to all of us if she continues.
Sam and Shel <3 --Twinnies Randomness Regular. Addicted to the Brothers <3
roxyrae
Settled in Forks

Post by roxyrae »

Tengo Nubs. wrote:^^^ I KNOW!!!! holy shoot....if she decided to not finish the book now i would cry. CRY! for days!!!! perhaps even months.

ugh i can't believe someone would ruin it for all of us. i really hope that stephenie meyer decides to continue it in spite of this setback. and i agree, even though it's there, i can't bring myself to read it. i guess i will one day if she really does decide to not finish it, but i'm really hoping against hope that that will not be the case. doesn't seem like a good sign that she put up a partial playlist though..i dunno. it literally makes me sick to my stomach to think about it not being finished....the knowledge that midnight sun was on the way made me be able to cope with the series ending in the first place.

i really hope SM for whatever reason reads this forum and sees how much it would mean to all of us if she continues.
I totally agree with you, I also cannot believe that anyone would do this to Stephenie! She trusted them with her unfinished manuscript and what do they do to her? I cannot believe it! Knowing that Midnight Sun was coming made it so I was OK with it ending at Breaking Dawn but now I'm really upset. I actually didn't even know about the leak until I went on her website which I have been checking to find the official release date of Midnight Sun because I am dying to read it. I also am not going to read the 12 chapters because first of all I feel wrong doing so and second of all I think it would make the wait even worse because I would only have half the book. It's really too bad that the deeds of the few punish the many and the talented author, the people who leaked it ruined it for all of us fans and I would imagine ruined the writing experience for SM as well.

I really hope that she continues, she is such a talented author and I know how much myself and everyone else wants Midnight Sun. I hope SM changes her mind one day (crossing my fingers that it will be sooner then later) because I cannot wait to buy it and have it with the rest of the Saga and The Host and to read it. I loved her first chapter and so I know that the whole novel will be amazing, I'm just hoping that one day she can finish it and publish it. If not then I guess I will break down and read it and keep in the back of my mind that it isn't the finished product and try not to get too disappointed when it is over.
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

I just got home from Borders with my SIL,they had Steph's statement printed and out on the table. I thought I was going to be sick. I was sooo excited 'casue I thought it was going to be a release date for MS...and then it was like a blow. I know I am waayyy too obsessed, but I felt so bad for her obvious pain over it. Poor Steph. I would rather wait for her to recover, than read a version she wasn't happy writing...but I would hate to never be able to read it at all.
I won't read the one she posted online.
Tragic, I tell ya.
I just wish people would use their heads...I mean c'mon! WWED!!!! (What Would Edward Do?)
(WWED wasn't geared toward you Steph, I wouldn't want you to tear them limb from limb!) :)

We're all going to be ok, we're all going to be OK :)
spagirlval
Settled in Forks

Post by spagirlval »

MOD EDIT: Please let's stop feeding the troll. ~ Nena

Wow, that's pretty harsh. I don't think she is doing this for attention. I'm sure she gets more than she wants to begin with. This was her work, her art, her baby to say. She can be pissed and she can say whatever she wants. I don't want her to write it while being so upset. Your feelings always show in anything you do, say, write. It wouldn't be the same Edward if she did. Who knows it may never be. :cry:
[
tricia
Learning to Love Green

Post by tricia »

i feel so bad for her. She must feel so violated. Writing is so personal and to have something put out there when she isn't ready for that.

There was HUGE guilt on my half but i did read it. It is her best yet. I actually cried at my computer in a half dozen places.

Please Steph, please don't let this stop you. I understand so much more about Twilight now from reading this. It really is the best one yet. Some of the best parts are yet to come... i want to know what is in his mind when he finally kisses her, when she is touching his arm in the meadow, when she is begging for immortality. I want to know what he thinks of her mother. I want to hear what Esme says to Edward when she first meets Bella. I want to hear the reasons behind and what he thinks of all those questions he asks bella in 13.

The first chapter has been out there for a while... it was a tease, it made you want more.. but the first 12 chapters!!!! it is sheer torture to not be able to read the rest.
Last edited by tricia on Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world."

And, by the way, I adore you... in frightening, dangerous ways.
MySpaceHeater
Settled in Forks

Post by MySpaceHeater »

I would love New Moon, Eclipse and the rest of Breaking Dawn from Jcobs POV :D Same with Edward. And something from Alice's. Me and my friend were disscussing this earlier aswell... Twilight from James' POV. I thought that could be really interesting :)
"Who's afraid of the big, bad wolf?"
"I don't have any leeches on my speed dial."
"You should've seen his face when I started taking my clothes off, though. Priceless."
"Sure sure."

Ren-who? Jacob's mine
ashleygill03
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ashleygill03 »

I think that it was implied in Breaking Dawn that the Volturi conflict would escalate again sometime in the future. I think that it would be natural that the Volturi would go back to Italy to lick their wounds, regroup, find new vampires with special abilities and come back to retaliate. I think the series could continue exactly where it left off.
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

I'd like to hear more about Seth. He was such a sweet and genuine character...it would be interesting to see how his future unfolds.
My Heartlight
Settled in Forks

Post by My Heartlight »

The first time I read the first chapter of Midnight Sun, I feel absolutely in love with it. it's like one of the greatest disspointments of my life that she is putting it on hold. I don't know how long that might mean to her, but from my experience as a writer, that means probably never. Why did she have to stop just because it leaked? I understand why she's devasteated and all that, but she can't just stop!!! To me, Twilight is the best book in the world and I have always thought Midnight Sun would be even better, as if that were possible. There's so much to see from Edward's point of view. I can't even begin to say. I, too am going to cry over this, I can't believe it. She shouldn't just let one dirty person ruin it for her, all of us are counting on her. This is unbelievable.
~*You are my life now*~