Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Topaz
Wandering Through Town

Re: Edward Cullen

Post by Topaz »

twilight813 wrote: I just finished reading "New Moon" again and Im slighty mad over the face that Edward left in the first place.
I don't have an in-depth response to this, but I wanted to add: me too! And not because I can't understand the logic, but because of how much he had to hurt her in order to leave.

Like Bella telling Charlie to let her go in Twilight. I know all the reasons why, but it still hurts me every time I read it.
Signature courtesy of myhopesaresohigh @ Vesperarium.
Avatar by Enough4 @ Vesperarium.
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

twilight813 wrote:

you know im an adult .. well older twenties but still and i dont think every young girl is crazy about finding "mr.right" hell when i read these books i told my boyfriend to turn into a vampire. he thought i was utterly crazy.. but its ok to dream and wish that there was such as thing as Edward Cullen and vampires and werewolves... i know i secretly do. :lol:

back to Edward. I just finished reading "New Moon" again and Im slighty mad over the face that Edward left in the first place. I know he wanted Bella to be human and have a regular human life, but even if he just checked in for one moment and realized that she was rolling with the werewolves maybe he would have been like "well since she isnt living a normal human life, maybe I should go back" but NOOo of course not, he had to try and almost kill himself. Im just ranting but when i first read all the books I read so fast just to see what was going to happen next and I never really focused on all of the parts and now that i am reading it slower im beginning to have a love/hate thing going on with Edward.. idk?

I don't know , hate seems a little strong but understandable. I think I felt mad at Edward for the longest time but finally I just felt sorry for him.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
pubesy
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by pubesy »

I will make a point of saying before i post...that i am taking Edward's perspective here....

In BD, Bella, jacob and renesmee celebrathe Xmas at Charlie's. Jacob gives renesmee a promise ring. Edward silently grinds his teeth at the gift.

I feel sorry for edward in a way. The guy, a supposed enemy of vampires, and a person who was once in love with his wife, has then started on his daughter!

That would be so weird! I don't blame him for being peeved at the start, when renesmee is first born.
Team Switzerland - Thanks for the sig Alysha
adultes lexiconum recipientes nuntiis singulis
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

are you kidding me??

it's not like it's under jacob's control!!

and honestly, i think it was ridiculous for edward to be peeved at the beginning. he knew that jacob couldn't control it. and he knew that jacob was a good person.

as for the promise ring, would you rather he just assume she'll fall in love with him and not try??

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

pubesy wrote:I will make a point of saying before i post...that i am taking Edward's perspective here....

In BD, Bella, jacob and renesmee celebrathe Xmas at Charlie's. Jacob gives renesmee a promise ring. Edward silently grinds his teeth at the gift.

I feel sorry for edward in a way. The guy, a supposed enemy of vampires, and a person who was once in love with his wife, has then started on his daughter!

That would be so weird! I don't blame him for being peeved at the start, when renesmee is first born.
I to felt sorry for Edward, its like he can't get a break.
holdingoutforjacob wrote:it's not like it's under jacob's control!!

and honestly, i think it was ridiculous for edward to be peeved at the beginning. he knew that jacob couldn't control it. and he knew that jacob was a good person.

as for the promise ring, would you rather he just assume she'll fall in love with him and not try??
That being said, it doesn't mean that Edward has to lay down and be happy about it.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

that's true, but it's stupid to take the situation out on jacob.

i think sometimes we are all a little too "poor edward". i think that in this story he is ANYTHING but the victim.

thron606
Settled in Forks

Post by thron606 »

I like Edward and all but the way he lied to Bella about not loving her to get her to let him go he should have known she would be in pain

And don't yell at Edward he is jealous of Jacob and wants Bella

Such a cute couple!
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

was your last statement directed at me? if so, i don't understand. i'm not "yelling at edward".

Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

Time for a new thread. I'm locking this one. Give me a few minutes to get the new one started.

New thread: http://www.twilightlexiconforum.com/vie ... =16&t=2024
Banner by urcoolcarrie