Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
AgentCross
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Jacob Black

Post by AgentCross »

break4jake wrote:
AgentCross wrote: Ending's have to be Earned right? One last thing about Jacob though.. and that is in all my posts. I made it clear that I like them and understand him and his motivations. It was just one or three of his actions that I had issue with. But as Stephanie herself said, he's young and he made mistakes.
Exactly. And it's easier to understand the ending if you know everything else.

Yes, he is young, and everyone makes mistakes. And I know this has been discussed a lot on this thread, but I think Jake is very mature for his age, and he only seems immature because he's put up against edward who's had a century to gain maturity

Edward is plenty immature in someways. His constant overreactions are proof of that. Course I guess I should save this for the Edward thread.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
break4jake
Wandering Through Town

Post by break4jake »

AgentCross wrote:
break4jake wrote: Edward is plenty immature in someways. His constant overreactions are proof of that. Course I guess I should save this for the Edward thread.
Yep he is.....

We need a jake topic
You. Got. Food. In. My. Hair. - Rosalie Hale
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

since we've moved on, i will not post what i had written, however, agentcross, i would like to ask that you stop speaking to me as if i am stupid? we misunderstood each other, we both could have handled that better, and it's definitely time to move on.

on a different note. agentcross, i want to say that i give you the utmost respect for being a male twilight reader.

also, jake DOES realize how much bella loves edward, how in love they are. he's realized that from the beginning. he didn't go into this with any unrealistic expectation. he set out on his mission in eclipse knowing he would probably fail, since she really loves edward so much, but knowing he had to try, since he loved her and didn't want her to die. he's never been trying to show bella that edward didn't love her, he's just been trying to show her that she loves him.

although i do think that it definitely gave jake some insight into their relationship. however, what edward did in the morning was uncalled for and cruel. but the night, the conversation with edward, was good that they had that. it gave them some understanding of each other.

and in the long run, you're probably right, it probably did help jacob accept bella's decision with the grace and dignity that he did.

although, i wouldn't say it was good, necessarily. but then again, i loved jacob, so much more than edward, and you don't, so our opinions are always going to differ a little.

and thank you, b4j, for that little defense there love. i really appreciate it.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
break4jake
Wandering Through Town

Post by break4jake »

first off, agentcross, I didn't know you were a twilight guy, but props for you! that's awesome! :D

Yes, jake knew from the beginning it was a lost cause, but he wasn't giving up. He was trying to save Bella's life. If your best friend was gonna commit suicide, what would you do?

And maybe it was helpful in the long run, but after that little conversation, jake got some insight to how edward cares for bella, but after that i don't think it was necessarily helpful.

and no problem hofj, that's what friends are for, right?
You. Got. Food. In. My. Hair. - Rosalie Hale
AgentCross

Post by AgentCross »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:since we've moved on, i will not post what i had written, however, agentcross, i would like to ask that you stop speaking to me as if i am stupid? we misunderstood each other, we both could have handled that better, and it's definitely time to move on.

I don't think you're stupid, nor was I trying to speak to you like you were. I was simply thought you overreacted. Again, sorry to have offended you.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

Please remember the manifesto when posting.

The misunderstanding that took place seems to be somewhat settled now, but let me say this, it appears to be a matter of symantics. There was a word used that technically went against the manisfesto, but the intent and content of the post did not necessarily violate the manifesto, in my opinion. It's a very fine line. At this point I'm going to ask everyone to take a step back, take a deep breath, find a new Jacob topic to discuss, and enjoy yourselves.

~BHG
Banner by urcoolcarrie
cataclysm
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by cataclysm »

HOFJ wrote:
snip liv-wa, cataclysm, so good to see you guys back!
good to be back on the board. Thanks Pel et al.

As for BD, weeks later and I'm still obsessed. Says to self , "have-to-get-a-life." :)
AgentCross

Post by AgentCross »

Here's a topic. Did anyone else think that Jacob could of been a good match for Leah, since they are similar in a lot of ways? Course this was before Jacob imprinted :o
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
cataclysm
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by cataclysm »

AgentCross wrote:Here's a topic. Did anyone else think that Jacob could of been a good match for Leah, since they are similar in a lot of ways? Course this was before Jacob imprinted :o
I never wanted him to be with leah, though I really like leah (and want her to be happy), partly because they are so similar. Also, because they feel related to me and partly because they are related. I think SM confirmed on a Q&A with Twilight moms that one of Leah's grandparents (on her mother's side) was a Black.
AgentCross

Post by AgentCross »

cataclysm wrote:
AgentCross wrote:Here's a topic. Did anyone else think that Jacob could of been a good match for Leah, since they are similar in a lot of ways? Course this was before Jacob imprinted :o
I never wanted him to be with leah, though I really like leah (and want her to be happy), partly because they are so similar. Also, because they feel related to me and partly because they are related. I think SM confirmed on a Q&A with Twilight moms that one of Leah's grandparents (on her mother's side) was a Black.
Good point.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"