What would you ask Stephenie Meyer if you could?

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
guardian
Settled in Forks

Re: What would you ask Stephenie Meyer if you could?

Post by guardian »

bac wrote:If you were given the chance to ask Stephenie Meyer a question, what would you ask her?
If she could write a short story for the Voulturi, which charactor would she choose?
Kirby Phelps PK
Settled in Forks

Post by Kirby Phelps PK »

Please write Eclipse through Jacob's perspective, Meyer! :lol:
Image Image
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

I would want to know everything about what happened when Edward left in New Moon.

When did he leave the note, before or after? Did he have assistance from Alice? If so, what did she tell him?
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
twi_momof3girls
Settled in Forks

Post by twi_momof3girls »

corona wrote:I would want to know everything about what happened when Edward left in New Moon.

When did he leave the note, before or after? Did he have assistance from Alice? If so, what did she tell him?
Fabulous questions! I've always wondered what Edward was doing & thinking that entire time. I know we got a little bit from his POV in the extra on SM's website, but Edward is such an interesting, charasmatic, & dramatic person, I would love to know exactly what was going through his mind those seven months. I'm also curious as to how Alice took the news that Edward wanted to leave & how and if she tried to persuade him to stay.
It's all fun & games until someone gets a papercut!
Kirby Phelps PK
Settled in Forks

Post by Kirby Phelps PK »

Wasn't Edward's time away from Bella in New Moon suppose to be uneventful. Aside from occasionally looking for Victoria, he said that he basically stayed indoors, curled into a ball, and let the despair take him over. Sounds kinda boring...
Image Image
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

We know from Edward that his time away in New Moon was mostly uneventful.

I’m thinking more along the lines of Edward’s plans leading up to the breakup scene. SM tells us there were discussions with the family, including Carlisle and Alice, but there are still some tantalizing bits of information that haven’t been confirmed, at least as far as I know.

For example, the note he leaves for Charlie to find. Did he leave this before or after the breakup? If he leaves it before, that indicates he has been talking to Alice, and she sees Bella losing herself in the woods. Exactly how much does Alice see, and what does she tell Edward? Does she tell him she is going to make it out fine as long as he leaves a note? Can she foresee her catatonic reaction, and does she tell him this or not? If he leaves it after the breakup, that suggests he was still lurking in the forest from a distance.

“We’d gone only a few steps into the trees when he stopped. We were barely on the trail—I could still see the house.”

So, Bella is very close to the house, and Edward’s car is still parked in the driveway. What would have happened if Bella’s immediate reaction had been to run back to the house? Granted, Edward is fast and the Volvo is quiet, but could she have run fast enough to see the Volvo as it was turning a corner, or at least heard it? Would this reaction have surprised Edward? If he hadn’t already consulted with Alice, then why take the risk of bringing his car?

Everything seems to point to Edward discussing these things with Alice, because all of the potential pitfalls are solved, but I don’t think I have seen a confirmation of this anywhere.

Also, we know that he talks to Alice afterwards at some point. In NM17:

Alice shook her head. “I told him this would happen, but he didn’t believe me. ‘Bella promised’…

This is referring to Bella’s promise to Edward in the forest not to be reckless. When did Edward talk to Alice--immediately afterwards? I can’t believe Edward wouldn’t want some confirmation that Bella was going to be at least physically safe. Was there a time that Alice was looking for Bella when she disappeared from her visions due to Sam’s involvement? Okay, probably not because Edward would have gone nuts, but still, I would love to know the details.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

corona wrote:For example, the note he leaves for Charlie to find. Did he leave this before or after the breakup? If he leaves it before, that indicates he has been talking to Alice, and she sees Bella losing herself in the woods. Exactly how much does Alice see, and what does she tell Edward? Does she tell him she is going to make it out fine as long as he leaves a note? Can she foresee her catatonic reaction, and does she tell him this or not? If he leaves it after the breakup, that suggests he was still lurking in the forest from a distance.
Those are amazing questions! I never really thought about it, but now I'm totally confused. I don't think Alice could see Bella lost in the woods. Bella hadn't decided that yet and if Alice did see it happening and told Edward, he wouldn't have taken her into the woods.
corona wrote:Also, we know that he talks to Alice afterwards at some point. In NM17:

Alice shook her head. “I told him this would happen, but he didn’t believe me. ‘Bella promised’…

This is referring to Bella’s promise to Edward in the forest not to be reckless. When did Edward talk to Alice--immediately afterwards? I can’t believe Edward wouldn’t want some confirmation that Bella was going to be at least physically safe.
Alice could have told him that during one of their phone calls. Also, Edward was pretty much depressed the whole time after the birthday so I think he didn't talk to his family much. He just told them they had to leave (while looking very angry and probably even threatening them to make them go). Alice at this point couldn't see Bella's future because Bella doesn't know about the breakup yet and therefore couldn't decide anything about afterwards.
After the breakup Edward probably felt even worse and left without talking to his family. But I think he waited by her house to see if she made it home and than left a note when she didn't. Although, he would probably be very anxious if he knew she didn't come home and wouldn't have been able to leave...
Oke, I'm still confused.

On topic again: I also have a question for SM. It's pretty minor compared to the previous ones, but it's been bugging me for a while now and I can't seem to find the answer. So if anyone knows, please tell me.
What was her reason for not putting in a table of contents for Jacob's book in BD? At first I thought it was an error, but that seems unlikely and it fits Jacob's character just like the titles of the chapters. I would love to know the official reason.
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Suzan wrote:...Alice at this point couldn't see Bella's future because Bella doesn't know about the breakup yet and therefore couldn't decide anything about afterwards.

After the breakup Edward probably felt even worse and left without talking to his family. But I think he waited by her house to see if she made it home and than left a note when she didn't. Although, he would probably be very anxious if he knew she didn't come home and wouldn't have been able to leave...
Those are good observations, and I think most people theorize that that is what happened. This would then be something that Edward considered intensely private and was therefore winging it on his own. He took off in his car, but just far enough that he could still monitor Bella, and then left the note when he detected her heading into the forest. He talks to Alice later and then forbids her to monitor Bella’s future. It would be nice to have this confirmed, though.

I always wondered about EC3, where Jacob visualizes for Edward the images of Bella in the forest and later holding herself in pain. Granted that Jacob is the perfect conduit for delivering that, but a part of me thinks that SM may have been personally delivering one final rebuke to Edward for leaving and then not checking up on Bella. After all, SM told us that Edward’s character took over that decision and left on his own, and that she was just narrating it.
vampireDella
Settled in Forks

Post by vampireDella »

I Would ask these Questions

Are you planning on finishing Midnight Sun?

are you planning on wirting a short book on the back stories of the cullens and the volturi etc - just to know a bit about there past and how they came to be a vampire etc?

Why did she decide to make bella pregnant and how did she come up with the idea, of a half human/half vampire baby?

those are the questions i can think of, off the top of my head lol :D
Made By Me
Silver Rose
Wandering Through Town

Post by Silver Rose »

Why did you let your editor persuade you to make Jacob a bigger part of the plot?
Why did you have to make Jacob imprint on Renesmee?
Why are there so many Cullens now?
How are they going to hide?
How are people not going to be suspicious about them?
What was the point of Eclipse?
Why the love triangle?
Why weren''t Edward and Bella fine on their own?
Why did you devote a huge chunk of a book (Breaking Dawn) to Jacob?
Why couldn't BD have been in Bella's POV like all the rest of the books?
Thanks to Eclipsed.by.Love for the sig and avi