Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Re: Jacob Black

Post by Pel »

Not sure how related is related, if it's grandparents than yeah, that would be an issue.

I really didn't like Leah until Breaking Dawn, I feel you get a much better sense of her personality. I don't know as she would work with Jacob, because it seems like as stated before they are very similar. Also given the pack mind, I think it would make any connection to a fellow pack member really awkward. It was bad enough when they knew everything with Sam and Leah, and then can you imagine Jacob having to listen to Paul's thoughts on his sister?

So I'm thinking if pack members fell in love it would really be very hard on them and the rest of the pack.
cataclysm
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by cataclysm »

cataclysm wrote:snip I think SM confirmed on a Q&A with Twilight moms that one of Leah's grandparents (on her mother's side) was a Black.

Sorry folks, should have posted this quote (from Twilight Moms) before I started 'recalling' things with my faulty memory.
TM:
Who is Harry's grandfather?

Steph:
Harry Clearwater is a Black on his mother's side. (Sue Clearwater is a Uley on HER mother's side.)
So Leah is (probably) related to the Blacks on her father's side.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

well until you said that, i thought leah and jake would be really good for each other. but until BD i really did not. i thought it would be too perfect. in light of how it actually went, i think it probably would have been better. although i think they could also exist as very very good friends. together in general they are great.

but i don't tink they are that similar. i think that leah is pretty headstrong, in fact, she's just pretty strong. i really identify with her. jacob, on the other hand, while his emotions are strong, is a little more laid back, and has a little more, uhm, tact.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

To tell you the truth, I hoped for Jake's death in BD, or a fight in which Bedward kicked some tukas. But as I read more into Jacob's book I became more fond of him. Jacob has a different, kind-of, dry sense of humor that I find amusing. He's a different kind of guy. Also, when he and Leah were talking about how she wished she'd imprint on somebody already, so that she won't love Sam anymore, I hoped that for Jacob. Not so he would leave Bedward alone, but so that he would finally be happy. I was glad to hear that he imprinted and wish the best for him.
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
TheLion
Settled in Forks

Post by TheLion »

I actually saw Jake's imprinting coming... It still kinda surprised me though when it actually happened. :)
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

darkrider wrote:To tell you the truth, I hoped for Jake's death in BD, or a fight in which Bedward kicked some tukas. But as I read more into Jacob's book I became more fond of him. Jacob has a different, kind-of, dry sense of humor that I find amusing. He's a different kind of guy. Also, when he and Leah were talking about how she wished she'd imprint on somebody already, so that she won't love Sam anymore, I hoped that for Jacob. Not so he would leave Bedward alone, but so that he would finally be happy. I was glad to hear that he imprinted and wish the best for him.
first of all. bella and edward are two separate people. bella. and edward. so half of "bedward" wants jake around.

you hated him so much you wanted him to die? that just seems unreasonable to me.

i think from that it's pretty clear that you didn't understand jake's character.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
break4jake
Wandering Through Town

Post by break4jake »

I really didn't like Leah that much until BD. I understood that she was in pain, and that that's why she was being not-so-nice, but I still really couldn't get over what she said to Jacob. But know since I understand her more, I like her. And before Jake imprinted, I honestly thought that Leah and Jake would end up together. But I'm glad things ended the way they did.

Though it would be nice to see what happens to Leah and Seth (i love seth).
You. Got. Food. In. My. Hair. - Rosalie Hale
AgentCross
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AgentCross »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:
darkrider wrote:To tell you the truth, I hoped for Jake's death in BD, or a fight in which Bedward kicked some tukas. But as I read more into Jacob's book I became more fond of him. Jacob has a different, kind-of, dry sense of humor that I find amusing. He's a different kind of guy. Also, when he and Leah were talking about how she wished she'd imprint on somebody already, so that she won't love Sam anymore, I hoped that for Jacob. Not so he would leave Bedward alone, but so that he would finally be happy. I was glad to hear that he imprinted and wish the best for him.
first of all. bella and edward are two separate people. bella. and edward. so half of "bedward" wants jake around.

you hated him so much you wanted him to die? that just seems unreasonable to me.

i think from that it's pretty clear that you didn't understand jake's character.
I think Edward would want Jacob around for the simple fact that it makes Bella happy and he want's her to be happy. Course, that doesn't mean he doesn't get it or like that Jacob brings Bella such joy, but he certainly accepts it.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
Liv-wa
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Liv-wa »

AgentCross wrote:
I think Edward would want Jacob around for the simple fact that it makes Bella happy and he want's her to be happy. Course, that doesn't mean he doesn't get it or like that Jacob brings Bella such joy, but he certainly accepts it.
I agree. While Bella is miserably missing Jacob, Edward can not be having a very good time constantly having to deal with a mopey girlfriend.

And Darkrider: Isn't that a little harsh? I mean Jacob never really did anything to hurt Bella...she formed all the problems herself.
Click here to join. We need some more of that pureblood [;Image
GoldEyesSilentHeart
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by GoldEyesSilentHeart »

Ok, as you may have noticed in my introduction, I am a supporter of Team Switzerland. Jacob, to me, is an amazing character, and I love him for his personality (and he's HOT!) I would love to meet a guy like that! I mean, if I can't find my Edward, I will settle for my Jacob. Though, the perfect man is Jacob's persistance and joking, and Edward's looks, protectiveness, and romantic surprises. Lol, I'm getting off subject. Sorry. :roll: But, I personally don't understand why so many people dislike Jacob. After reading from his point of view in BD, you'd think people would change thier minds (well, I do). I understood Jacob's pain and what he was going through, so it just made a whole lot more sence to me. You have to give Jacob props; without him there in New Moon, Bella wouldn't even be here for BD. Jacob just makes everything fun, and I love him. 8-)

(I feel like I worded that very professionally. I proud of myself! Lol! *pats self on back*) :mrgreen:
I'll be your star if you'll be my sky.
I'll be your Bella if you'll be my Edward.
I'll be your forever if you'll be my everything.
&&Heartsss