Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
AgentCross
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Jacob Black

Post by AgentCross »

Yeah, I really didn't like Jacob. I hated how he kept trying to mess up such a perfect love. I wanted to go for his throat every time he kissed Bella... more like assaulted the first time. But, in Breaking Dawn I got to understand him a bit more, I like his sarcastic and self deprecating personality. I didn't mind that he imprinted on Renesmee... It was one of those "Of Course"... moments.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
Paprika
Wandering Through Town

Post by Paprika »

Jake....well, before book two of Breaking Dawn, really puzzled me and to tell the truth I didn't like him much. After he attacked Bella in Eclipse the way he did, and then tricked her into kissing him just seemed wrong to me, and I know if I were her I probably wouldn't have given him the time of day again. But in Breaking Dawn, well now I totally get him.

To be torn between wanting to be human and being stuck as a 'shape shifter', a exsistance that he didn't want would truly tear a person in two (no pun intended). Also, when he *SPOILER* broke away from Sam and created his own pack I was mentally cheering for him, because, really, it had been coming. Jake's wolf form has got to be bigger than Sam's by now (if his height is any indication) and it's not really right for the biggest wolf to not be leading the pack in my opinion.

And the chapter titles were funny as all get out!!!
Come on and pick me up, somebody clear the wreckage from the blast....-Jack's Mannequin, The Resolution

So I know I'm not alone in a world full of Vampires-Jack's Mannequin, Cell Phone
leahlovetwilight
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by leahlovetwilight »

jacob black
he's not coming
la push has come to shove
she's over you

haha that song comes everytime i hear jacob.
jake jake jake,
he practically pushed bella right into edward's arms
not that thats a bad thing.
but im glad he gets his happy ending,
he'll marry nessie
i wonder if she can have kids?
huh.
what would they be?
half human, quarter vampire quarter werewolf.
poor kids.
nevermind their ethnicity LOLL
well jake, we all love you :]]
"when i got home,all my things were in the garage."-edward cullen
he's probably thinking,love sick morons
brunetterebel010
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by brunetterebel010 »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:
it really makes me angry that some people are totally discrediting jake/bella due to nessie. it is my firm belief that jake and bella fell in love because he is jacob and she is bella, and in a natural world, they would be together. i do not think that jake was drawn to bella because she would have nessie, i find that to be poppycock. i think that jake imprinted on nessie because he loved bella so much, but couldn't have her. he couldn't imprint on her because she was with edward, and a force stronger than imprinting had already gotten to her. so he imprinted on the next best thing - her daughter.

:D
I don't think Renesmee is the "next best thing" they don't EVER imprint on the "next best thing" Remeber the original wolf has THREE wives, but only the last was his "true spirit wife" which lead me to believe, the one he imprinted on. Also I have to say I think you're right, Jacob and Bella were in love because in a real world Jacob and Bella would have been together. But alot of my friends were angry that Jacob went on and on about being in love with Bella and then *poof* he imprints. So I think while they loved each other because of who they were, I think that people who are angry need to understand that if Jacob hadn't loved Bella, he would never have been there to know Renesemee and find his someone to "trump a soulmate"
I'm sure that doesn't make sense at all and since this is actually a Jacob thread let me throw in that I really do love Jacob, and I really enjoyed reading his P.o.V. in Breaking Dawn,
I've definately always been a werwolf girl so Jacob was what really made Twilight perfect for me :)
Backhoe Trainee EDC. Inc.
Check out my book! Something Darker http://inkpop.com/projects/71416/something-darker/

Banner by jrsygurl!
break4jake
Wandering Through Town

Post by break4jake »

brunetterebel010 wrote:
holdingoutforjacob wrote:
it really makes me angry that some people are totally discrediting jake/bella due to nessie. it is my firm belief that jake and bella fell in love because he is jacob and she is bella, and in a natural world, they would be together. i do not think that jake was drawn to bella because she would have nessie, i find that to be poppycock. i think that jake imprinted on nessie because he loved bella so much, but couldn't have her. he couldn't imprint on her because she was with edward, and a force stronger than imprinting had already gotten to her. so he imprinted on the next best thing - her daughter.

