Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Edward Cullen

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

if that's a stretch, you need to be more flexible. i'd take up yoga if i were you, it's incredibly relaxing. maybe it would help you to not judge my opinions. especially before you even understand them.

i see what the circumstances were now. i had actually forgotten the line.

now that i see it in context, i realize it was not disrespectful, but i knew that all along. i had just meant to word choice. but now that i see the whole sentence, it seems a little less so and a little more so that it fit.

but here's why i was thinking that, mr. yoga. if edward were to refer to him as a son, it would imply that he has fatherly feelings towards jacob, which is inappropriate. fatherliness denotes a certain amount of authority, and demands a certain amount of respect. also, in a more father/son type relationship, they aren't equals, the father is clearly "above" the son. jacob and edward are equals.

so obviously now seeing it in context with the whole sentence it doesn't seem that way, but can you see how, if taken out of context, it could be interpreted as such?

OH IT WAS JUST SO CREEPY. i'm sorry. it was weird. the whole situation is weird, but that just takes the cupcakes. i honestly have to think of bessie as one thing and bedward as another thing, and not about how they are related so it doesn't creep me out. i know that's small-minded but i can't help it.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
AgentCross
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AgentCross »

Oh, I'm plenty flexible but thanks for the concern.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

ha.

but really, did you get what i was saying? cuz i really thought about that one.

and you got that i was joking right? with the flexible stuff? it's so hard on the internet...

also, i realized i referred to jacob/nessie as "bessie" so i don't know what i was thinking. it was meant to be jessie. oh i like that. it sounds better than bedward. like brangelina sounds better than tomkat.

AgentCross

Post by AgentCross »

No I understood what you meant, and yes I certainly hoped you were joking.. it can be hard to tell sometimes as you say. I just never would of looked at it like that, that what Edward said could of been taken any other way then the heartfelt goodbye I thought It was. But you explained your point.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
xhopeonaropex

Post by xhopeonaropex »

Interesting way of putting it HOFJ. IT does seem quite creepy that Jacob and Nessie might end up being a couple. Although who knows, maybe their story is going to be next??? One can only hope. haha

ANyways I have grown more fond of Edward in Breaking Dawn. Evenn though I expected him to want the child to begin with, I understood his worry for Bella and I appreciated and admired what a loving father he turned out to be. He is by all means a perfect man, because he is the guy who has his flaws but learns to fix them afterwards (every girl's dream in a guy to do), and yet he still has falws to live with. Maybe it's the fact that the guy is so faithful and compassionate, and that the flaws he has are so selfless make him the perfect guy any girl dreams of. Then again it could be just me. But all in all, he's a great guy. And yes, I have fallen head over heels in love with him :D
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

AgentCross wrote:No I understood what you meant, and yes I certainly hoped you were joking.. it can be hard to tell sometimes as you say. I just never would of looked at it like that, that what Edward said could of been taken any other way then the heartfelt goodbye I thought It was. But you explained your point.
mmm yeah. and i don't think that anyone reading it would take it as anything other than a heartfelt goodbye. i just balked at it a little, but i certainly don't think that's what edward meant, or how SM intended it anyway.

jacob and nessie will DEFINITELY be a couple, i mean, he imprinted, so it's kinda set. i just think that if i were in that situation, i would not think of jacob as a son, and i certainly hope edward doesn't. i'd think of him as a brother. although that just makes it more creepy! i actually probably just wouldn't think about it.

Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:
AgentCross wrote:No I understood what you meant, and yes I certainly hoped you were joking.. it can be hard to tell sometimes as you say. I just never would of looked at it like that, that what Edward said could of been taken any other way then the heartfelt goodbye I thought It was. But you explained your point.
mmm yeah. and i don't think that anyone reading it would take it as anything other than a heartfelt goodbye. i just balked at it a little, but i certainly don't think that's what edward meant, or how SM intended it anyway.
i think SM answers what Edward meant with the 'son' line.
t's one of the transcripts for the BD series...i am not sure which one though.
Isobelle
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Isobelle »

I was also slightly upset that we didnt get to see Edward as the doting father. There were a couple of times were it was mentioned that Edward was holding Renesmee, or like near the end when he hugs Bella and Renesmee. But yeah, I would have liked to see him teaching her how to play the piano or how to drive a car (really fast). He's such a classic kind of guy that you know he would be such a great father. It would be nice to have SM actually write it, rather than me imagining it. ;)
jazjade
Wandering Through Town

Post by jazjade »

I, too, longed for more of Edward and Nessie together, more of Edward the father. It seemed something important missing from BD.

Also, now that we have BD, all my original questions about Edward got answered in a strange way. There was always a voice inside me saying, Edward is really the bad guy, you know. He's very controlling, often lies to her, very possessive, manipulative. That doesn't mean I didn't love him. But I knew that Stephanie would let us know in Breaking Dawn how really good (or not so good) Edward's intentions were.

Of course, SM took the good path rather than the dark path and let us see the glowing loving Edward in BD. I had to drop all my dark fantasies about him and admit that he is a good heart. But, before BD, there was always that sense of danger with him.

I cry for him so much in BD, so much. And, at the end, when Bella shows him the inside of her mind, I felt very happy. It is kind of overwhelming trying to imagine what he must have felt.
AgentCross

Post by AgentCross »

jazjade wrote:I, too, longed for more of Edward and Nessie together, more of Edward the father. It seemed something important missing from BD.

Also, now that we have BD, all my original questions about Edward got answered in a strange way. There was always a voice inside me saying, Edward is really the bad guy, you know. He's very controlling, often lies to her, very possessive, manipulative. That doesn't mean I didn't love him. But I knew that Stephanie would let us know in Breaking Dawn how really good (or not so good) Edward's intentions were.

Of course, SM took the good path rather than the dark path and let us see the glowing loving Edward in BD. I had to drop all my dark fantasies about him and admit that he is a good heart. But, before BD, there was always that sense of danger with him.

I cry for him so much in BD, so much. And, at the end, when Bella shows him the inside of her mind, I felt very happy. It is kind of overwhelming trying to imagine what he must have felt.
Edwards pain when Bella was pregnant is pretty palpable.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"