Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
pubesy
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Edward Cullen

Post by pubesy »

what about where Bella "rescues" him from the sunlight in italy, and he realises she is still alive?
and then the plane trip home!
Awwwww......i love this topic.

I felt that the only 'flaws' Edward saw in himself were meant to make him seem more... special. He saw himself as a 'monster', which brought the good side of him up higher, because he cared enough not to eat people— because he tried so hard to suppress the 'monster'.
no, see? WE are so used to having Bella's perspective and seeing the world through Bella's eyes, that when We do read midnight sun, we begin the book with an already preconceived idea of edward (because we have read TW NM EC, BD). So WE ALSO make excuses for Edward. because we know his loyal romantic, caring side, we dismiss his rantings of being a killer and a monster.

If we read midnight sun BEFORE we read twilight, i am sure we would all have a different idea of edward - where we would see edward as this "broken" isolated being who is terribly tormented at playing with a human girl's life, and bella as this strong, insightful girl who is bravely risking her life to be with this tormented vampire.
Team Switzerland - Thanks for the sig Alysha
adultes lexiconum recipientes nuntiis singulis
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

moon sidhe wrote:hehe. I like your list Malaz. I noticed that the top ten turned into the top twelve. ;)
haha, thanks. i was feeling very warm and fuzzy and happy so i decided to make a longer list--could have been longer but i REALLY need to finish this compare and contrast essay. boo school!

Pubesy - bella has never appeared strong and insightful in midnight sun, if anything she appeared EVEN more vulnerable and weak through edward's eyes. besides, she is kind of brave that she doesn't feel any fear being with vampires. but back to edward. anyhow...
Edward is truly the perfect man, that's the first layer. whole-hearlty in my oponion he's never been more human. EVEN in midnight sun i was just like 'woah' and people are saying he's perfect. i mean, he IS perfect in a way *swoon* being such a classy romantic. But his personlity, the way he views himself and other people just says human to me if anything else...er...if you'll excuse all the other specialties AKA him being a vampire and all.

We all know bella doesn't see edward's flaws because she's inlove with him- but that's not really it. Edward is really LIKE that. It's not like she's making up this perfect ploy because she's inlove, but edward is really just that amazing. even SM thinks so.
and yes yes yes...he DOES have flaws and it makes him even more great...wait, scratch that. it makes him even MORE AMAZING and special...or just impossible to describe.

and no, i am not wearing any rose coloured glasses. I mean some people are like 'wake up and see the real edward' what REAL edward? Edward is edward and in the end it's your interpretation. i could care less if you hate him or have a problem with him but it really bugs me when people are being like that. When they have this problem toward him or towards any character to be honest. like they think edward is a 'controlling physcotic" that's just the person's interpration. i don't see that tbh.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

malaz i think you are right but to be fair you really do give off the impression that even the things that edward does that are really terrible aren't wrong, in your opinion.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:malaz i think you are right but to be fair you really do give off the impression that even the things that edward does that are really terrible aren't wrong, in your opinion.
are you sying he is a controlling physcotic? haha...
I've never said his actions other people find terrible are good. those actions do not bother me so my oponions on them are nonexistant. if something doesn't bother me, i don't think i am capable to just change that. i understand where people are coming from and that edward was wrong to not allow bella to see jacob...etc. etc. but my feelings are nonexistant towards those actions, it's as if he never did them, that doesn't mean i am not fully aware of those flaws.
honestly, if a guy was disallowing me to go somewhere, i would be ticked of too like bella, dunno..with edward, yeah...it's a little different because i am not experiencing it, i am just reading it but not really experiencing. so it's a bit hard..i dunno..
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

right honey but that's what seeing something through rose colored glasses is.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
moon sidhe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by moon sidhe »

Out of curiosity, I'm wondering what people would do if a) your boyfriend (i'm assuming most of us are heterosexual girls here, but feel free to change the genders as they apply to you ;) ) was close friends with another girl and b) you knew for a fact that he had feelings for this girl that ran deeper than friendship. What would you do in that situation?
You are in my blood like holy wine
and you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you darling
And I would still be on my feet
viokagloring
Wandering Through Town

Post by viokagloring »

okay my first post about Edward will not be about how i love him. haha. but its the truth. :D

okay does anyone else think that since Edward has been around so long that he might have an accent of some sort? maybe even one that no one has ever heard because its a mixture? i think it would be cool. i kinda figure he might have one. but then again he is a vampire. frozen solid in the state he was in when he was turned. so if he didnt have an accent when he was human he wouldnt now. i dont know. i think its cool to think about though.

...strong emotions can alter us in permanent ways.
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

If he did have an accent before (though he was from Chicago, so I don't know what kind of accents they would have), he probably got rid of it to blend in with the humans.
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:right honey but that's what seeing something through rose colored glasses is.
thanks for noticing. opps. i dont have any on. sorry!

moon sidhe - i have to go to bed right now. but what i would do, IS i would make him choose. i have no tolerence for that sort of stuff. if they want me, THEY should pick me. and although i would be hurt, if they chose to go the other way, i will except that and try to move on.
it WOULD really REALLY hurt even more if it was someone i truly loved. like really loved and i proberly wouldn't be able to move on, not till after awhile
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

moon sidhe wrote:Out of curiosity, I'm wondering what people would do if a) your boyfriend (i'm assuming most of us are heterosexual girls here, but feel free to change the genders as they apply to you ;) ) was close friends with another girl and b) you knew for a fact that he had feelings for this girl that ran deeper than friendship. What would you do in that situation?
I don't think I can truthfully, honestly answer this unless I'm actually in that situation. While at the moment I can attempt to put myself in those shoes and channel the emotions, I'm not seeing anyone right now, so it's pretty objective.
And while I'm looking at it objectively, I would say that I would immediately tell them to choose, but I know that if you really like someone, it's really difficult to do that, because I was in a similar situation a few years ago.
So, I couldn't honestly say.

Although, I know that eventually I'd have to lay down the law. Exactly how long it would take to do that is a mystery.
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj