mgrassel06
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Jacob Black

Post by mgrassel06 »

uh-oh...

:shock:

can i go run and hide now?
no sarcasm indeed...
Sponser of the DBJ: Donating Blood to Jasper & Co.
ImageImage
Jazziscool
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jazziscool »

Yeah. I think I will too. There's a great place behind my bed. *eyeing corner*

PAGE 101

ONE MORE PAGE THAN EDWARDS THREAD!! WHOOO

Okay, quickly, think of topic before BHG catches us!! :!:

so............Jacob.......yeah. Uh-huh. Totally. *twittiling thumbs*

Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Supervisor of the DBJ:Donating Blood to Jasper & Co.
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

OK let's talk Jake related then.
What do you think Jake's best characteristic is? Why did you like him?
Jazziscool

Post by Jazziscool »

switzgal wrote:OK let's talk Jake related then.
What do you think Jake's best characteristic is? Why did you like him?
I LUVED Jake's mistakes. He isn't perfect, and people can relate to him. I am Team Edward (and Jasper),
but "who says I can't have both?" ;) I like him because he would do anything for Nessie and that is AWESOME!

Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
mgrassel06

Post by mgrassel06 »

It's hard to exactly say WHY I like Jacob. Could I be cliche and say that everything about Jacob makes me love him?
I was strictly Team Edward. I rushed through New Moon just to get Edward back. I didn't get to fully appreciate the boy that was Jacob Black. When I read it the second time around, I could calm down and actually read and meet Jacob and love him and get to know who he is.
Just like SMeyer said in an interview or one of her comments on her website. She said she was worried that people would rush through New Moon to get back to Edward, and then during the second read, they could appreciate Jacob.
And that is exactly what I did.

I learned to love Jacob in New Moon, and I became a part of Team Switzerland.
Eclipse was marvelous. How could anyone NOT love the famous tent scene? Jacob made me laugh [ALL THE TIME]. He made me cry. He was mean and hurtful to Bella, but it broke his heart when he did it. He loved her, and all he wanted to do was take care of her and have her love him back. I could relate to his heartache and despair--the way he desperately clung to Bella and the love he had for her. And then Renesee came along, and he was complete. I know that feeling. Going through those motions.

I love Edward so much, but Jacob is another boy [man?] that is such an indepth, wonderful character that is so loveable for every reason. The good and the bad reasons.
ImageImage
switzgal

Post by switzgal »

mgrasse you nailed it.

I read Twilight 2 years ago and my friend who lent it to me never gave New Moon (another one of her friends had it at the time I finished Twilight) She did warn me that there's not a lot of Edward in it beforehand and eventually I forgot to ask her about it.
This summer she calls me up to see if I want to go to the Breaking Dawn release party at Borders with her. I went to every Harry Potter release party and movie with her (she loves HP more than Twilight).
So I told her, she never lent me New Moon. So she did and I read it and fell in love with Jacob's character from my first read of NM.

He was just a nice sweet guy who loved being with Bella. Helped her out of her misery. What could you not like about that?
Then in Eclipse, he was so in love with her by then he had to try and see her and save her from herself (wanting to be immortal)
That tent scene was so HOT!!! OMJ!!!
mgrassel06

Post by mgrassel06 »

switzgal wrote: He was just a nice sweet guy who loved being with Bella. Helped her out of her misery. What could you not like about that?
Then in Eclipse, he was so in love with her by then he had to try and see her and save her from herself (wanting to be immortal)
Thank you. You did a good job yourself!

Who could not love Jacob? He is that sweet guy who just wants to save and protect the girl he loves. He [literally] saved Bella's life once Edward left her. Edward protects Bella in his way, and Jacob does it in his. He wanted so desperately to do anything and everything he could to save her. Even in the beginning on New Moon when they were passing notes, Bella knew how Jacob's heart was breaking. And it was.

And the tent scene was hot. I love Edward and Jacob both. I wouldn't be able to chose! What a lucky situation Bella was in! But also horrid..because she had to chose.
But, in the end, her decision was right. Edward is her soulmate, and Jacob finds his own.
As Jacob said, Bella was right. They were supposed to be in eachother's lives; they just had to figure out how.
ImageImage
switzgal

Post by switzgal »

mgrassel06 wrote:
switzgal wrote: As Jacob said, Bella was right. They were supposed to be in eachother's lives; they just had to figure out how.
Right. SM loved Jacob. You can tell because she made him so real. I think out of all the characters I can relate to Jacob the most. I mean we all have gotten our hearts broken and hurt the way he had.
mgrassel06

Post by mgrassel06 »

switzgal wrote:
mgrassel06 wrote:
switzgal wrote: As Jacob said, Bella was right. They were supposed to be in eachother's lives; they just had to figure out how.
Right. SM loved Jacob. You can tell because she made him so real. I think out of all the characters I can relate to Jacob the most. I mean we all have gotten our hearts broken and hurt the way he had.
SM loved/loves Jacob. That is obvious. You can tell how she loves each character. As she said, to her, they are real people. She loves Edward, and she said she hated when he had to leave; she didn't want him to leave, but Edward was going to do what Edward had to do.

Yes. I think we can all relate to Jacob. All of the hurt Jacob goes through with Bella? It's very relateable.
ImageImage
Jazziscool

Post by Jazziscool »

switzgal wrote:mgrasse you nailed it.

I read Twilight 2 years ago and my friend who lent it to me never gave New Moon (another one of her friends had it at the time I finished Twilight) She did warn me that there's not a lot of Edward in it beforehand and eventually I forgot to ask her about it.

It was funny how I read Twilight. My friend kept nagging at me, and telling me it was about a vampire falling in love with a human. And I was like "Jeez, I don't want to read about some pessimist/depressed vampire who lives in a gravyard and stalks a girl, and eludes her into thinking she likes him." She rolled her eyes and said "honey, you are sooooooo far from it". So I went online, read the first chapter, which REALLY didn't help my friend's case because it didn't show Edward...the way he really is. But, I agreed anyway, and OMJ!!(o my JASPER) :lol:
It was awesome!!

yes, tent was hot.

Trainee of the EDC, Inc.