:D
I don't think Renesmee is the "next best thing" they don't EVER imprint on the "next best thing" Remeber the original wolf has THREE wives, but only the last was his "true spirit wife" which lead me to believe, the one he imprinted on. Also I have to say I think you're right, Jacob and Bella were in love because in a real world Jacob and Bella would have been together. But alot of my friends were angry that Jacob went on and on about being in love with Bella and then *poof* he imprints. So I think while they loved each other because of who they were, I think that people who are angry need to understand that if Jacob hadn't loved Bella, he would never have been there to know Renesemee and find his someone to "trump a soulmate"
I'm sure that doesn't make sense at all and since this is actually a Jacob thread let me throw in that I really do love Jacob, and I really enjoyed reading his P.o.V. in Breaking Dawn,
I've definately always been a werwolf girl so Jacob was what really made Twilight perfect for me :)
I agree with both y'all. I heard people complaining that the imprinting thing discredited jake and bella's love and relationship, and that is just wolf doo-doo. in a natural world bella and jake would've been perfect together. Also I heard a lot of people complaining that it didn't feel like Jacob loved her any more, even before he imprinted. Well people, he was GETTING OVER IT! He was moving on and trying not to hurt Bella anymore. And I found his love for her written all through the book. The fact that he came to the wedding, that he broke off from the pack to try to save her...2 plain as day examples that Jacob still loved Bella. And he still loves/d bella after he imprinted, just in a way that was better for them both

And i agree with brunette, i don't think renesmee's the next best thing. I think she's just something that could trump a soulmate for jacob. Kinda like how bella loves jacob, but her love for edward was just too strong. Well, Jacob loves Bella, but Jacob's pull for renesmee is also too strong.

one more thing......HI MOMMY!!!!! :D
You. Got. Food. In. My. Hair. - Rosalie Hale
skyehack
Settled in Forks

Post by skyehack »

Jacob Black is, by far, my faveorite character. Even though many hate him for it, it is hard not to be impressed by his persistancy with Bella, though he knows he can never compete with the true love she shares with Edward. I am very glad that he imprinted on Reneesme. Because he found his own true love, and backed off of Bella, he is much more likable and easy to accept.
emmett_<3
Learning to Love Green

Post by emmett_<3 »

break4jake: Wow, i'm extremely shocked to hear that people actually thought that Jake didn't love Bella anymore. I haven't heard that yet. Like you said, even after he imprinted on Nessie, he still loved her. Not in the same way of course, BUT he still did, he even says it...and to top it all off, she was a VAMPIRE, that has got to prove that he still loves her. That still just...blows me away. Hmm.

skyehack: You don't hear that much...someone saying they loved Jake's persistancy with Bella. I agree, and i just wished a lot more people realized what exactly the motives were behind his actions. But. I dont believe the fact that he imprinted makes him more 'likeable'. To me, it downed his character...made it a little bit harder for me to like...i still love him (favorite character still 100%), but it didn't make him more likeable. IMO, of course. His determination was one of the things i loved most about him, and it doesn't show anymore.
"The piercing, heartbroken howling grew fainter and then disappeared entirely." <3

"Could a dead, frozen heart break? It felt like mine would." -MS
cataclysm
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by cataclysm »

Hey guys, missed you all.
And i agree with brunette, i don't think renesmee's the next best thing. I think she's just something that could trump a soulmate for jacob. Kinda like how bella loves jacob, but her love for edward was just too strong. Well, Jacob loves Bella, but Jacob's pull for renesmee is also too strong.
Amen. I admit I was hoping he'd imprint on/fall in love with a new adult character, but I'm glad he found his "soulmate trumper".
In my more-than-a-little biased opinion Jacob's book was the best part of BD. In many ways it was superb. The range of emotions alone was fantastic. It was alternately excruciatingly funny and excruciatingly painful/sad. On top of that we got more info on the pack and a greater understanding of Leah (who is also awesome). Not surprisingly, I didn't want to go back into bella's pov in Book II. Anyone else sad we probably won't get a continuation of jake/nessie/the pack/leah/volturi?
Liv-wa
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Liv-wa »

I see the Jacob board is back and going strong [:

As my first post after Breaking Dawn defending Jake:
How could people not like, if not love him after the book was done and over with. I mean come on, he gave up EVERYTHING for Bella. Most people would have looked the other way. I couldn't even imagine having to turn my back on my family to protect this species that is supposed to be your mortal enemy. I don't think I would have been able to do it.
Click here to join. We need some more of that pureblood [;Image
emmett_<3
Learning to Love Green

Post by emmett_<3 »

Liv-wa wrote:I see the Jacob board is back and going strong [:

As my first post after Breaking Dawn defending Jake:
How could people not like, if not love him after the book was done and over with. I mean come on, he gave up EVERYTHING for Bella. Most people would have looked the other way. I couldn't even imagine having to turn my back on my family to protect this species that is supposed to be your mortal enemy. I don't think I would have been able to do it.
Oh definetly!I loved loved loved that part in the book, his perspective...it was amazing. But it was him imprinting at the end that downplayed his character for me. I love him no less, but my overall point, i loved how Jake was willing to do that for Bella...how he DID do that for Bella. Like you said, how could anyone not love him after that? But, i have seen a lot of Edward fans say suprisingly good things about Jake.
"The piercing, heartbroken howling grew fainter and then disappeared entirely." <3

"Could a dead, frozen heart break? It felt like mine would." -MS