General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Puppy_cakes
Settled in Forks

Re: Breaking Dawn-I'm in the middle about it

Post by Puppy_cakes »

I can never understand why people don't like the book, and this is why: Bella had a baby! I could never imagine giving up the chance to be a mother for love (even edwardslove!) Because I might not get to be one (it was n accident with Birth Control, its up in the air right now, but thankfully there arebeautiful babies that need to be adopted!) So, Thatmad me SO happy. I hated that she was gonna give that up just to be with Edward. But when she got pregant she realised that there is at least one person in this world thatshe could love more than edward. She was giving up an eternitywith him to bring a beautiful hing i this world. I cried!

Anyways, It was a little to clean at the end. The only bad that happened was that Leah future is unclear. (And she is so bad Why are we talking about a donkey?...and a HOTTIE!)
Help Me Find the Godiva Twilight Chocolate! I looking EVERYWHERE! I need to serve it at the Twilight Movie premiere party! Whatkind of hostess would I be? Thanks!
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

I'm sorry guys, I'm going to have to love ya and leave ya - I entered a post here a while ago - i think pretty much straight after it came out and i finished it - but i just re-read it and I am so sorry but I have gone to the dark side...oooh...nah just to "I liked it"..I know you're not suppose to go in two and I am sorry, but intense thinking during subjects at school i probably should've been paying attention to and reading it again changed my mind. i loved it this time.
I am not saying you should all love it just because I did but carry on with your completely awesome opinions about this wondeful (and not so wonderful for some of you) book :D

PS Everyone is awesome :D
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
AliceLove
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by AliceLove »

Ouisa wrote:Breaking Dawn has been really challenging for me. I've read it three times now and I'm still not sure how I feel about it.

I definitely agree. There was a lot to love, Jacob's part, all the lovey-stuff, Renesmee, Bella's experience as a newborn... etc.

But sometimes I just felt like a whole bunch was stuffed in and some of the ways the characters behaved was... not in character.

Jacob imprinting on Nessie was sort of wierd for me... I mean, he loved her MOM and now it's like OK I'm over your mom now. In 6.5 years, will you marry me? *Shudders*

I liked that everything worked out in the end... but there wasn't really any major conflict... just building up to the scary Volturi part... then nothing happens.

But, whatever, we still love SM and the whole series!

Thanks ilovetwilight!
X-X-Burn-It-Down-X-X
Wandering Through Town

Post by X-X-Burn-It-Down-X-X »

I'm in the middle, why? right, the beginning, i loved it, the marriage, the honeymoon, but then DUN DUN DUN Bella's pregnant. I'm just not a kid person, i guess that's why i didn't like it. Anyway it happened all too quick for my taste, one second they're married the next Bella's giving birth to a Vampire child. One twist i did love about the book though was Jacob's point of view, to hear from Bella's point of view for over 1000's pages/3 books was i must admit a bit annoying after a while, it was that kind of thing that if you hang around with someone too long they become annoying, so Jacob's (apart from the fact i love him!) point of view was like a break, and i loved the whole pack thing! :) Then Bella was practically dying with Renesmee (sorrry, but i love the name) whilst she was pregnant, and it was quite annoying not knowing what was going on in her head, so there were alot of pros and cons about Jacob's pov but overal i loved that part! :)
When Bella 'died' giving birth, i almost cried :P that was awful, i didn't like that twist, at all. But then she transformed! (like.. finally) I found the whole process, where she's describing the pain fascinating, but after she'd fully changed, i felt like i couldn't relate to her anymore, and also she had a child so i really couldn't relate to her at all, That's the only thing i really disliked about the book. I love Renesmee, and i thought the whole Jacob imprinting on her thing was awesome! freaky... sorta... but awesome! i think she's adorable, but i felt like the book was focused on her, instead of Edward and Bella's love, and Bella kinda replaced Edward in a way, all of sudden after 2 years she'd thrown Edward in the corner because she had a new toy is kinda how i felt :? But still i think Renesmee is amazing, just too perfect for my liking :P just i don't see how anyone could be more perfect than the Cullens xD
The whole Volturi thing was amazing! i loved every second of it, even though it was basically all about Nessie (again...) it was stil really cool! and i loved how we got introduced to loads of new charaters! :) I thought the ending was sweet, but kinda... I don't know... average. I was expecting an incredible ending but instead i got one that I could have wrote :P but I still loved it! :)

