What would you ask Stephenie Meyer if you could?

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
April_Cullen17
Settled in Forks

Re: What would you ask Stephenie Meyer if you could?

Post by April_Cullen17 »

Hmmmm, where to begin...We seriously need that guide, though that probably won't answer every burning fan question now will it?

Okay, How does the sex thing work? I would just love to here the logistics of that, not that I object in any means, but am I the only one that just wants an explanation? XD

How could you let down millions upon billions of fans down just because PART of Midnight Sun got leaked? I mean, I sincerely understand that it's horrible and a colossal invasion, but I don't think that's fair to fans, or yourself, to let that stop you from finishing it, especially when it's already half done.

I saw others writing this question and thought I put it down as well because I'm insanely curious. What was going on in Edward's head when he left? I wish you could write a lot more that explores his side of things, with any of it. He's such an intricate, complex character that has so much more to say.
Actually, I'd rather have Eclipse, particularly when Jacob kisses Bella, or rather, tricks her into it basically. What was Edward thinking, really? I would think he would be a little upset, despite what he shows Bella. I just think there's a lot more to the love triangle on his side, so I wish that could be written or explained in detail.

Why didn't you write more family (Edward/Bella/Renesmee) moments in Breaking Dawn? That was only part I was disappointed in. Otherwise I still loved it.

Do you really think the movies are that great? Compared to the books? (Do not get me wrong, I am totally and completely obsessed with the movies and all parties involved xD) I just don't think they do them justice at certain points. They get things right, they get things wrong, or they just don't measure up at all, but what do you think?

I'll probably think of more as soon as I hit that Submit button lol but that's all I got at the moment. Byes :D
DonnaMacCullen
Settled in Forks

Post by DonnaMacCullen »

What piece of jewellery would/does Bella receive eg necklace,ring bracelet when she becomes a Cullen as all the other Cullens have items with the Cullen coat of arms on it :?:
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Post by 21Twilight21 »

In Breaking Dawn when Edward tells Jacob that he could try to convince Bella to have a baby with him, was Edward gonna share Bella with Jacob, or hand her over to Jacob completely?

I've always thought that Edward was telling Jacob that he could have Bella completely as long as that meant she would live! Lots of people say that Edward offered to share Bella with Jacob, but I think Edward was going to let Jacob be the one in a relationship with Bella and he would just stay away!
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

As much as I would like to ask a thought provoking question, I would ask why the second thing from the Three Things quote on the back cover says "I don't know how DOMINANT that part was" (or something to that effect, it was definitely dominant on the back) but is different in the book itself (the book says potent, or at least mine and a couple copies I've heard of).

I would also ask if she still thinks the "Rob Effect" still applies to readers who don't like BD, or could ever apply to someone who read the books close to or after the release of the first movie. As someone who read the books for the first time in Nov 2008, I feel insulted whenever I hear or read that in [old] interviews.
newborntwifan
Wandering Through Town

Post by newborntwifan »

RebeccaCullen,

Does your version of Twilight have a cover from the movie rather than the original apple cover art? If so, I think the back cover uses the word "dominant" because that's the wording Bella uses in the film. I noticed the difference, too, and that's my guess for the reason. Are you not a fan of BD, then? I didn't read the books until 2010, and I think that makes a difference when I go back and read older posts and interviews--not really being a part of all of the craziness when it was all first happening. I'm not a fan of BD either, and the so-called "Rob Effect" makes no sense to me at all (which is probably because I think he makes a heartbreakingly beautiful Edward Cullen...) ;)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

