Made fun of for liking Twilight?

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
GoldEyesSilentHeart
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Do People think you are crazy when you talk about Twilight?

Post by GoldEyesSilentHeart »

Lol, yeah, but she teaches seventh grade. I'm in the eighth....Lol.
I'll be your star if you'll be my sky.
I'll be your Bella if you'll be my Edward.
I'll be your forever if you'll be my everything.
&&Heartsss
Leah
Settled in Forks

Post by Leah »

A few days before I had a really bad moment like this.
I was so mad about the midnight sun thing and in exactly that moment a friend came over. I couldn't help but tell her what happened.
And when I had finished she looked at me as if questionig my sanity and was like:
"So what? It won't get published. It's just a book."
I was like :shock:
She started ignoring my complaints for the rest of the day.
Persephonie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Persephonie »

My husband and I talk about the story and the characters all the time.
I can't believe everyone here is "crazy" so... whoever has a problem with us doing that is obviously in the wrong as far as I'm concerned.... *hehe*
Sophie Cullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by Sophie Cullen »

Ever since my Dad started reading Twilight (yes, I convinced him. Well, my Mom helped me. Actually, he's on New Moon now.), he's had to put up with me going crazy every time he mentions what part he's at. I ask him every day and then I launch into a love rant about Edward or Jacob. Yeah, I think he's starting to think I'm crazy. ^_^ At the same time, he's lucky. He's one of those Dads that won't have to worry about his daughter hooking up with some guy. She's too obsessed with Edward Cullen!! Ha!
~Supporting Stephenie Meyer 100% Of The Way~
~Midnight Sun Virgin~
CullenWannaB
Settled in Forks

Post by CullenWannaB »

Absolutely! Only because that is all I ever talk about. Even if we are talking about cheesecake or something random like that somehow I end up talking Twilight. It drives my husband nuts.
Yes I want a "Cold One" and I am not talking about a drink.
Aline Mason
Settled in Forks

Post by Aline Mason »

My sister(s), best friend(the one who has only read twilight), my mom, my dad, and anyone who knows me knows not to mention anything that I could make a connection to the series otherwise I'll be talking about it until( and sometimes after) I'm asleep. The only comfort I take is that I have a friend just as obsessed as me :D
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

YES!!!!!!! Whenever I say just one little thing about Twilight like less than 72 days until the movie or anything like that my friend just rolls her eyes and she's like you have a problem get a hobby. I am like that it my hobby. So yeah everyone in school knows I am obsessed because I have a bag that says vampire baseball league on it and edward 01 on the back (I know awesome =]) And I have all the shirts from hot topic. But I only have one other friend who is obsessed and she always gets it when I quote the book in a normal conversation. I tried to get my friends to read it but they are like I'll just see the movie and I want to scream you HAVE TO READ THE BOOK TO GET THE FULL EXPERIENCE. Ah it's so frustrating because I can only vent on here where ppl think I'm normal.
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
Aline Mason
Settled in Forks

Post by Aline Mason »

edward x lover wrote:YES!!!!!!! Whenever I say just one little thing about Twilight like less than 72 days until the movie or anything like that my friend just rolls her eyes and she's like you have a problem get a hobby. I am like that it my hobby. So yeah everyone in school knows I am obsessed because I have a bag that says vampire baseball league on it and edward 01 on the back (I know awesome =]) And I have all the shirts from hot topic. But I only have one other friend who is obsessed and she always gets it when I quote the book in a normal conversation. I tried to get my friends to read it but they are like I'll just see the movie and I want to scream you HAVE TO READ THE BOOK TO GET THE FULL EXPERIENCE. Ah it's so frustrating because I can only vent on here where ppl think I'm normal.
think you're normal? Here, you practically ARE normal
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

I'm not so sure I'm not crazy!!!!

Yes, everyone probably thinks "she's talking about reading and that dang book again!" but no one says anything to my face... but I know it.

My best friends 15 year old daughter and my hairdresser intoduced Twilight to me this August....

Yep... probably crazy... but enjoying it really, to be honest.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
porscheturbo911
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by porscheturbo911 »

The funniest thing is that when I talk about Edward in front of my family, my brother always asks me if I know that he's fictional. =P