Sorry it was so long :P
It's not faith if you use your eyes.
tsvety
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by tsvety »

OK so I'll have to join the 'in the middle about it' team. I've only read the book once so maybe I'm deciding too soon, but anyhow that's that :D

I really liked most of the book, of course. It was amazing, but still it wasn't as unputdownable(I have no idea how to spell that :mrgreen: ) as the other 3 books, especially Twilight. I mean, while Bella was pregnant nothing was happening...Everything was like frozen or something. And then when Bella changed I felt really bad when she could barely remember her human life, because it was so awesome. All the breathtaking moments for her and her feelings about Edward's perfection etc etc - forgotten! I just didn't like that at all :( And then the way she was hurting while she was pregnant and then she died! That was quite a shock....

Then again I loved the Isle Esme part and then Jacob's POV part and little Renesmee was adorable! And while reading the last chapter when she was showing Edward her hazy memories I actually bawled my eyes out! I couldn't stop crying for 15 minutes or something. It was amazing! I liked most of it, but still I think the first 3 books were better ;)

Lina
~Lina
*I'm on The List.* *The name's Pancakes* ^^
Image ^awesome banner by Narnia^
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

I'm just done reading breaking dawn. And I really got freaked out with the pregnancy thing in the first half. It really was horror to me. Something growing inside you that wants to destroy you? Sounds more like late night movies to me.
Anyway, I thought Breaking Dawn was like a piling up from so many things. Like Stephenie wanted to trow to many things together in this final book to make everybody happy.
And in that way going to rush about things.

1. I did not feel any family love. Bella and the love of her eternity had a child together, a family. I did not feel any motherhood or faterhood. Even if she is a vampire, she must have feelings, doubts about being a good mother, etc.
2. I wanted to know much more about Bella being a vampire. She waited three books to become one, this is what we anticipated. And we hear almost nothing about it. Not really at the least.

I really loved the beginning of the book. Edward and Bella just being together, enjoying their romance. For my Renesmee was a bit to far streached. I think Stephenie had enough of story for a 4th book with the 'becoming a vampire and the struggles and stuff like that' without the whole weird baby thing.

So I'm definitly in the middle. I loved some parts, really, but at the same time I'd really like to see it different. There are sooooo many things I miss in the last book. So many details, emotions, struggles.
For me the Renesmee thing was to much to putt in one book together with the becoming vampire thing. I defenitly wanted more about that.
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

Lieziewiezie wrote:I'm just done reading breaking dawn. And I really got freaked out with the pregnancy thing in the first half. It really was horror to me. Something growing inside you that wants to destroy you? Sounds more like late night movies to me.
Anyway, I thought Breaking Dawn was like a piling up from so many things. Like Stephenie wanted to trow to many things together in this final book to make everybody happy.
And in that way going to rush about things.

1. I did not feel any family love. Bella and the love of her eternity had a child together, a family. I did not feel any motherhood or faterhood. Even if she is a vampire, she must have feelings, doubts about being a good mother, etc.
2. I wanted to know much more about Bella being a vampire. She waited three books to become one, this is what we anticipated. And we hear almost nothing about it. Not really at the least.

I really loved the beginning of the book. Edward and Bella just being together, enjoying their romance. For my Renesmee was a bit to far streached. I think Stephenie had enough of story for a 4th book with the 'becoming a vampire and the struggles and stuff like that' without the whole weird baby thing.