newborntwifan wrote:RebeccaCullen,

Does your version of Twilight have a cover from the movie rather than the original apple cover art? If so, I think the back cover uses the word "dominant" because that's the wording Bella uses in the film. I noticed the difference, too, and that's my guess for the reason.
Nah, mine has the apple. Bought it in the boxset with the original covers the first Wednesday in November 2008.
newborntwifan wrote:Are you not a fan of BD, then? I didn't read the books until 2010, and I think that makes a difference when I go back and read older posts and interviews--not really being a part of all of the craziness when it was all first happening. I'm not a fan of BD either, and the so-called "Rob Effect" makes no sense to me at all (which is probably because I think he makes a heartbreakingly beautiful Edward Cullen...) ;)
Nope, not a fan of BD. When I read it the first time it was the beginning on November 2008, well after the casting and filming of the first movie. I actually tried rereading it a few weeks ago, and got like a chapter in and couldn't read it anymore. I honestly try and see where she was coming from when she said that, but honestly can't.

Apparently the "Rob Effect" stemmed from people initially not liking Rob as Edward, or that's what I've heard, and because I didn't read the books until I did, that factors into why I don't like the "Rob Effect" wording; he is also how I imagined Edward to look like. I'm fine with the cast of the movies, with the exception of Nikki (think she was hired more for her relationship with CH) and Bryce (who claims to be a big fan and may have been the first choice, but she turned down the role. If Summit really wanted her, they shoulda given her a role in BD, IMO).
babynessie_18
Wandering Through Town

Post by babynessie_18 »

RebeccaCullen wrote:
newborntwifan wrote:RebeccaCullen,

Does your version of Twilight have a cover from the movie rather than the original apple cover art? If so, I think the back cover uses the word "dominant" because that's the wording Bella uses in the film. I noticed the difference, too, and that's my guess for the reason.
Nah, mine has the apple. Bought it in the boxset with the original covers the first Wednesday in November 2008.
newborntwifan wrote:Are you not a fan of BD, then? I didn't read the books until 2010, and I think that makes a difference when I go back and read older posts and interviews--not really being a part of all of the craziness when it was all first happening. I'm not a fan of BD either, and the so-called "Rob Effect" makes no sense to me at all (which is probably because I think he makes a heartbreakingly beautiful Edward Cullen...) ;)
Nope, not a fan of BD. When I read it the first time it was the beginning on November 2008, well after the casting and filming of the first movie. I actually tried rereading it a few weeks ago, and got like a chapter in and couldn't read it anymore. I honestly try and see where she was coming from when she said that, but honestly can't.

Apparently the "Rob Effect" stemmed from people initially not liking Rob as Edward, or that's what I've heard, and because I didn't read the books until I did, that factors into why I don't like the "Rob Effect" wording; he is also how I imagined Edward to look like. I'm fine with the cast of the movies, with the exception of Nikki (think she was hired more for her relationship with CH) and Bryce (who claims to be a big fan and may have been the first choice, but she turned down the role. If Summit really wanted her, they shoulda given her a role in BD, IMO).
What do you mean about "Nikki was hired more for her relationship with CH"? I don't know hat Ch means, like you I started reading the books last December 2010 and I haven't read BD yet.. While reading the books, a little weird idea came into me and wandered if ever they can make another version of the movie/books wherein Bella ends up with Jacob.. They have chemistry and all anyway..
-babynessie_18-
Bellsuz
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bellsuz »

@babynessie CH stands for Catherine Hardewick, who directed Twilight. And I hope you enjoy reading Breaking Dawn!!

Image Credit to emaleth @ Vesperarium :)
babynessie_18
Wandering Through Town

Post by babynessie_18 »

Bellsuz wrote:@babynessie CH stands for Catherine Hardewick, who directed Twilight. And I hope you enjoy reading Breaking Dawn!!

Thanks for answering my question, Yeah. I'm really excited! I was so thrilled on the Book Eclipse I finished it in 2days.. Now, I'm just waiting for my BD book.. Thank you,
-babynessie_18-
BellaMia
Settled in Forks

Post by BellaMia »

I would want to ask Stephenie a little more about Edward. She mentioned once having a dream where Edward appeared and told her she got everything wrong. What did she get wrong and since the movies came out, does she see her Edward or Robert Pattinson as Edward in her dreams.