Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Jacob Black

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

it was very professionally worded! i'm proud of you to! i don't even know you though...

agentcross, yeah, i was just making a point and trying to be succinct (for once) but of course you are right. i actually was talking about eclipse and new moon. i wasn't going to argue with her about it, since she clearly did not understand his character.

GoldEyesSilentHeart - have you read being jacob black? it's quite an insight....and it's during the time period up until eclipse.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
cataclysm
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by cataclysm »

GoldEyesSilentHeart wrote:snip Jacob just makes everything fun, and I love him. 8-)

snip
I think it's interesting how alot of people who aren't as into (obsessed with) jacob as I am point out his humor. I do find him incredibly funny, but I also found his more serious side to be incredibly moving. I think it's the combination of his humor and immense capacity for love (and the heartache it brings) that work for me. It's horrible to say this, but his pain is as exquisite as his humor. He loves a bit differently than Edward, but it's no less intense.
break4jake
Wandering Through Town

Post by break4jake »

GoldEyesSilentHeart wrote:Ok, as you may have noticed in my introduction, I am a supporter of Team Switzerland. Jacob, to me, is an amazing character, and I love him for his personality (and he's HOT!) I would love to meet a guy like that! I mean, if I can't find my Edward, I will settle for my Jacob. Though, the perfect man is Jacob's persistance and joking, and Edward's looks, protectiveness, and romantic surprises. Lol, I'm getting off subject. Sorry. :roll: But, I personally don't understand why so many people dislike Jacob. After reading from his point of view in BD, you'd think people would change thier minds (well, I do). I understood Jacob's pain and what he was going through, so it just made a whole lot more sence to me. You have to give Jacob props; without him there in New Moon, Bella wouldn't even be here for BD. Jacob just makes everything fun, and I love him. 8-)

(I feel like I worded that very professionally. I proud of myself! Lol! *pats self on back*) :mrgreen:
Amen to all of that sister! :D

I think that without Jake, there would be a good twilight, and a stinky and depressing new moon where everyone dies. And that would be awful and very sad. (and definitely not number 1 best seller material). To anyone who is in love with edward, and hates jacob, think of it this way. If jacob black wasn't there to save bella, there wouldn't be bella to save edward. So, in a way, jacob saved edward's life. even edward realizes that.

and darkrider.....i know everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but wanting jacob to die? what motivations got you to that opinion (if i may ask)? I do not see any good coming out of it. It would've only made Bella even more depressed. And she would blame herself, and then edward would somehow twist it around so it's his fault so that Bella doesn't take the blame, and then there's nothing they can do.

and cataclysm....exactly! jacob loves differently than edward, but it's no less intense. I Like how you worded that. :)
You. Got. Food. In. My. Hair. - Rosalie Hale
Liv-wa
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Liv-wa »

I've got a question for you guys that just popped into my head. Feel free to answer if you want (we seem to be devoid of actual topic)

How would the rest of the Twilight series been affected if Jacob had been finished as a character after relaying information to Bella as originally planned? What do you think the outcome would have been?
Click here to join. We need some more of that pureblood [;Image
break4jake
Wandering Through Town

Post by break4jake »

Liv-wa - haha. like i said, i think if jacob never came back, bella would've found some way to be a oath breaker by herself, and then accidentally die. and then edward would've found out, and he would've killed himself. and then there would be a lot of heart broken girls out there. The world is a better place because of jacob black!!!!!

PS i absolutely LOVE your avatar!!! That is my favorite quote ever in any of the books! I just love all the blonde jokes Jake makes, and when Rosalie said that, I couldn't stop laughing!
You. Got. Food. In. My. Hair. - Rosalie Hale
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

break4jake wrote:Liv-wa - haha. like i said, i think if jacob never came back, bella would've found some way to be a oath breaker by herself, and then accidentally die. and then edward would've found out, and he would've killed himself. and then there would be a lot of heart broken girls out there. The world is a better place because of jacob black!!!!!
Oh my gah! This just CRACKED me up! :lol: It's true in the worst way possible! I can barely bring myself to admit it, but it's sooooo true. Bella would have SO killed herself and so would Edward and we'd all be a miserable mess. I guess we owe you that Jacob Black lol. THANK YOU for saving that crazy Bella Swan! :D
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
Edward's Vampheart
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Edward's Vampheart »

Jake seemed so much more grown up in Breaking Dawn. He seemed to get the fact that he and Bella were never meant to be and stopped pining after her like some lovestruck teen. I'm really impressed at Jake for giving up moping and getting on with life!

^^^ Banner by the amazing Sparkles!

Proud lover of the Jonas Brothers!

If you want to add me on MSN send me a PM!
cataclysm
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by cataclysm »

Edward's Vampheart wrote:Jake seemed so much more grown up in Breaking Dawn. He seemed to get the fact that he and Bella were never meant to be and stopped pining after her like some lovestruck teen. I'm really impressed at Jake for giving up moping and getting on with life!

So, he wasn't grown up in Eclipse when he came up with the idea of a wolf/vamp alliance to protect bella and fight the newborns? And "pining after her like some lovestruck teen" wasn't really something he had much of a choice in. He loved her very much. It's not something you can just get over. Besides, you don't think it's a bit odd how bella/edward obsess over eachother?
Liv-wa
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Liv-wa »

cataclysm wrote:
Edward's Vampheart wrote:Jake seemed so much more grown up in Breaking Dawn. He seemed to get the fact that he and Bella were never meant to be and stopped pining after her like some lovestruck teen. I'm really impressed at Jake for giving up moping and getting on with life!

So, he wasn't grown up in Eclipse when he came up with the idea of a wolf/vamp alliance to protect bella and fight the newborns? And "pining after her like some lovestruck teen" wasn't really something he had much of a choice in. He loved her very much. It's not something you can just get over. Besides, you don't think it's a bit odd how bella/edward obsess over eachother?
I think both of you guys are right. Jacob was much more grown up in Breaking Dawn, but he has been gaining maturity steadily since the first book. In Twilight we saw a Jacob that was very young and he hadn't seen much of the world, for good reason, he was only fourteen when we first met him.

In New Moon he gained maturity when he took over as Bella's guardian and then--BAM--he is a werewolf and has to see and deal with problems he never would have been able to think of before he transformed.

In Eclipse he was tried many times over, barely getting any sleep and still managing to keep Bella safe. All through this he was growing up and becoming more mature...see the trend yet?

Then throughout Breaking Dawn we see him at his most mature state yet, where he is willing to stand up against the pack to protect what he believes in.

Anyone gains maturity as they grow older and gains experience. When he was 14 he had some love/lust crush on Bella, which grew as he got older. I see him as extremely mature for his age, I don't see to many sixteen year old guys who are willing to go against their roots in the way that Jacob had.

-I'm pretty sure that is the most I have ever typed on here at one time o_0-
Click here to join. We need some more of that pureblood [;Image
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

I didn't like Jacob at ALL in Eclipse, but I really learned to like him in Breaking Dawn. I loved how he had a section written in his point of view; it really helped me to understand him. Before BD, I thought Jacob was too pushy. I didn't like how he was all like, "Bella loves me. She just doesn't know it yet." But in BD, for a while I was actually Team Jacob, even though it was too late. And now, of course, I'm back to Team Edward, but I really like Jacob as a character now.
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee