General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
NolitaFairytale
Wandering Through Town

Re: Breaking Dawn-I liked it

Post by NolitaFairytale »

I loved Breaking Dawn. I mean, it was different from the other three books in the series, but it was different in a good way. There were so many amazing plot twists! Jacob's perspective was really interesting, I felt I understood him better after reading it.

Proud member of the I <3 Gustavo and his Flowing Portuguese Association.
pixiealice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by pixiealice »

At first I was really upset with the book. But then after getting to Jacobs POV, I started to "get it". I am normally very good at predicting storylines, and SM completely fooled me! I think I took it a little personally at first, then applauded her for "getting me" The best books out there are books that are unpredictable. Loved it! Sure there were parts I went huh? to, but I never laughed so much in any of her other books!! I am a diehard Edward lover, but Jacob stole a piece of my heart this time around. The introduction of the other vampires thrilled me-I know a lot of people didn't like that, but hello!! new characters to develop!! Seth and Leah...awesome. LOVED IT!!!
chrissaay
Settled in Forks

Post by chrissaay »

i absolutely loved breaking dawn.. i just don't think i can be critical about it.
the ending was awesome, i definitely didn't expect edward ever to be able to read bella's thoughts!
watson547
Settled in Forks

Post by watson547 »

I really liked Breaking Dawn. I did think it was a lot different from the first three books, but different in a good way. I liked how Nessie was added and Bella and Edward had their happy ending. I'm also happy Jacob had a happy ending because I think he's a pretty cool guy, just not when he's with Bella.
Mary Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Mary Cullen »

Breaking Dawn was really good. I couldn't put it down. I'm sad to see the saga come to an end.

But I really liked how Stephanie gave everyone a happy ending. I'm a sucker for a happy ending. I loved the unexpected twist of Jacob imprinting on Renesmee. Who would have thought of that?!?!

I think what I'm just most excited about is that Edward and Bella were going to finally able to be together forever.
dwheeler12
Settled in Forks

Post by dwheeler12 »

I LOVED Breaking Dawn as soon as I picked it up it was imposible to set down ! The only thing that I realy didnt like about it was Bella didnt have a clue what was going on half the time. It was just her and edward in
la la land it would have been beter if you could know what was happening outside the cullen family and the pack.
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

It took me a second time reading through to really come to love it. The first time, I liked it, but while I was commentaing the book and reading (My friend threatend to duct tape my mouth), there was a lot of "What the crap! How can that happen?!?" and "Oh heck no!". For a few hours, it didn't feel like SM's style. But after I read it a second time, I sould see the original style peeking through, and everything made sense. An excellent book, definately my favorite of them all.
It never goes on my shelves, I'm always pulling it out to read parts. Its loved!
erin l
Settled in Forks

Post by erin l »

I really liked it... for me it was completely satisfying. After reading Eclipse, I was heartbroken for Jacob; I couldn't see how it would end happily for him because I knew Bella and Edward should end up together. And WOW, who could have seen what was coming!?!? That's actually the main thing I love about Ms. Meyer's writing... she's never predictable. She always takes you where you could never imagine and it's always a better journey than you could ever expect it to be!
hazelred
Settled in Forks

Post by hazelred »

i truly liked and adored it!
im predisposed to like the latest books in a series anyway, just because of all we've learned about the characters and all they've been through and how they've changed because of it.
i dont think that Breaking Dawn could have turned out to be anything different, of course i would have loved book 3 to be longer, but oh well :D
hec, this book made me fall in love with jacob a little bit, and thats an achievement!
to sum up i adored it and it kinda hurts a little to hear it being bashed so, cant help personal opinions though

bb
xxx
Edward, Jasper, and Garrett my own personal holy trinity ;)
lovelyangel126
Settled in Forks

Post by lovelyangel126 »

I loved it :D There were things I didn't expect to happen, like Bella being pregnant and Jacob imprinting on her child, but overall it was awsome :D

:( I really want a sequel to it though... I'm thirsty for more! :D