Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Auctorita
Learning to Love Green

Re: Edward Cullen

Post by Auctorita »

You have a point there moon sidhe and I agree with Amivera in that there is a great deal of emphasis placed on appearances and the physical aspects of their relationship. I always found it odd that they don't really do anything together. There are a few odd times that they go to Prom or watch a movie, but most of the time they just sit around talking about their relationship or becoming a vampire; having essentially the same conversation over and over must get boring.
Who Watches the Watchmen?
www.deus-ex-machina.co.cc
moon sidhe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by moon sidhe »

KaseyHeartEdward wrote: This kind of guy is hard to find.
Hah. Yeah, that's for sure! Especially in high school.

You know, I think if you try to look for a logical reason, and make a case for it, lust makes more sense. But I don't think there was much logic or reason in their falling for each other. It just happened.
You are in my blood like holy wine
and you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you darling
And I would still be on my feet
KaseyHeartEdward
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by KaseyHeartEdward »

moon sidhe wrote:
Hah. Yeah, that's for sure! Especially in high school.

You know, I think if you try to look for a logical reason, and make a case for it, lust makes more sense. But I don't think there was much logic or reason in their falling for each other. It just happened.

I think when any sort of love comes into anything the logic and reason are thrown out the window.

But i really don't think lust was involved.
Love Always ~KaseyHeartEdward

Original Twilighter
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

Kachiti wrote: While you might see it that way, the book infer and says love not lust.
The book also says Bella is a smart and selfless person, but I very much see otherwise. First rule: Show, don't Tell.
Isn't that how you get to know person, by asking questions.
Maybe it's just me, but favorite colors always end up last, like when there's nothing left to talk about, rather than as the main topic of conversation. I was just thinking, these are two highschool kids... talk about popculture, talk about music, talk about movies, talk about BOOKS, talk about school or favorite subjects, parents, life before... The whole "Favorite gemstone?" "Favorite color?" thing was a bit boring, like it was thrown in there as a last-minute thing.
He is. It's so sweet!
KaseyHeartEdward wrote: But i really don't think lust was involved.
Lust was most definitely involved, I think we can all agree on that.
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
KaseyHeartEdward
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by KaseyHeartEdward »

Amivera wrote:
Kachiti wrote: While you might see it that way, the book infer and says love not lust.
The book also says Bella is a smart and selfless person, but I very much see otherwise. First rule: Show, don't Tell.
Isn't that how you get to know person, by asking questions.
Maybe it's just me, but favorite colors always end up last, like when there's nothing left to talk about, rather than as the main topic of conversation. I was just thinking, these are two highschool kids... talk about popculture, talk about music, talk about movies, talk about BOOKS, talk about school or favorite subjects, parents, life before... The whole "Favorite gemstone?" "Favorite color?" thing was a bit boring, like it was thrown in there as a last-minute thing.
He is. It's so sweet!
Lust was most definitely involved, I think we can all agree on that.

Lol i don't know. i think i just see lust as "i am ready to jump in your pants here and now" lol.

I see Bella's and Edward's relationship beging with attraction and curiosity.
Love Always ~KaseyHeartEdward

Original Twilighter
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

KaseyHeartEdward wrote:
I think when any sort of love comes into anything the logic and reason are thrown out the window.
That's so true
i don't know. i think i just see lust as "i am ready to jump in your pants here and now" lol.

I see Bella's and Edward's relationship beging with attraction and curiosity.
Agreed
Amivera wrote:The book also says Bella is a smart and selfless person, but I very much see otherwise. First rule: Show, don't Tell.

What ? I don't understand the point your trying to make.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
Auctorita
Learning to Love Green

Post by Auctorita »

Kachiti wrote:
Amivera wrote:The book also says Bella is a smart and selfless person, but I very much see otherwise. First rule: Show, don't Tell.

What ? I don't understand the point your trying to make.
It's a basic rule of writing. Don't tell the reader the blanket is soft, show how it is soft; it paints a clearer picture of what your describing with less adjectives. Her point is that a lot of what Meyer tells the reader about Bella and the other characters is contradicted with what is shown through their actions and reasoning. We are told to believe that Bella is a selfless person but she has shown herself to be quite selfish as well and thus, the contradiction.
Who Watches the Watchmen?
www.deus-ex-machina.co.cc
moon sidhe

Post by moon sidhe »

Auctorita wrote: We are told to believe that Bella is a selfless person but she has shown herself to be quite selfish as well and thus, the contradiction.
Is anyone ever completely selfless? I think it's an interesting question. Short of being Mother Theresa I believe that not many are. Bella commits both selfless and selfish acts. I think on the whole, she's a more selfless person than not. But that's a discussion for another thread. :)
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

moon sidhe wrote: Is anyone ever completely selfless? I think it's an interesting question. Short of being Mother Theresa I believe that not many are. Bella commits both selfless and selfish acts. I think on the whole, she's a more selfless person than not. But that's a discussion for another thread. :)
Thanks for making replying easier
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
moon sidhe

Post by moon sidhe »

Kachiti wrote:
moon sidhe wrote: Is anyone ever completely selfless? I think it's an interesting question. Short of being Mother Theresa I believe that not many are. Bella commits both selfless and selfish acts. I think on the whole, she's a more selfless person than not. But that's a discussion for another thread. :)
Thanks for making replying easier

Sorry! :? I can re-post this in the Bella thread if you'd like.