Made fun of for liking Twilight?

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Do People think you are crazy when you talk about Twilight?

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

Dude, we came back from Thanksgiving break today, and it was the first day back since the movie went out, and EVERYONE was talking about it. I was like, No way, this is going to get so overrated. Go read the books before (or at least after, come on) you talk about how awesome it is...but then I was like, Okay, this is kind of cool. Didn't I tell you Twilight was awesome?
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
LadyViolet
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LadyViolet »

o heck yea my bf shakes his head at my whenever i say anything remotely twilight-related. my sister threatens me quite severely if i mention twilight and is getting more annoyed every time i say "dang" in an american accent :lol:
*Does crazy dance with vampire penguin*
I'm staying!!!
I'm on The List :D
Jess & Rach - Valek's girls ;)
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

yeah my boyfriend has actually told me I can't talk about Twilight (especially Edward) anymore! :lol: As if my obsession can be confined. HA. He'll just have to deal. He actually liked the movie, so that's a plus.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen
Learning to Love Green
Location: In our cottage with Edward "baking", wile Esme babysits Carlie.

Post by Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen »

My niece is a fan but not like I am. I got obsessed with Harry Potter but I didn't fall in love with Harry, I fell in love with Edward so I have to read, hear, or talk about him and the series everyday. I got my friends daugter to start reading Twilight and she seemes to like it. Also a girl at church stated reading the series and is obsessed too. SHe went to watch the movie the day it came out and was finishing Breaking Dawn the week after. I told her to call me when she got to the exiting part and tell me what she thought or if she got confused. She called me and I clarified a couple of things for her that she didn't get. I still haven't talked to her since but she said that she was exited and that she liked it. My husband knows how obsessive I can get he survived my Harry Potter phase and is kind of dealing with this one but he knows is diferent because I know bite him on the neck all time and he calls me his vampire which I secretly love. And I sometimes call him my Jacob because of his copper skin and dark eyes, but when he does something sweet I call him my Edward. So he knows that this obsession is diferent than the other.I consider myself very sane I don't know how others consider me. What can I say my world is a Twilight world everyone else just lives here.
Twilight for life
Banner by "'twahy-lahyt'" aka Shel!
Thanks Shel your amazing!!!
alice_is_my_homegirl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by alice_is_my_homegirl »

YES!!!! One of my friends who wanted me to read it regrets that she did because now I apparently I don't shut up about it.
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901!
Amanda
Settled in Forks

Post by Amanda »

Yes. Very much so. In my Language Arts class we are actually studying Twilight(My new favorite class). I know way more than anyone in my class about it, and my teacher calls me "The little Twilight expert". We only had one test so far (Of course I got a 100), and I finished last because I was writing a way-too-long response to the question "Describe Edward's appearance". I even wrote about his fingers. :lol: I know somewhere in Twilight there is a sentence about his long white fingers ripping apart a bagel...
clariissaa
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by clariissaa »

Amanda wrote:Yes. Very much so. In my Language Arts class we are actually studying Twilight(My new favorite class). I know way more than anyone in my class about it, and my teacher calls me "The little Twilight expert". We only had one test so far (Of course I got a 100), and I finished last because I was writing a way-too-long response to the question "Describe Edward's appearance". I even wrote about his fingers. :lol: I know somewhere in Twilight there is a sentence about his long white fingers ripping apart a bagel...
You're reading Twilight for class! Oh. You're so lucky. I rather do that than read poems. =D
klili2
Wandering Through Town

Post by klili2 »

I try to only talk about it to my husband (who just listens and smiles). He is pretty understanding but I am afraid if I talk to others they will think I am nuts. I know I am totally obsessed.

klili
Thanks emaleth!
AliceLove
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by AliceLove »

none of my friends are as obessesed as i am. one of my friends always laughs at me when i start blabbing about the books, and she is under the strange impression that edward has a huge mole on his face... :D

Thanks ilovetwilight!
emily19
Settled in Forks

Post by emily19 »

hahahaha yes
My friend rolls her eyes and says "this is going to be another vampire thing isn't it". It used to be worse but i made all the rest of my friends read it and they get it now. My mother thinks im crazy.