Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Bella Swan Cullen

Post by twilight1909 »

leahroselover wrote:I don't see why just because someone says "its true love" it means that it is so. :?
Stephenie Meyer didn't just say it...she let us experience it.
It's true love because of their story, their emotions, their attachment. It just is. Out of all the things you could find unbelievable about Twilight, you're picking at how soon they fall in love? Really?? I don't see how you think Beauty and the Beast is more of a love story than Twilight.

I don't want to beat a dead horse here. Let's agree to disagree.
Last edited by twilight1909 on Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
leahroselover
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by leahroselover »

I think that true love is what you make of it. If your looking for a man who is going to worship the ground you walk on your not asking for love, you want a servant

@dazzling

That exactly what I mean.

@twilight1909
There are many thing unbelieveable about Twilight (sparkling vampires for one). However love is someone people experence and if your going to write it, it has to be realistic
Avi By Kaitlin @B&E.com
Sig by Electrimafried @ASN
Why Edward Hates Blonde's Pg-13 : A Dark/Romance/Comedy Fic
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

I edited my last post for a reason (let's not beat a dead horse), but love doesn't have to be anything. It's a fictional book, my dear. Nothing has to be realistic. It can be whatever the author wants to make of it. The fact that Bella and Edward's love is unrealistic is what makes the books such a wonderful read. For me at least.

Back to Bella.....
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

leahroselover wrote:I think that true love is what you make of it. If your looking for a man who is going to worship the ground you walk on your not asking for love, you want a servant

@dazzling

That exactly what I mean.

@twilight1909
There are many thing unbelieveable about Twilight (sparkling vampires for one). However love is someone people experence and if your going to write it, it has to be realistic
The more I think about it, the more I agree with you.
SM did make it all a bit unrelatable . . .
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
leahroselover

Post by leahroselover »

Yes, but love is not a fictional emotion it is real. Fictional books can be realistic you know. ;)

By anyway back to Bella, I feel she needed to be stronger. I mean, yes, she "loved" Edward, but I think most of us have been in love and dealt with breakups. We get sad, we try and make ourselves feel better.

Bella went over the line. It was like an obsession. Putting herself in danger just to hear Edward's voice was beyond stupid.
Avi By Kaitlin @B&E.com
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

leahroselover wrote:Yes, but love is not a fictional emotion it is real. Fictional books can be realistic you know. ;)

By anyway back to Bella, I feel she needed to be stronger. I mean, yes, she "loved" Edward, but I think most of us have been in love and dealt with breakups. We get sad, we try and make ourselves feel better.

Bella went over the line. It was like an obsession. Putting herself in danger just to hear Edward's voice was beyond stupid.
Yeah. I don't know anyone who would do that just because a guy left them. You learn to live with it, and slowly you begin to heal . . . I think it was the fact that even when she was starting to heal she still resorted to her old ways, like one step forward, two steps back kinda thing . . .
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
leahroselover

Post by leahroselover »

dazzlingdynamite wrote:
leahroselover wrote:Yes, but love is not a fictional emotion it is real. Fictional books can be realistic you know. ;)

Yeah. I don't know anyone who would do that just because a guy left them. You learn to live with it, and slowly you begin to heal . . . I think it was the fact that even when she was starting to heal she still resorted to her old ways, like one step forward, two steps back kinda thing . . .
Then she took Edward back like it was no big deal that she was going to kill herself over him. Girl, you need to get a hobby or a dog
Avi By Kaitlin @B&E.com
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

malaz wrote: Sometimes I wonder about Bella's physiological consistency, too.... The way she coped with her "loss" was ludicrous. I never actually gave this much thought untill recently. For one, Edward left her, or to word it perfectly--he broke up with her and she went in catatonic mode. She lost her non-existent or what little she had of autonomy and she started to develop tight metal coils with the next person she found, to live.
:D
Thank you, malaz!

I completely agree with you! It took a true victim to be so crushed, that the absolute love of Bella's life (that she had known for HOW long, now???) left and she had to snuggle up to the 'next in line' in order to prevent her life from completely flat-lining,losing its purpose, spiraling in, blah blah blah.
in New Moon, the 'next in line' was Jake.
If Jake didn't exist, what on earth would Bella have done? committed suicide? we wouldn't have much of a story after that... And when Bella finally got Edward back!!! Jeesh, she switched gears so fast- and that's when things turned into a mess. (in Eclipse, that is)
She was so ready to depend on Edward again.
Let me tell you, I am not a mild-tempered, easily victimized damsel like our Bella. I would not have been so quick to accept Edward back into my life if he just dumped me like that.
((There are a lot of things about him I would not accept in the first place- but that’s not anything I want to get into...))

And about the whole "true love" thing-- How can we define it? I mean, What is false love? I don't think that we are entitled to define simple, pure, unblemished love.

[/end rant]
Last edited by Lioness Rampant on Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ColormeBSG
leahroselover

Post by leahroselover »

Lioness you rock so much. From your name (is it based on the Tamora Pierce books?) to your icon (Belle>>>>Bella)
Avi By Kaitlin @B&E.com
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

:D thank you, leahroselover (most people just think my avatar is random and unrelated. Which is okay- I love the Beauty and the Beast)
I love your banner, by the way!! (and yes, I love Tamora Pierce and the Song of the Lioness is my favorite series!!)
ColormeBSG