General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Forgiven
Settled in Forks

Re: Breaking Dawn-I liked it

Post by Forgiven »

I loved it. I think I can vouch for a couple people, that NOTHING happened as expected, which is wonderful. From her baby, to her transfermation, to the Volturi hunting her down (at which I nearly flatlined). I loved her "power" which just suits her so well. Overall to me . . . this and Twilight were the best books. I was just.... left wanting more.
I've got your back if you've got my hand
redlips
Learning to Love Green

Post by redlips »

I did like it, although there were a heap of little things that annoyed me:

- How could nobody die in the confrontation between the Volturi and the Cullens and co. ? Surely somone would have snapped...

- The name Renesmee. Who would name their child that?

- Bella just happened to be able to control herself, and not act like a normal newborn. What's with that?

- The whole thing with Charlie, where he accepted all this weird stuff, and didn't even know what was going on.

There are a few other things that I can't remember right now, but otherwise I really liked it. Mostly because of Edward, I think.

I don't mind about Jacob and Renesmee. But then again, when I reread it a few times, i might change my mind.

I thought it was good to see a few different relationships.
Major Redlips, Sergeant Major of Jasper's Confederate Army,
I'm suffering from OCD: Obsessive Cullen Disorder
Team Jasper: Because everything is bigger in Texas
ISufferBloodLust
Settled in Forks

Post by ISufferBloodLust »

I loved it so much. To me it was the second most enjoyable read of the four (I'm partial to falling in love with Edward in the first book). It was so entertaining when Bella was a vampire. It felt to me like we were finally getting that inside scoop into the Cullens life and there was so much there that we didn't know before. While reading it's like I could feel what she was going through, it was an awesome experience. The story came to life, it was vivid and wild and unexpected, maybe a little drawn out, but overall an awesome ride for the imagination at no mistake.
AliceC
Learning to Love Green

Post by AliceC »

Aww,
I loved it.
Everything is so unexpected, and yay for everyone being alive at the end of the book!
Except for Irina, but I never knew her well anyway.

I can understand why everyone is mad at the ending,
sure, I think it would have been a bit more intriguing if there was some action
and some of the extra characters were killed off.

It seemed like that would have been a perfect opportunity.

Anywho, I love Renesmee, and I love jacobs chapter titles,
and I love that Bella was changed.

I love the book ; )

You. Are. Not. Leaving. Me. - Ian O'Shea
Jazziscool
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jazziscool »

I loved Breaking Dawn!!!
I thought Renesme(wrong spelling) was awsome. Some people wished there was no happy ending, but if it was ME, I can just imagine me reading the part where everyone dies. I can see myself getting angry, then throwing the book on the wall, and finally declaring I hate the book. Because I CAN'T STAND unhappy endings. :o So then i'd tear the book apart, and end up buying another to replace for my friend's copy that I previously destroyed. So it's a good thing there was a happy ending. :lol:

Also, seriously, I thinnk we should start a topic about Team Jasper, but I don't know how. He is soooooo cool.

Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Supervisor of the DBJ:Donating Blood to Jasper & Co.
Morning Sun
Settled in Forks

Post by Morning Sun »

I loved Breaking Dawn....!!!! I did not enjoy the Jacob section as much but I was so relieved that Bella has only feelings for Edward now and can consider Jacob just being her best friend. I did not really like the whole Jacob story in Eclipse. But BD is awesome. Bella finally a vampire....and can fully enjoy her life with Edward now :mrgreen:

I love the twists in the story too.

My favourite book is still Twilight but followed soon by BD.
bella_love3
Learning to Love Green

Post by bella_love3 »

i love breaking dawn. the begin in Bella's story flew very fast and the wedding and honeymoon were exciting. Jacob's story was a little slow but i suprisingly really liked it. I was a little disappointed because i thought maybe jacob and leah would end up together but Jacob imprinting on Renesmee left a funny conflict for the last third of the book. the last third was equally as slow as jacob's i feel but just as interesting.

my only complaint: i still want more!
Mrs.Levine<3sB&E
Settled in Forks

Post by Mrs.Levine<3sB&E »

I more than liked BD! I couldn't put it down, I saw 3am three nights in a row! They honeymoon and the "sex" scene were great. I was a little thrown when Bella ended up pregnant but it was the perfect way for Bella to end up a vampire. Book three might give Twilight a run for its money! I am still rereading chapters 19-24!! Reading NEW was like Christmas morning - I was "opening" the gift I had been wanting since Twilight! When Bella was giving Nessie to Jacob when she believed they were going to die... I couldn't see! Having a toddler and baby made this scene so hard to read, I kept asking myself if I could have let my babies go... I wished there had been more "moments" between Bella and Edward. Now that they could really be with one another I wanted there to be more romantic, intimate moments shared between to the two of them. The ending was perfect! I wish we could have heard more of what Edward thought about her memories!! :lol: Loved every minute of this series! I have passed on Twilight to my BF to read - and I'm actually jealous that she is getting to read it for the first time! lol I want to be able to have that feeling again.... Thank you SM!!
"Do you think I'll ever get better at this? I wondered, mostly to myself. "That my heart might someday stop trying to jump out of my chest whenever you touch me?" "I really hope not" he said, a bit smug. - New Moon
slayerchick303
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by slayerchick303 »

I loved it! I didn't initially know that it was supposed to be the final book in the Twilight Saga. I feel like the book ended at a point where the plot is supposed to "thicken." I kind of felt like It was leading-up to a fifth book, but I guess not. Maybe Stephenie Meyer will change her mind! I can't wait for Midnight Sun to come out though. I hope she rewrites the entire series from Edward's perspective. I think the series from Alice's would be neat as well. Or, doing a sequel series from Rennesme's perspective would be very cool and very interesting. I think that a prequel from Carlisle perspective would be interesting as well.
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
EternalLove
Settled in Forks

Post by EternalLove »

Breaking Dawn was beyond brilliant. It was so different from what I expected, and ended up being perfect. It was such a relief to finally be able to get into the view of a vampire! It helped me to understand some of the things the rest of them did in previous books. And Renesmee was a great addition to the story. I was dumbfounded when Bella found out she was pregnant because I didn't even consider he fact that vampires could have babies, but I think Renesmee contributed a lot to the happy ending because she really made them a family. Very cute :D
I had never seen anything more beautiful... It did not matter if he did not want me. I would never want anything but him no matter how long I lived