Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: Bella Swan Cullen

Post by urcoolcarrie »

unlikelyfan wrote: I was so happy for her when she became a vampire and she was actually so much better at it than most would ahev dreamed! This is what she deserved...to me it shows that she got her happy ending because she did what was right for her, for love. She got it all....because she risked it all and was willing to give it up in order to be with the one she loved.
that right there summed it up for me. i love the whole "she got it all...because she risked it all and was willight to give it up in order to be with the one she love." perfect explanation to how i feel.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
Mopeding79
Settled in Forks

Post by Mopeding79 »

Bronze Haired Girl wrote:This is the place to discuss all the things you've wondered about Bella as an individual. Keep posts about Edward and Bella's relationship to the general discussion forum.

Edward and Bella's relationship discussion found here.

Please remember the Discussion Guidelines. Posts will be edited or deleted as needed at the moderators' discretion without warning.
I honestly have always loved Bella she is one of a kind and she has always stood her ground in a lot of ways.. I know that she seems like the typical damsel in distress but she really isn't for all the things/situations she had to go through she is pretty amazing and i am proud of her.. I love for the fact that being amune to Jane's Edwards and Aro's powers including Alec's I think really amazed me and how she used that as her shield to protect those around her I thought that was awesome.. I always suspected that her power would have to do with her mind or something which it did.. She really matured in this book and took on a lot just being an 18 yr old I look at all the 18 yr olds and I think wow you are really immature.. Any way I also loved at the end of Breaking Dawn how she used her shield to show Edward all her memories of them to help him realize what he truly means to her.. I agree with SM on the last two pages that was awesome!!!
:mrgreen:

" The Mountains are the means the man is the end. The idea is to improve the man, not to reach the top." ~ Walter Boatti
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

well, bella's fascinating because if you look at her on the surface, she looks like a damsel in distress. then, if you go one level deeper, still sort of surface, she looks like such a strong person, because she got through all those situations. but if you go deeper, and look at HOW she got through them, and how she treats people, you begin to see that she is not so amazing, or so strong, or quite so selfless.

bella's a complex case because she both blames herself for everything and then doesn't do a damn thing about it. if it's all her fault, she should be able to at least try to fix some stuff, wouldn't you think?

but in BD, she was more a person that COULD be self-centered, but usually wasn't. she was stronger too.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Sauron
Settled in Forks

Post by Sauron »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:well, bella's fascinating because if you look at her on the surface, she looks like a damsel in distress. then, if you go one level deeper, still sort of surface, she looks like such a strong person, because she got through all those situations. but if you go deeper, and look at HOW she got through them, and how she treats people, you begin to see that she is not so amazing, or so strong, or quite so selfless.

bella's a complex case because she both blames herself for everything and then doesn't do a damn thing about it. if it's all her fault, she should be able to at least try to fix some stuff, wouldn't you think?

but in BD, she was more a person that COULD be self-centered, but usually wasn't. she was stronger too.
WIN.
EPIC WIN.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

um, was that a compliment? did i win? or did you win?

thank you, i guess...

Sauron
Settled in Forks

Post by Sauron »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:um, was that a compliment? did i win? or did you win?

thank you, i guess...
Yessir, it was. That quote. It explains Bella spot on.
I couldn't have put it better myself.
And I have tried, seriously. But that was beautiful. Those words belong on a pedestal.

I... um... dislike Bella. With a passion. (Don't even get me started) and I'm trying to explain to people how "Yes, Bella cares about others, she risks her life for people, yadda yadda. And I like Bella a little for that. But she also treats people badly, isn't that strong both mentally and physically, isn't that smart, is selfish, is annoying, I can go on but I'm lazy (but I can explain deeper if people want me to)."

But you know, after reading your post, I think I can appreciate Bella a little more. She is fascinating/complex if you think about it. And that is why, it is an epic win.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

ohh ok.

well thank you! i am highly flattered!

haha i had an epic win. i'm very proud of myself.

Edward-Bella-forever
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Edward-Bella-forever »

In twilight I saw her as a just a different new girl, but then after she had met Edward I was just like wow, lucky... lol Then in New Moon it turned different, she was heart broken, and it seemed to be up to Jake to pick up the pieces and put her heart back together, only to hurt her even more it seemed like after she had to go get Edward... hoping, and going to save that love that had once been with Edward. Then in Eclipse it was kinda the same, except she was finally happy again, with Edward, but also in love with Jake... so it was like choosing the one you love... and well, Breaking Dawn she just shot right up to being very mature... but still kinda the same in a way even as a newborn vampire, but in a good way. So, I dont know it's a great series, and as Bella herself a very lucky girl. She got the guy, she had a chance to be with other guys, like Jake, she got a kid, she got to be a vampire, and all ends well, I guess. Am I missing something? Then again, I haven't finish BD yet... lol
"And he smiled my favorite crooked smile..."Image
Old username known as: Edward_and_Bella_forever
Heroes: "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."
Edward-Bella-forever
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Edward-Bella-forever »

Dear Jacob,

I win.

Sincerely,
Edward
"And he smiled my favorite crooked smile..."Image
Old username known as: Edward_and_Bella_forever
Heroes: "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

now what was the purpose of that snotty little letter from edward to jacob????