General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: For XY Only, TAKE 2!

Post by gamb1t »

FF rocked btw. Finished it about a week ago. GoW 3 is amazing as well to those who haven' t had a chance to play it yet. The critics who said the game was too much like the other 2 are wrong in 2 ways: 1) This game is much more fluid than the other 2 and the graphics are probably the best out for the ps3...and 2) So what if it is the same, GoW rocks!

The new splinter cell game was alright. The storyline was awesome; however, the game was SO short. I'm currently waiting for the Halo:Reach beta to come out here in a bout a week and a half (GOING TO BE AWESOME!)
ImageImageImageImage
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Ringswraith said:
Word of advice? Don't sell anything.
Don't worry bud, I never do.
The only thing I ever sold in any FF game were master All materias in FF7, and that was only way later in the game when I had about 8 of them, and needed tons of money to feed my chocobos to raise their stats.
Thanks though, I will definitely not sell anything now.
Much Love,
~Codaniel~
AKA
SenorGimp
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

So what is the XY's take on the new eclipse trailer? To be honest, I was blown away. I knew DS would do a good job because of his past movies (30 days of night was amazing; and also, he did a movie a few years ago that is called Hard Candy...which I would highly recommend).
ImageImageImageImage
HarryTuttle
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by HarryTuttle »

I can't wait either and i saw his last two movies, he is the right guy for Eclipse.

I also finished God of War 3 and it was awesome like the last 2. The new Clash of the Titans movie felt more like GOW as a movie than the original 1981 classic.
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

HarryTuttle wrote:I can't wait either and i saw his last two movies, he is the right guy for Eclipse.

I also finished God of War 3 and it was awesome like the last 2. The new Clash of the Titans movie felt more like GOW as a movie than the original 1981 classic.
Really?!
Then I really MUST see it, I've been wanting to, but the only showings they're doing around here are at like 10pm, and I have an 11 o'clock curfew at this stage of my probation, so...
Oh well, I'll see it eventually.
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
HarryTuttle
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by HarryTuttle »

Well it's fun but not as great as the original, still worth seeing you know.

ANyone remembers the Legacy of Kain games? awesome vampire games.
JordanfromNZ
Settled in Forks

Post by JordanfromNZ »

Hmmm, well Eclipse trailer.

Without analysing it too much.... I simply can't wait. It looks awesome !

Of course I'm looking forward to the action - What guy wouldn't ? In Eclipse (Book) SM doesn't really dive into what's happening down in the meadow. You don't get to see all the action during the newborn fight. So it's going to be interesting to see how they've worked it in with the camp site with Ed,Bella, and Seth.

One thing, (well, I guess I could say I'm a little worried about it), Eclipse is a very emotional book. It's been said already, but I really hope that David Slade hasn't focused too much on the action. Eclipse is Bella's struggle. It's the one choice she's been ignoring for fear of making the wrong one. She doesn't know how to make it, Edward or Jacob ? Vampire or Werewolf ? They both love her undoubtedly, and she's so confused. Then there's the fear when she finds out about Victoria...

For me, there were parts in Eclipse that really, really made me think. It's so undeniably crucial that DS gets the intellectual, emotional parts right. Otherwise I fear Eclipse might not hit the mark.

I'm a little down about BDH taking over Victoria's role. But hopefully she does her justice. Don't get me wrong, I like BDH as an actress, I just think RL played her better.

But, alas, I'll still love it anyway. =)

I can't wait for Eclipse.
HarryTuttle
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by HarryTuttle »

well of course this will be guy friendly and hopefully more Alice, Rosalie and Victoria for us men who adore them.

Have you all seen Hard Candy and 30 Days of Night? excellent works from this talented filmmaker. He talked crap about Twilight before until he read the third book and liked it as he got the job.
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

I have seen DS's previous works...they are all amazing, and he is an amazing director
I think before he was offered the job and did that interview....he was just trashing twilight just because he thought it was pure romance and there was no way he would ever be associated with the movie....However, I think he (like everyone would if they would actually read the novels) saw that the book (s) had much more depth than just a teen romance novel. Plus, Eclipse was the most action filled of all the books...so naturally that probably leaned more toward DS as a director too since his previous involvement with 30 days of night....I am personally glad that the early reports say that it is action filled because the books don't really go into what was going on during the field fight and not a too in-depth discussion of the Victoria/Edward spar...so I think it will be really interesting to see what DS does with the material.

In regards to video games (sicne most of my other posts deal with them)...I finally finished playing through Heavy Rain (for a second time) for the PS3, and I also bought Alan Wake for 360. Both are absolutely amazing games that everyone on here who owns either console should consider buying ;)
ImageImageImageImage
HarryTuttle
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by HarryTuttle »

Heavy Rain is awesome, it reminds me of the Dragon's Lair games i use to play at the arcade in the late 80's when i was 6 to 8 years old.

Any guys here got any favorite vampire movies?

I grew up with vampires since 1987 when i was 6 years old and even watched "Lost Boys" in a theater and even watched Duckula on TV all the time.

My faves:

Dracula (1931, 1979 and 1992 Bram Stoker).
Nosferatu (1922 and 1979).
Let The Right One In.
Near Dark. (The TRUE BEST 80's vampire movie and loved it since i was 17 back in 98 as one of my video rental faves)
Interview with the Vampire.
Horror of Dracula.
Dracula: Prince of Darkness.
Blade 1 & 2.
Fright Night 1 & 2.
Vampire Hunter D and Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust.
From Dusk Till Dawn.
The Lost Boys.
Vamp. (Excellent underrated cult fave with famed music/disco diva Grace Jones and Geedee Wantanabe from E.R.)
The Monster Squad.
Salem's Lot (1979).
The Hunger.
Lifeforce.
Innocent Blood.
Captain Kronos: Vampire Hunter.
Def By Temptation. (Stars Samuel L Jackson)
30 Days of Night.
Martin (1977).
Last Man on Earth (1964).
The Omega Man.
I Am Legend.
Rabid.
Thirst (2009).
Immortality (a.k.a. Wisdom of Crocodiles).
Underworld 1 & 3.
Daybreakers.
The Forsaken.
BBordello of Blood.
The Vampire Lovers.
Cronos.
John Carpenter's Vampires.
Shadow of the Vampire.
Blacula. (Campy but fun, one of my teen faves from the 90's and a great blaxploitation 70's cult fave that started black vampires)
The Addiction.
Twilight. (Part 2 was enjoyable but as charming as the first but third is gonna rock)