Another sad moment:

"i pushed my legs faster,letting Jacob Black disappear behind me"
:( :( :( :( :cry: :cry:
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Re: Jacob Black

Post by Wingtear »

dang! I missed the mighty 100 page :x
Well, it's not like I would have brought anything to the soda/pop/coke discussion anyway, not living in the US ;)
Why do I love Jacob?
Like someone said, what's not to love? I fell head over heels for his sarcasm, the way he protects Bella, but still allow her to make mistakes so she can learn from them (MC lessons...) even if it means she hurts a little, where as Edward just rolls her up in cotton and stuffs her away safely.
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
mgrassel06
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by mgrassel06 »

Wingtear wrote:Why do I love Jacob?
Like someone said, what's not to love? I fell head over heels for his sarcasm, the way he protects Bella, but still allow her to make mistakes so she can learn from them (MC lessons...) even if it means she hurts a little, where as Edward just rolls her up in cotton and stuffs her away safely.
I love both Edward's and Jacob's versions of protecting Bella.

I love that Edward wants to wrap her up and tuck her away from everything to protect her and keep her safe. He loves her so much, and he knows he fragile she is. He knows how he could easily hurt her, and he's so afraid of losing her again and again.
I love that about Edward.

But Jake protects her and takes care of Bella in a different way. For certain situations, he keeps her safe, but he stays at a safe distance. He let's her experience things, and if things get too bad, he will be there to snatch her up and keep her safe and make it all better. He wants her to experience the world (the motorcycles, and eventually cliffdiving), and those are things Edward would never allow her to do because he was so afraid of her getting hurt and losing her. But Jacob wanted her to experience things that could be a little dangerous, because he was right there beside her to watch her way and know when to grab her and tuck her away.
I love that about Jake.
Sponser of the DBJ: Donating Blood to Jasper & Co.
ImageImage
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

mgrassel06 wrote:I love both Edward's and Jacob's versions of protecting Bella.
I love that Edward wants to wrap her up and tuck her away from everything to protect her and keep her safe. He loves her so much, and he knows he fragile she is. He knows how he could easily hurt her, and he's so afraid of losing her again and again.
Unfortunately I've been under a similar protection once, it easily turns from preventing you to do things that might harm you, to not let you do things at all. I guess that's the reason Edward really felt like the bad guy to me in the beginning of Eclipse
mgrassel06
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by mgrassel06 »

Wingtear wrote:
mgrassel06 wrote:I love both Edward's and Jacob's versions of protecting Bella.
Unfortunately I've been under a similar protection once, it easily turns from preventing you to do things that might harm you, to not let you do things at all. I guess that's the reason Edward really felt like the bad guy to me in the beginning of Eclipse
Well, I mean there is a fine line between prevention from danger and prevention from anything at all. I never saw Edward as the "bad guy" at the beginning of Eclipse, but I understand why he was so afraid. Always scared she's going to get hurt. That's why he doesn't want Bella to go see Jacob, but Bella knows how Jacob really is, how he's hurting, and how he really feels.
Sponser of the DBJ: Donating Blood to Jasper & Co.
ImageImage
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

^True, It's just that thing, getting hurt is part of living...
I forgave Edward for his behavior later in the book, but he really creeped me out in the beginning. Jacob never came across as unhealty to me the way Edward did. Immature, childish, cruel, and other stuff, sure, but that's what's to be expected from a teenage boy going through those things.
trhmllr
Learning to Love Green

Post by trhmllr »

I loved Jacob through the whole series. He is just great. As I have said before he is a teenage boy!!! People forget that. In New Moon he falls in love with her.But she is broken from Edward. So he gives her time. Knowing eventually she will figure it out and maybe feel the same. He can give her things Edward can't (Don't get me wrong I LOVE EDWARD. I love them both. I am a Team Edward and Jacob!!!!) He thinks he is a better match for her. Since he is a teenage boy he goes after what he wants. In Eclipse he uses the fact he is "natural" selection for Bella. Their relationship is more normal and would be more acceptable. It is hard to be so in love with someone and them not know and worse not feel the same (or at least know they feel the same).
I just like his sense of humor, his sarcasm, and his easy going attitude. He is just a great guy!!! I HOPE TO HAVE MORE ABOUT HIM!!
ImageImage
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

Funny quote:

"I'll remember you like this. Pink cheeks, heartbeat, two left feet. All of that."
Nessie_08
Learning to Love Green

Post by Nessie_08 »

switzgal wrote:Funny quote:

"I'll remember you like this. Pink cheeks, heartbeat, two left feet. All of that."
Oh man, I forgot about that one! So sweet!

Click the Bunny! Take The Quiz! Join the Blubness!

switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

Wingtear wrote:^True, It's just that thing, getting hurt is part of living...
I forgave Edward for his behavior later in the book, but he really creeped me out in the beginning. Jacob never came across as unhealty to me the way Edward did. Immature, childish, cruel, and other stuff, sure, but that's what's to be expected from a teenage boy going through those things.

Agree. I think the age difference is apparent here. Edward was always so careful and over protective. Old fashion, conservative etc. but he just wants Bella safe.

Jacob wants to have fun with Bella but at the same time he wouldn't let her get hurt as well.
He's just a teenage boy who fell hard for somebody for the first time. Unfortunately, that someone already fell in love with somebody else.

It's hard not to love Jake. Even with his human mistakes at times. I would give him a lifetime of servitude.. :D