So I'm definitly in the middle. I loved some parts, really, but at the same time I'd really like to see it different. There are sooooo many things I miss in the last book. So many details, emotions, struggles.
For me the Renesmee thing was to much to putt in one book together with the becoming vampire thing. I defenitly wanted more about that.
i felt nearly the same way, while i loved that edward and bella had a pretty little girl.. i thought it was a bit of a stretch considering vampires and there no children thing.
i wish it was more detailed on bella as a vampire although i did get enough to realize she was so much different then human bella.. while human bella i pictured a pretty girl kind of plain, but still pretty.. and then with vampire bella i pictured a graceful supermodel like bella..
i still really loved the book.. i know you just finished but i had to read it 3 times before i was content with being in the middle about it
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
twilightfan22
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightfan22 »

Ok. Well first of all I would like to thanks Stephenie for writing such a great series and I only wish there was more!!!!

The reason I am posting this in the IM IN THE MIDDLE ABOUT IT section as oppose to I LIKED IT was because; much as i enjoyed it and still found it a fantastic read, it was not my favourite in the series (mind you; it takes a lot to follow up such great books and I do think she did the best she could with the plot)

Unlike some, i had no problem with the general plot and really found it clever. i do not agree with people who say Bella getting pregnant is far-fetched. I mean...if you are reading a book about vampires of course it would be unrealistic. But in the situation, the technacalities of Bella getting pregnant works.

I really liked book one. It took a bit of getting used to at the start of book 2 because i just wanted to know what was happening with Bella and I hated feeling too sorry for Jacob as it made me feel bad because, much as I love Jake, I hate the thought of ANYONE getting in between Bella and Edward's perfect relationship.

It was Book 3 where things started to get a little pear shaped for me this is why:

Renesmee was a cute idea but it just upset me a bit that Renesmee was suddenly intruding on Edward and Bella's love. Bella is not supposed to love anyone more than Edward and suddenly Renesmee is the most important. I understand, of course, that that is usually what happens when you have kids but I thought it took away some of the romance. However I am very happy thath Jacob imprinted on Renesmme because it cleared everything with Jacob up in the nicest way and was a great twist. I also liked that Jacob, Belle and Edward were happy againg when Jacob imprinted (after Bella and Edward got used to the idea) As mentioned before, i hated to see Jacob upset but i didn't want Bella to ditch Edward (the horror!) so it was good. I don't think it is wierd that Jacob loves Renesmee when he kissed and "had a thing" for her mum because thats just the reality of immortality. Technically Edward should be an old man and we have no problem with Edward and Bella being togethor!!! (Edward could've fallen in love with Bella's grandma!!!!)

In a way it upset me that when Bella became a vampire she was no longer clumsy and delicate and in awe of Alice's speed and Edward's strentgh. I liked how Edward always had to be careful with Bella and how Emmett laughed fondly when Bella fell over and had all her "human problems!". I always wanted Bella to become a vampire because the suspense was killing me and Bella COULD NOT outgrow Edward!!! But she was no longer juggling the normal world with fantasy which is the best part of the book. It was simply - the world of vampires full stop. Then again how could Stephenie please me on this matter coz if she just ended the book with Edward biting Bella (which could've been good) I would probably explode with questions...Did Bella kill anyone? How did she cope with losing Charlie? Did her thirst distract her from Edward? What is her extra talent?????

One more point that annoyed me a bit was the fact that there were no major losses. Okay, that makes me sound really dark and of course I would hate that any Cullen member of werewolf would die; but I just think if there was a bit more that went wrong it would be more realistic. There was so much angst going up to the fight and no bad casaulties. Neither Edward, Bella (or the reader in my case) felt too strongly about Irina's death and I think maybe if a wereworlf died (perhaps Jared; i couldnt handle if it was Seth, Jacob or any Cullen member) it would be a bit more realistic. Like in Harry Potter; Fred died, although it was really upsetting it was more realistic as what are the odds of everyone the reader cares about survives in a thriller like Twilight or Harry Potter? That was just a small point and although i do think it would've made the book a bit better; I can live with Bella's happy ending left intact!!!!

Ok so those are a couple of flaws i personally felt. This is just me being picky and my opinion and all in all - I really did love the book and compared to every other it is amazing, i read it in a day and a half...just for Twilight standard it wasn't the best in the series but I really don't think that Stephenie could've done much better...she made the book as amazing as you can with a difficult (but brilliant) plot and I really think she did not dissapoint!!!

Well done STephenie!
EdwardNJessi
Learning to Love Green

Post by EdwardNJessi »

Hey everyone! I'm a newbie to the board, but I thought it would be easiest to express how I feel about each book. I have very very very high hopes for "Breaking Dawn." I had completely devoured the first three books and I was waiting patiently...well, actually IMpatiently...to see whether or not Bella would become a vampire. The first 2/3 of the book was terrific. It satisfied every little craving I had for the story: marriage, sex, becoming a vampire, getting to read about her transition to the immortal life and what she experiences, etc. I absolutely LOVED that Stephanie brought in so many characters toward the end. The problem is, I wanted to learn more about them!! I couldn't believe that she had widened her "Twilight" world so much and was going to leave it so soon. But, once Stephanie quenched my thirst on all of these issues, I realized there were only 100 pages left in the book!!! I thought to myself, "Could it really be ending this soon?" This is why I'm "in the middle." I just feel like there is so much unfinished business!!

One of the things I loved most about "Breaking Dawn" was Jacob's book. I was fascinated with seeing the story through his eyes. Don't get me wrong, I am Team Edward, but having Jacob tell part of the story made me relate to him a little more. I was rooting for him a bit toward the end. I also understand why Stephanie had him explain the most devastating parts of the book. Can you imagine what it would have been like if we had read about Bella's pregnancy through BELLA'S eyes??? That would have been horrifying!!!

I also LOVED the chapter when Bella woke up as a vampire. Love, Love Loved Stephanie's description of the whole experience. That was what I was waiting for this time, and she did it perfectly!

Here is my last thought...and another reason why I am in the middle. Part of me wanted this book to be a tragedy. Let me give you another take on the ending. What if the Volturi attacked, Jacob went off with Renesme, ane Bella stayed with Edward to fight?? What if...at the end, Bella holds Edward, lets him see inside her head (like they do in Stephenie's version), ans shows him everything she ever remembered and feels about him. I think Stephenie could do that perfectly. Then, after this climax, the confirmation of their love and expression of relief that they are together in one life, they are killed by the Volturi. Romeo and Juliet-style. What do you think??? Part of me thinks that would have been great. Part of me agree with how Stephenie interpreted it....all in all, I am SO happy with how the book turned out. I just keep on wanting more!!!!

xoxox
Jess

S
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

okay. i've been thinking about what im gonna say on this for a while now.

REASONS I LIKED IT:

it was definitely the funniest book in the series - jacob and rosalie were the best plus 'why am i covered in feathers?'
there were heaps of new vampires.
it was a happy ending.
it had edward, aro and jacob in it.
it had a happy ending
stephenie wrote edward and bellas first time doing it really well.

REASONS I DIDNT LIKE IT

i thought there was way too much focus on nessie and not enough on edward and bella as a couple. i mean the whole rest of the series was all edward/bella edward/bella (and jacob/bella) - and then halfway through the LAST BOOK comes this absolutely major crucial character that suddenly bella seems to care more about than the love of her life and hurts HIM to save HER? its annoying.

also i thought that apart from the jokes jacobs part was too much doom and gloom (even though that was obviously what it needed te be in that part) and the birth of nessie was way too vivid. the pregnancy chapter was too long. it was good to see from someone elses perspective.

and then edward and bella with a blackout every night - i mean, WITH RENESMEE IN THE NEXT ROOM?? she better be a heavy sleeper. :?

reading jacobs POV made me seriously depressed

charlie's reaction was WAY too calm. After how often he's been curious about what Bella's doing, he finds out she's best friends with a wolf, married to some . . . thing and turned into a ghosty thing . . . and he says not to tell him anything?
i know it's a fantasy but, really.

and the ending was resolved too perfectly - i wanted a fight!!! pleeaase! fight ! fight! fight!
i didnt care for irina so her dying didn't seem bad. (but i did want a happy ending)

but all in all . . .

IT WAS PRETTY GOOD. :mrgreen:
Last edited by bite_me on Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?